Tahitian Princess Owner's Suite Perks - sharing with grandparents?

lighthouse206

We (myself and my spouse, early 30's) booked an Owner's Suite on an upcoming Tahitian Princess sailing.

We're taking my 80+ year old grandparents with us and they will be staying in a standard balcony. They are not 100% mobile and we want to keep very close tabs on them and stay together as much as possible.

First time for all of us on Princess.

I'm wondering if the Princess folks will give us an extra two priority tender tickets for them to accompany us off the ship at ports? I'm assuming they'll have no problem checking in at the pier with us...

Thanks for any help!

It's possible, but they certainly aren't obligated.

My advise is

1. wait until the Passenger Services Desk is very quiet (or perhaps that's the Excursions Desk?)
  2. approach them with a smile, eye contact and unagressive manner
  3. and politely "ask" them if they would "consider" the possibility due to your grandparents extreme age.

My observation is that a very gentle manner is most effective when asking for a favor from the Princess staff (and this WOULD be a favor). Demanding a favor usually doesn't work.

This may be a lot easier than you realize. When we have sailed in a full suite, they will usually give us an extra set of Priority Tender passes for each port. So, you may already have them when you get to your cabin.

If not, I don't think it will be a problem if you explain the situation to the pursers desk.

Lighthouse - with only 600 passengers on the ship, you don't really need to worry about priority tendering. Hang back until the ship excursions get off and then you can practically walk onto the tenders. Things are pretty laid back on the TP and we've never used our priorty tickets on it. Never had to worry about it. Do be sure that you let crew members know about the limited mobiilty issue so that they can offer extra assistance.

When we traveled on the Grand, we had friends that were in a mini (we were in an OS). We went to the priority tendering podium and asked if we could get five tickets and they were happy to oblige. NorCal guy is absolutely right - demanding is not the way to go. The crew wants you happy and will do all they can to make things happen for you, but I don't think you really have to sweat it on the TP.

The OS is wonderful and huge! If you'd like photos, e mail me at charliekirby@comcast.net and I'll be happy to share.

Charlie

We had no luck with this on the coral princes...even though I asked very nicely. I did not push the issue at all, as this was not a big deal for us. The tendering process was very efficient anyways, and we really had no wait. I would imagine that on a smaller ship such as the tp this would be the case as well.

Thanks for clearing that up, Toto. Don't want to put back information out there.

But I will add, it sure would be nice if they did still have them. The prices for the full suites onboard the TP deserve something besides full meal service and a larger room. I still miss having a butler in a suite. :( :(

Archived