Children on HAL?

BambiRumsey

Our daughter has been on HAL twice. She really enjoyed the kid's programs because they were less crowded than RCCL. She is a laid back, polite, and sweet kid. She enjoys a quieter atmoshere over a rowdy one. She did not attend any shows.

The only complaint we had about HAL is how the older patrons treated our daughter. I can not tell you how many times she was pushed by older folks. They also cut in line in front of her at the buffet and ice cream machines. She also got rude comments about not being in school. She was on break those weeks. Many schools do NOT follow traditional calendars. It was clear she was unwelcome by some of the older generation. We have never had this problem on any of the other lines we've been on Oceania, Celebrity (personal fave), RCCL, NCL, and MSC. As a matter of fact, on the other lines the older folks were very welcoming and friendly towards her. My daughter has been to over 35 different countries and has lived in foreign countries and is very adaptable.

My husband refuses to sail HAL again because of this. I think if I find a good Alaska cruise, he may change his mind. I think my daughter learned a valuable lesson as she always remained polite towards these rude people and showed grace under fire.

Here is a link to our Zuiderdam Web Page. It has links to the dailies and Club HAL Dailies. The kids & Tweens were in one group for our sailing.

http://web.mac.com/sigma1914/cruiseinfo/Cruisereg_and_Zeta3.html

Were teh kids and tweens together because of a low number of kids?? I would actually love this because when we sail we will have a 14 year old (older group) , 12, 10 and 7... the 7 yo will be ALMOST 8 and wants to be with his siblings!

Were teh kids and tweens together because of a low number of kids?? I would actually love this because when we sail we will have a 14 year old (older group) , 12, 10 and 7... the 7 yo will be ALMOST 8 and wants to be with his siblings!

We were on the 08 Dec sailing with 32 children on board. We were told that our 13 year old could move down to the younger group, but that they did not allow younger children to move up.

The Loft area is right across from Club Hal. There is nothing in there but some seats and video games, etc. On our sailing, we received a detailed list of activities scheduled for the Loft, but in reality, none were ever held. My 13 year old was usually in there by himself, but he enjoyed playing the video games. He also went over to Club Hal, especially when they went to the video arcade and could play free for an hour, or when they went up to the sports deck to play games.

Archived