For those cancelling their RCCL cruises...

Well, I'll be canceling 8088 on the Jewel's 10-30-08 repo cruise, but I've already found a taker on it.

Related question- if I can the cruise outright, do I lose my cruise insurance cost? I think it's nonrefundable, so I think I would, which means I'll need to find a replacement cruise instead.

Thoughts?

Great idea for a thread- FWIW, I found a taker on the cruise roll call when I posted I needed to cancel.

happy sailings,

Wendy

Related question- if I can the cruise outright, do I lose my cruise insurance cost? I think it's nonrefundable, so I think I would, which means I'll need to find a replacement cruise instead.

Depends on the plan. If you're using Royal Caribbean's plan it's fully refundable as long as the cancellation occurs before there's any penalties.

If it's from a third party you usually have a 10-day grace period ro cancel the policy for any reason. So if you're in that time period you're OK. Affter that they're typically non-refundable but can be transferred to a replacement trip. You'll have to call the insurer of your TA to find out the procedure. They'll usually need a letter from you requesting the change and proof of the cancellation -- a fax from the cruise line or similar.

Archived