Junior Suite Room Service

icanflossu

I am booked on the Granduer in January in a Junior Suite (8588 aft WOO HOO) and I was hoping that we would get the "better" room service menu so that we could have a few good breakfasts on our balcony. Do we need to upgrade to another suite? I am not sure I want to give up the aft though. If we decide to bring the kids we'll have to upgrade to the Family Suite, but if not, is the breakfast that big of a deal? I can't remember what we can get off the regular menu. I thought it was just cold cereal and danish (ick). What about having dinner on our balcony as well, can we do that?

Can you tell this is my first balcony?

Unlike some lines such as Princess, your room service menu does not change according to your accommodations. On RCI, you don't have to be in a more expensive stateroom to get better selections on your room service menu. As others have said, you can usually write in requests for special items and often they can accommodate you. If you want room service at dinner time, you can pretty much order the same things that will be served in the dining room that evening, although there may be some exceptions (lobster for example).

Also, durring the dinner meal time, you can order anything on the dinner menu with the exception of Lobster on Lobster night. No matter whether you are an inside cabin on deck 2 or the Royal Suite, the room service menu is the same.

Mike

Unlike some lines such as Princess, your room service menu does not change according to your accommodations. On RCI, you don't have to be in a more expensive stateroom to get better selections on your room service menu. As others have said, you can usually write in requests for special items and often they can accommodate you. If you want room service at dinner time, you can pretty much order the same things that will be served in the dining room that evening, although there may be some exceptions (lobster for example).

On the Monarch last week the menu for an outside cabin was simply a continental breakfast menu. The JS menu was the full room service menu i.e., eggs, toast, hash browns, pancakes, etc., Our group had both types of cabins. On the Explorer in a balcony this Sept. we ordered from the TV, they had a full room service menu. That was really convenient. Hey, I don't have to make the coffee so I don't care what's on the menu. :)

I have read some other, recent postings that said they were offering a more extensive room service menu to suite guests. I don't have any details, yet, as to what that means. Most probably, they simply reduce the offerings to the "lesser" cabins. :rolleyes:

Hypo

I have read some other, recent postings that said they were offering a more extensive room service menu to suite guests. I don't have any details, yet, as to what that means. Most probably, they simply reduce the offerings to the "lesser" cabins. :rolleyes:

Hypo

This is what was posted by a member recently from the on board Concierge.

As the Concierge Club guest, you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard. Upon boarding, you will receive a folder with more detailed information as well as the key to the Concierge Club. Below is a brief summary of your amenities:

· Use of the Concierge Club lounge located on deck 9

· Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 am.

· Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

· Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine.

· Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, sports activities, Explorations! Salon and Spa appointments, etc.

· Arrangements for private parties.

· Personalized Port & Shopping Guide advice.

· Business services such as faxes, copies, etc.

· DVDs and CD's for your use while onboard

· Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering of your dinner wine.

· Complimentary rain gear

Salon & Spa appointments, shore excursions and some of our other services often sell out. There fore, it is recommended that these be booked in advance either through the Royal Caribbean website at http://royalcaribbean.com/home.do or if you prefer, by emailing me and I will make the reservations for you. Once the reservations are made, I will send you an email confirming the details. Remember, in order to avoid disappointment, it is recommended that you book in advance.

In addition, we are pleased to offer our newly enhanced Suite Program, exclusively for our Suite guests. For the first time ever, we’re offering full menu in-room dining options, among other exciting benefits and services, all to maximize your suite experience. Program highlights include:

· Full menu from Johnny Rockets® available for in-room dining

· Full Breakfast and Dining Room menus available for in-room dining

· Fisher Price toys, board games and playing cards all available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

· Complimentary luggage valet program

· And in the Concierge Club, be sure to enjoy an exclusive preview of fine art from renowned artists, photography lessons to snap your perfect cruise vacation memories, and an opportunity to have a one on one conversation with the Port & Shopping Guide regarding recommended shopping information.

The Concierge Club is a private lounge reserved for guests staying the Royal Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite and Family Suite. The lounge is accessible with your concierge key on a 24-hour basis. Due to the adult oriented atmosphere and availability of alcoholic beverages in the evening, only guests of 18 years and above are permitted in the lounge. We respectfully request that guests use footwear and appropriate dress while in the lounge. The lounge has been designated a smoke-free area.

I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have. Have a safe and pleasant flight.

