What is There To Do At Cococay?

CementShoes

• 2 weeks later...

There is soooo much to do at CoCoCay. It really depends on what type of person you are.

The one thing I always recommend is their jet ski tour. It's 90 something dollars for a jet ski and you can fit 2 people on. It lasts about an hour and you can go as fast or as slow as you like.

They take you to a couple different islands and tell you stories about them. They take you to a spot where you can jump off and pick up starifsh. The water is so beautiful and clear, and half of it is on flat glassy water and half is on nice big waves. Very enjoyable.

Also on CoCoCaY.

Lots of swimming. You can rent a mat and just nap on t enice water with a view of the ship in the distance. You can go snorkeling, and if you far enough there is a guy feeding fish and they swim all around you. We say a huge stingray, some barracuda, and some small sharks.

There is also a small water park obstacle course. There is a banana boat, a kayak tour, and much, much more.

Do they have chairs and umbrellas at the beach? If so, are they free or do you have to pay for them?

Is Cocoa Cay like Disney's private island, Castaway Cay? Just wondered if there were any Disney cruisers who have been to Cocoa Cay too who could provide some feedback.

Is there a site online that provides info and/or photos of Cocoa Cay? That's all the questions for now!

Thanks!

Lynda

Disney Magic, Oct 04

Majesty of the Seas, Aug 04

Enchantment of the Seas,Apr 04

Disney Wonder, Oct 02

Disney Wonder, Jan 02

You can try going to Webshots.com and doing a search for Coco Cay. I searched for Sovereign of the Seas (which stops at Coco Cay also) and many people had photos of Coco Cay. Yes, there are chairs,hammocks, don't remember about umbrellas, that you don't pay for. You have to rent the mat or snorkel gear etc. It is absolutely beautiful there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sovereign of the Seas 6/00

Fascination 6/01

Fantasy 6/03

Sovereign 6/04

Thanks for all the info re Cocoa Cay and I'll definitely try Webshots!

Lynda

Disney Magic, Oct 04

Disney Wonder, Oct 02

Disney Wonder, Jan 02

lyndasilk,

At CocoCay I don't remember alot of umbrellas because they have shelters with tables and alot of trees along the beach. You can sit in the nice chairs and read and enjoy the beach but be protected from the sun.

Cruiser4Life

RC Majesty 10/1999

Pride 2002 "Kirbi and the Cruiser"

RC Grandeur of Seas 12/02

Destiny 01/25/04

RC SOS 02/23/04 Baha Sis Cr

RC Majesty 8/20 - 8/23/04

LKitt82566, that's exactly what I want to do, sit and read but not get fried in the sun! Thanks for the info, I'll look for the shelters and/or trees on the beach!

Lynda

Disney Magic, Oct 04

Disney Wonder, Oct 02

Disney Wonder, Jan 02

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone. My gf and I will be in Cococay later on this month (Majesty Aug 30th) and we're deciding on if we should parasail ($80pp) or try the jet ski tour ($90 for 2 ppl). The thing that bothers me about parasailing is that you pay $80pp for only 5 min up in the air. Plus the jet ski tour seems fun 'cause you don't just ride around on your own but it's actually a tour. We're probably going to do a bit of snorkeling in Cococay as well. So would you all recommend parasailing or the jet ski tour for first timers if you could only pick one?

Hi Hugolizard,

I have done Parasailing in Nassau and the Jet-Ski tour in Labadee. My opinion if you were only doing one thing I would go with Jet-Ski, it is one hell of an experience plus you are in the water for almost an hour. It is very thrilling and once done you will have lots of time for snorkeling too. It is cheaper money wise also as it is only 90 for 2 people whereas for parasailing it is 80 pp.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to clarify that you cannot go as fast or as slow as you want on the jet ski tour. My husband and I were not going fast enough and the guides were not happy about that. The jet ski tour is failry fast moving. It was wonderful tho.

You can bring your own snorkel gear but they make you rent a vest with an inflation device on it.

And if you accidentaly inflate you have to go back and get new one and be treated very rudely.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;31;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Waaay to long before I board Fantasy

Sounds like you're speaking form experience. :)

:eek: For the 9/24/04 Grandeur sailing, RCI is not offering the Waverunner at Coco Cay (disappears from the list when you try to buy). I phoned them, told me talk to representative once on the ship or to the independent tour operators that do the Coco offerings. I'm enormously disappointed. What experiences did you all have? Once on the cay, can you get on a tour. Do you have any idea who the operators are? Any advice on solving this?

• 3 weeks later...

Harmony,

They do have a minimum age (I think it's 16) to drive (and it is very fast moving) but as far as I know you are not asked for a liscense. If you can do this tour do it.. Do the first one of the day too. We got a good price and had a blast.. I am 40 btw and my husband is 36 so you don't need to be a spring chicken... (just in case some of you folks thought that this was just for the 20 year old set)..

I also would recommend the wave runner tour if available. My husband and I did it several years ago when we cruised on the Sovreign of the Seas. As others have said, it was fast moving and it was our first time on a wave runner so we had a hard time keeping up at first. Someone else mentioned the spot where the water was so blue you could see the starfish. We experienced that too and we still talk about it. It was the bluest, clearest water we have ever seen and the starfish were the size of dinner plates. Unbelievable! Coco Cay was one of our favorite stops of the three cruises we've been on. If you like the beach and the water you will LOVE it! Enjoy!

Archived