Tahitian Princess Room Service

lighthouse206

First time on Princess - Feb 8th... I'm hearing rumors that some have been successful writing in hot room service breakfast items on some ships....

It sounds like this varies from ship to ship. Wondering if anyone has any experience with getting hot breakfast items through room service on the Tahitian Princess?

We're staying in a normal balcony cabin.

Just got off Holland America and loved the room service breakfasts!

I must admit that HAL's room service breakfast menu far outweighs Princess. We have been on the T.P. a couple of times and the Pacific Princess once and we have only ever had their continental breakfast. I haven't even dared ask for hot items as they are not listed.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has had success on the T.P. We will be on here next September in Alaska and would love to have a decent breakfast in our mini suite.

Jennie

We were on the TP in July and ordered omlettes, eggs,bacon, sausage, bagels, all kinds of stuff. They brought everything that we ordered. I was a little unsure if I should try because it was always something that I wanted to do but was too chicken. I didnt want to seem like I was asking for too much. But I figured, what the hell. I tried it on our first day and it worked. I did it every day after that. We always got everything that we ordered. You just need to be very specific with what you order. Good luck.

We were in a minisuite in August on the TP and we ordered of the menu. While sometimes things showed up as ordered, overall it was hit-and-miss.

Given that it seems to be possible (but not a given), I would recommend tipping your cabin steward/room service waiter generously at the outset if it is important to you.

In 2005 when on the TP, we were still given the extended room service menu in a mini suite for breakfast only. We were able to order a full breakfast from it. But other meals, nope, they would not allow it.

Since then I have read that they only give you the continental breakfast slips, and whether they still allow it or now, not sure.

With the limited dining onboard the TP, it was the only drawback on this sailing for us.

In 2005 when on the TP, we were still given the extended room service menu in a mini suite for breakfast only. We were able to order a full breakfast from it. But other meals, nope, they would not allow it.

Since then I have read that they only give you the continental breakfast slips, and whether they still allow it or now, not sure.

With the limited dining onboard the TP, it was the only drawback on this sailing for us.

They do just give the standard continental slip. but just simply write in what you want. just remember to be VERY SPECIFIC when writing what you want.

we're on the cruise just before you. we'll try ordering something hot and will post results for you.

Laurieb,

Are you doing Alaska too? I would love to hear what excursions you are thinking of doing. We haven't been to Alaska before so it is completely new to us. Email me at jennielynton@yahoo.com.au if you get a chance.

I have been reading the Alaska Board and have gained a lot of info from there but am always open to new ideas.

Jennie

Laurie,

Silly me. You do your dates back to front to us and I didn't convert your 1/8 to January but thought you were going in August. Have a great time in Tahiti. We were last there in June on the T.P. when we did a Tahiti-Hawaiian cruise. It was fantastic.

Jennie

We were on the TP in July and ordered omlettes, eggs,bacon, sausage, bagels, all kinds of stuff. They brought everything that we ordered. I was a little unsure if I should try because it was always something that I wanted to do but was too chicken. I didnt want to seem like I was asking for too much. But I figured, what the hell. I tried it on our first day and it worked. I did it every day after that. We always got everything that we ordered. You just need to be very specific with what you order. Good luck.

Ditto, although our experience was in May 2006.

Archived