We write in our request, and get what we ask every time. The issue is that there is no table to eat on the balcony. We are cruising Monday and bringing a portable table, will let you know how this works.

I am also under the impression that we have plenty of room on our balcony since it's an aft. Am I going to be surprised?

This is what was posted by a member recently from the on board Concierge.

As the Concierge Club guest, you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard. Upon boarding, you will receive a folder with more detailed information as well as the key to the Concierge Club. Below is a brief summary of your amenities:

· Use of the Concierge Club lounge located on deck 9

· Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 am.

· Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

· Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine.

· Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, sports activities, Explorations! Salon and Spa appointments, etc.

· Arrangements for private parties.

· Personalized Port & Shopping Guide advice.

· Business services such as faxes, copies, etc.

· DVDs and CD's for your use while onboard

· Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering of your dinner wine.

· Complimentary rain gear

Salon & Spa appointments, shore excursions and some of our other services often sell out. There fore, it is recommended that these be booked in advance either through the Royal Caribbean website at http://royalcaribbean.com/home.do or if you prefer, by emailing me and I will make the reservations for you. Once the reservations are made, I will send you an email confirming the details. Remember, in order to avoid disappointment, it is recommended that you book in advance.

In addition, we are pleased to offer our newly enhanced Suite Program, exclusively for our Suite guests. For the first time ever, we’re offering full menu in-room dining options, among other exciting benefits and services, all to maximize your suite experience. Program highlights include:

· Full menu from Johnny Rockets® available for in-room dining

· Full Breakfast and Dining Room menus available for in-room dining

· Fisher Price toys, board games and playing cards all available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

· Complimentary luggage valet program

· And in the Concierge Club, be sure to enjoy an exclusive preview of fine art from renowned artists, photography lessons to snap your perfect cruise vacation memories, and an opportunity to have a one on one conversation with the Port & Shopping Guide regarding recommended shopping information.

The Concierge Club is a private lounge reserved for guests staying the Royal Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite and Family Suite. The lounge is accessible with your concierge key on a 24-hour basis. Due to the adult oriented atmosphere and availability of alcoholic beverages in the evening, only guests of 18 years and above are permitted in the lounge. We respectfully request that guests use footwear and appropriate dress while in the lounge. The lounge has been designated a smoke-free area.

I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have. Have a safe and pleasant flight.

Junior Suite's are not included in this.

I am also under the impression that we have plenty of room on our balcony since it's an aft. Am I going to be surprised?

I haven't stayed in an aft cabin, but I believe it's the size of the table (and the coffee table height) that makes it less than wonderful to dine on. I brought a roll up travel table for our JS and it made me so happy when room service came with my breakfast!:)

Room is not the problem. It's what are you going to eat on. The table is a small square snack size table. Not big enough to eat on.

Fine for cheese and crackers but thats about it.

Denise

We write in our request, and get what we ask every time. The issue is that there is no table to eat on the balcony. We are cruising Monday and bringing a portable table, will let you know how this works.

Can one request to get a bigger table? Will there be room? One of the best parts of having a balcony is to have your breakfast there in the morning :confused:!

On the Monarch last week the menu for an outside cabin was simply a continental breakfast menu. The JS menu was the full room service menu i.e., eggs, toast, hash browns, pancakes, etc., Our group had both types of cabins. On the Explorer in a balcony this Sept. we ordered from the TV, they had a full room service menu. That was really convenient. Hey, I don't have to make the coffee so I don't care what's on the menu. :)

It has been some time since I have sailed on a Sovereign class ship, so perhaps they are the exception that proves the rule. However, on Radiance, Voyager and Freedom class ships, in Junior Suites and D1, and Oceanview cabins, the room service menu has included the items that you mention above. I did not notice any mention in the concierge's letter, when we were recently on the Enchantment about a more extensive menu but as we were not staying in a suite, that might be the reason. There was a table on our balcony and one in our stateroom, but neither was of a size as to make eating a full meal a comfortable experience.

Good thing we're not too picky then. I figure, i'd be eating in a lounge chair by the pool, so what's the diff? table size isn't all that important to me, heck, i'll sit on the lounge chair and use the foot part to put my plate on. I'm just so excited to have a balcony that's big enough for lounge chairs. I'm beginning to wonder if i'll even leave my room.

That is strange, we always book balcony cabins, and have always had 2 chairs and a small table. Just ask them to bring you one, I am sure they will be more than happy to supply you with one.

Archived