Photo Contest

NavySis

PHOTO COMPETITION

All year long we ask you to submit your best photo from your recent Princess cruise vacation along with 50 words describing your Princess experience. Each quarter one winner is selected and the winning photo and story are printed in our Princess Captain’s Circle Quarterly magazine.

We receive hundreds of your best cruise photos every quarter to be entered into the Princess Free Cruise Photo Competition. We can only give away one free cruise per quarter and the decision to pick the best photo is never an easy one.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has submitted their photos, and to spotlight some of our favorites that did not make the magazine. Please continue to send in your photos as the contest is ongoing and four free cruises are given away every year. We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting digital photo submissions. Click here for more information.

PRINCESS PHOTO COMPETITION:

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Official Rules: 1. Contest is limited to one photo entry per Princess Captain's Circle Member per cruise. 2. Each First Prize winner for the 2007 contest will receive a 7-day Alaska or 7-day Caribbean cruise. 3. Photos must be taken by Members while on a 2007 cruise or cruisetour with Princess. 4. Entries must be color or black-and-white prints or digital files in JPEG or TIFF format – no slides or RAW files, please. Prints should be at least 4" x 5", and digital submissions should be at least 1200 pixels / 1600 pixels (equivalent to a 2.1 megapixel camera). 5. Submissions must include the following information: your name, address, Member Number, area code and telephone number, cruise date, ship name, title of photo, where it was taken and the names of any passengers depicted; as well as your story in 50 words or less. When submitting prints, tape a piece of paper with your information on the back of each photo, and include the story on a separate piece of paper. For email submissions, include all information and the story in the email body, and name each file with your Member Number – for example 123456789S.jph, 123456789B.jpg. 6. Submit your entries to: Princess Cruises Photo Competition, Princess Captain's Circle, 24035 Town Center Drive, Santa Clarita, CA 91355; or via email to membercontest@princesscruises.com with the subject line, "Princess Cruises Photo Competition". Entries can be submitted until the cancellation of the contest. 7. All entries become the property of Princess and will not be returned. Submission of entries authorizes Princess to publish photos and stories and photographers' names and to use these photos in any capacity without legal obligation or financial reimbursement. Winners are chosen by Princess at its discretion and Princess Cruises' decision is final. 8. Employees of Princess and their immediate families are not eligible to participate. 9. Government fees and taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Princess does not acknowledge receipt of entries due to the volume received.

Coral,

Thank you for the information. I don't think I really have a chance to win, but I thought I would try anyways.

Before you enter and give your photos to Princess for absolutely no compensation, re-read point 7 above:

7. All entries become the property of Princess and will not be returned. Submission of entries authorizes Princess to publish photos and stories and photographers' names and to use these photos in any capacity without legal obligation or financial reimbursement.

Sorry, I will not enter a contest like this unless only the winners' photos can be used and they are at least compensated in some way. These cruise lines use innocent people like us rather than paying for their photos from pros - they can use photos from anyone who submits them, even if we don't win. Sorry. I just can't enter such a contest with a good conscience. Perhaps because I take too much pride in my photos. But of course do whatever you like.

John

Archived