Caribbean pirates extravaganza on Brig Unicorn

Thoth

Does anyone know how you can get on one of the tours that take the Brig Unicorn down to Soufriers? We've called 2 different companies and they both tell us they won't do cruise ship passengers. Carnival's tour goes north, we want to go south to the Pitons. Anyone know of a company that will sail us south to the Pitons? Thanks!

Tanya

• 2 weeks later...
My Dh is very interested in this excursion since he is a Pirates of the Carribean Fan. We are 50 and 52yrs of age, Our children are grown, so we will be traveling alone. Is this excursion for families with children only?

I'm 43 going on 44 and will be doing this tour without kids, so let's hope that isn't just for kids.

• 2 weeks later...

I called Carnival this morning and they said this tour only available on the ship. I love booking online...so is this worth the wait ?

Another tour I'm considering is Best Views of St Lucia...which IS available online. I love history so I have a decision to make.

• 4 weeks later...

This is one of those "not available for all sailings" tours which I found out last week. I held out to book this on the ship only to learn it wasn't offered for my sailing. but I did see it in port...so it's my guess that another cruise ship chartered it that day.

• 4 weeks later...

I notice on the RC excursion info it says that this Pirate Ship adventure has a weight restriction of under 260 lbs. I am traveling with my cousins, one of which is 6'6" and I'm sure he is over 260 lbs. The rest of us (6 total) are average height and weight. Are they strict on this weight restriction? We would love to go on this excursion, but would feel really bad if we had to leave one behind.

Hello all! Can somebody tell me how you get from the brig onto the transfer boat??

I am terrified of water :o I know dumb excursion to choose however this will make hubbys trip... my only concern is how you get on and off the ship?? Is it like a rope ladder you climb down?? Is there a "plank" you walk??:confused: :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some photos of my trip:

http://www.pbase.com/2112/brig_unicorn

To get on the ship, you just step onto the ship from the dock. To get from the Brig Unicorn to the boat that takes you to Pigeon Point you step down onto the boat. There is nothing to climb. As for weight restrictions, I'm not sure why there would be one. It is not like it is an active tour or anything, and there is nothing to climb. It was all adults on my tour. I don't remember any kids. The crew were not in character or anything like that. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not.

I thought the tour was ok, but I wouldn't consider it a must do or anything. I think my wife enjoyed it more than I did.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like RCI and Carnival take turns on who has the Brig chartered for the day. If my guess is right, that means we'll have no competition for the ship the day we are there next January. Serenade is going to be the only ship visiting St Lucia that day. Nice!

• 1 month later...

:D This excursion was a blast...I got to sail the ship, climb the mast and fire the canons...YIPPEEEEE i got to play captain Jacks wench for the day....after the sail to the island pretty much all of the women about 30 laid out on deck topless....The captain said that we could do whatever we wanted becaue we were in the Caribbean baby....The rum punch flowed freely on the way back as well.....;)

Angela

• 2 weeks later...
:D This excursion was a blast...I got to sail the ship, climb the mast and fire the canons...YIPPEEEEE i got to play captain Jacks wench for the day....after the sail to the island pretty much all of the women about 30 laid out on deck topless....The captain said that we could do whatever we wanted becaue we were in the Caribbean baby....The rum punch flowed freely on the way back as well.....;)

Angela

I guess I missed out ! However it wasn't available for my sailing.

Archived