Platinum Latitudes - direct no?

mistybaby

On our last cruise I felt NCL went a bit above and beyond on our perks. We are Gold level but we got a free fruit basket and a bottle of wine from the cruise line beside the bottle our TA sent us. They also had a treat for us in the cabin (an Inside) every day. If I read the perks right we are only supposed to get treats twice. We also had a consierge which we never needed to utilize and priority tenders.

I was glad to have the consierge even though we didn't need him. They can get reservations you can't necessarily get on your own.

The welcome basket is standard with Gold as is the treat twice a cruise. It used to be everyday but it has been lowered to be the same as what the suites get.

when we sailed in 1995 & 1997 on Norway which was before Latitudes. NCL has no records of past passengers that cruised with us 12 years ago. Our friend's realtive who was our TA, has been dead all those years, so no recipt, seapass, nothing. A few photos of that grand ship & we got the balconies that were just installed.

But we are AFT BA balcony, so we will get something as stated. My TA told us we will have robes too.

I'm not sure when the Latitudes program was started but we got our Latitudes cards in 1994 after our 1st NCL cruise on the Dreamward to Bermuda. We then used the Latitudes #'s for our cruise on the Norway in 1995.

I'm not sure when the Latitudes program was started but we got our Latitudes cards in 1994 after our 1st NCL cruise on the Dreamward to Bermuda. We then used the Latitudes #'s for our cruise on the Norway in 1995.

I cruised on the Norway in 94 and yes they did have the Lattitudes at that time. I had number back then.

I cruised on the Norway in 94 and yes they did have the Lattitudes at that time. I had number back then.

Not sure when Lattitudes started but in the early 90s NCL's program was called Embark not Lattitudes. I still have my Embark membership card.

. RCCL refused to move us or let us leave. They offered $1500 of the $5000 bill refund. So I called them Carnival. Then I get a call telling me that I do not care for them & they do not care for us, so we are both leaving.

OH NO!! YOU DIDN'T!!! what a horrible thing to say to someone!!:eek:

i'd pay MONEY to read this person's gossip column!

Originally Posted by MACOP viewpost.gif You hit it right on the nail with your comments. I am a platinum member of Princess and we went to nothing when Carnival took over. Now they have Platinum Elite so my former top tier isn't. RCCL has Diamond which was fabulous for us Elite Celebrity cruisers, but last 3 cruises no Concierge Lounge for Diamond members, just suites. So no specialty coffee in the Diamond Lounge where we get to assemble together to drink coffee in a plastic holder that after 30 minutes is cold. WE HAD A aft CABIN FOR 2 WEEKS THAT THE SEWERAGE SYSTEM WENT BONKERS COMING UP THE DRAINS IN OUR BATHROOM WITH NO TOILET OR HOT WATER IN THE SHOWER. So I post telling others booked in 9672 that drydock isn't til FEB 2008 so they don't want that stateroom. RCCL refused to move us or let us leave. They offered $1500 of the $5000 bill refund. So I called them Carnival. Then I get a call telling me that I do not care for them & they do not care for us, so we are both leaving.

So we came to NCL with our TA's recommendation. Better rates than Princess. No way for Carnival. Apollo Gaming gave us a discount since they know me from my gossip colums. So we gamble onboard & get maybe, free cruises. Love the idea of no formal, which is one less luggage. And all the restaurants..............

can I get a HUH? What are you trying to say?

that is why airlines went bankrupt. NCL needs to make money and base their latitutes points both on stays and money spent. Starwood is a highly profitable hotel company and like I said they base their points on stays and MONEY spent.

NCL must make money.. They should rewards those pax who indeed spend a lot of $$$. For instance is it fair to NCL to give the same amount of points to someone who takes five cruises in an inside cabin as a pax who takes five cruises who takes a courtyard villa. Of course not! If you owned the company you would reward your best passengers and they are the ones spendiing money

NCL does not give any points to anyone. The only points I am aware of are NCL Bank of America credit card where the points are based on what you charge. I think you are referring to the number of cruises one takes in order to get to different latitudes levels. If I owned the company, I would not only continue to reward my repeat garden villa passengers, but I would also continue to reward my repeat inside/oceanview/balcony passengers as well. They very well could be the ones spending the most money during a cruise week...if not more on a 2 day cruise to nowhere!

coka

Archived