Zenith Aft - Bahamas Deck

West Side Story

Hi All!

I haven't been on the Zenith since the early '90's. My memory is fading....

The enclosed picture shows the aft of the ship on the Bahamas Deck.

My question is:

What is that blank area aft of the purple cabins? It looks like there are stairs there. What does it lead to? Is there an exit there leading out to the aft deck? Is there a lot of door slamming in that area?

Thanks for any info!

ZenithBahamasDeck.jpg.d3e625141d78c2a55a08e808cbd11b2a.jpg

Does any one know if they have lounge chairs on the Atlantic deck in that aft section? That would be a great big balcony. Good to know the noise wasn't heard from the closing of the door.

Did you hear any noise in your cabin from the buffet above??????

We were on Zenith's Atlantic deck on the left side (port?) and we were above the disco. We were right above the sound system and the dj had too much bass in the mix. The other side of the lounge was not noticeably loud so I think the cabins above that area would be fine. The glasses on our nightstand rattled all night and the walls and everything in the cabin vibrated. We complained several times especially after 2:00 a.m. - you would think that with the disco empty after midnight the dj would turn the volume down a tiny bit. Nothing was ever done. That being said, we loved having the back deck to use as our own balcony. We ordered a plate of fruit and cheese in the evenings before dinner and had drinks and snacks on the "verandah" We were usually the only folks out there at that time. During the day the lounge chairs were usually full - especially used by folks who wanted some shade.

At the end of August we were in 1084 starboard side, aft, Atlantic. Soooooo quiet. Would stay in 1084 again in a heartbeat!!!!

I just got off the Zenith and also stayed in 1084. Overall I'd say it was pretty quiet. Even though there is the grill right above you, I think the room is located right beneath a set of stairs, so you never hear footsteps or chairs moving from the grill traffic. I think there was Rainbow Room below us, but we never heard any residual noise from it.

The Atlantic deck has a bunch of chairs that were usually free, but there is no breeze back there and it gets really hot. The Bahamas deck had a few ping pong tables, a golf cage, and then only a few chairs.... most of the Bahamas deck veranda is covered.

• 1 month later...

Archived