Noordam question/Innlady1

JoanneF

I'm posting for my friend who is going on Noordam 2/6/08 cruise from New York. she has no cabin number listed but documents say *****. Does anyone know what this means?

Innlady1--I see you are from the Boston area and going on the same cruise.

How do you get to the pier from Boston-Do you take Amtrak, fly or drive?

There are 6 of them going from Boston for the same cruise.

Thanks for your help.

Just to let you know that there's a fourth option in getting to/from NYC. For the Noordam cruises there's the Homecity Bus directly to the pier from Boston or Providence.

It leaves Boston's bus station (at South Station) at 6:30. The Providence Bus leaves the Bonanza Terminal off North Main St. at 7:30. It may be the same bus, or a different one---depending on demand. I understand the round-trip cost is up to $99, but I've taken it twice from Providence and think it's well-worth the cost.

I'm posting for my friend who is going on Noordam 2/6/08 cruise from New York. she has no cabin number listed but documents say *****. Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Joanne,

Just saw your question to me. I'm not sure what ***** means :confused:

Last year, we took the HomePort Bus (operated by Academy out of NJ). It left South Station at 6:30, and was easy, easy, easy!

We had a limo pick us up at our home in Hingham at 5 AM, and were at South Station with plenty of time to spare. Put our bags on the bus and we didn't see them again until they were in our stateroom. Actually, the bus trip was great fun and very easy.

Stopped in Providence (Pawtucket) at the Bonanza Terminal, in New Haven, and again in New London. Then, stopped for a break/pit stop.

Your friends can arrange it with their TA or with HAL. It's $99 PP round trip.

We are doing it again this February...only decision is do we take a limo into Boston (or, hitch a ride from our SIL!) or drive to Providence/Pawtucket :confused:

As I've said before on here, I'd rather drive to Providence/Pawtucket and leave our car there.

I'm not certain about the ***** for the cabin number. Could it be a guarantee? It seems to me that awhile back on one of our cruises we had a guaranteed cabin and it said 0S (the number 0) for a guaranteed suite. Could it be a guaranteed M category? This is just a guess on my part.

You can check the HAL website on the immigration form to verify the cabin. If it's a guarantee, it will say so, and eventually will show the actual assigned cabin number closer to the sail date.

Thanks for your help.

Just checking in...Did I answer your question, Joanne?

Archived