Gluten Free Menu

Q: What type of special meals does Royal Caribbean offer?

A: We make every effort to accommodate our guests' dietary requirements whenever possible. We can accommodate special needs such as:

Food allergies

Gluten-free

Vegetarian (except for vegan/macrobiotic)

Low-fat

Low-sodium

Lactose-free/soy milk, Ensure, and kosher meals are no extra charge. All you have to do is notify us at least 45 days prior to sailing. Just send an e-mail that includes the guests' names, reservation ID number, ship's name and voyage date to the relevant address below:

Food allergies - foodallergies@rccl.com

Kosher meals - kosher@rccl.com

(Kosher for Passover meal requests MUST be received 60 days in advance in order to be accommodated.)

Indian-style vegetarian meals - Indianvegetarian@rccl.com

Gluten-free/celiac meals - glutenfree@rccl.com

Fax requests may be sent to 305-539-6018 Attn: Special Meals Request

E-mails will receive an automated response. Faxed requests will also receive a response provided the guest provides an email address. We kindly ask that guests do not call Royal Caribbean International suppliers with specific questions.

Special meal requests that are faxed or e-mailed less than 45 days of sailing are dependent on the ship's product availability. We will try to accommodate to the best of our ability.

We were on Mariner this summer with my wife's sister. You will not find a glutten free menu, but something is available with all of the meals offered. You just have to look around and pick what fits the diet.

They did prepare glutten free bread for her, it was prepared fresh daily, although it was about the worst I have ever tasted. We did appreciate their efforts though.

We were on Mariner for a cruise in honor of SIL's grandparents' 60th anniversary and his Grandfather is celiac. They contacted RCCL prior to the cruise about gluten free food. In addition, the Head Waitress came by every night to discuss the next night's menu with him. I think RCI handles this issue very well.

We were on Mariner this summer with my wife's sister. You will not find a glutten free menu, but something is available with all of the meals offered. You just have to look around and pick what fits the diet.

They did prepare glutten free bread for her, it was prepared fresh daily, although it was about the worst I have ever tasted. We did appreciate their efforts though.

Did she contact RCCL before the cruise? See the above email addresses for any future cruises. They are very accommodating about special diets IF you notify them ahead of time.

My husband has celiac disease and we have always had wonderful service on RCCL. They have gone out of their way to make sure he did not have any problem with the food. We did bring his own salad dressing and they labeled it and kept it for him. He liked the GF bread, but it can be a challenge. We ate at the specialty resteraunts on both the Explorer and Mariner and were treated with great food and service. My husband was able to eat the flourless chocolate cake with no problem I checked the cook book prior to him being served!!! RCCL has been the best and that is why we continue to sail with them.

barbara

Macwoman

my sister & I try to eat glutten free and the first time we cruised on RCCL, we asked if they had any gf bread. They found some frozen and had it for us EVERY night. We ate every morsel of it because of their gesture, but it was TERRIBLE. but we ate it happily. We have never asked them for GF menu, we just watch what we eat.

We did order gf meals on Lufthansa on our flight to Barcelona & it was NOT. I even questioned the flight attendant & she snippily told us that if it said it was GF, it was. TRUST me, it was not & we sufferred from that.

Good luck

My husband was able to eat the flourless chocolate cake with no problem I checked the cook book prior to him being served!!! RCCL has been the best and that is why we continue to sail with them.barbaraMacwoman

And if my BIL can not eat it, then rats, I guess I will have to eat his chocolate cake!!

All you have to do is notify us at least 45 days prior to sailing. Just send an e-mail that includes the guests' names, reservation ID number, ship's name and voyage date to the relevant address below:

Gluten-free/celiac meals - glutenfree@rccl.com

Fax requests may be sent to 305-539-6018 Attn: Special Meals Request

E-mails will receive an automated response. Faxed requests will also receive a response provided the guest provides an email address. We kindly ask that guests do not call Royal Caribbean International suppliers with specific questions.

Special meal requests that are faxed or e-mailed less than 45 days of sailing are dependent on the ship's product availability. We will try to accommodate to the best of our ability.

Sue L, Thank you so much for the information. This is very helpful. I have send the infor to my SIL and they can manage it from here.

And if my BIL can not eat it, then rats, I guess I will have to eat his chocolate cake!!

Sue L, Thank you so much for the information. This is very helpful. I have send the infor to my SIL and they can manage it from here.

You are very welcome. Have a wonderful time in Alaska it is absolutely amazing. We did it this past summer.

Archived