25 lbs. by April on WW??

pmoniz

dontstayathome - You're right! Thanks for that!!

Pmoniz, don't give up. I've been on WW for a couple of years now and it does work long term. I've lost a total of 25lbs total and have maintained it. Sometimes we hit the dreaded plateau though. When that happens you have to shake things up a bit. Try eating something different or try a different workout, work out different time of day, etc. Your body sometimes gets used to the routine so it tries to adjust itself to stop loosing weight (built in famine survival mechanism I guess). If you trick your body once in a while by changing the routine, you will start loosing more again. At least that's what I've been told and it's worked for me. Besides, you're doing great!!! 15 lbs since January!!! That's a huge success...much faster than I tend to loose. I've only lost 5lbs since January...but that's OK. That was taking my 07 holiday weight back off!

Good luck and congrats on your loss so far!!!

Hi all! Not sure why I didn't post here sooner. I'm another April cruiser on WW. I started 1/5 with a goal of losing 22 pounds. I'm happy to say I've lost 16 so far. With 6 weeks left, I think I should be able to do it or at least be VERY close. I started with core, but found it too limiting and switched to flex...I love this plan! I don't attend meetings or do it online. Both parents are lifetime members (Dad just attained this in November) that gave me their materials. They started in May 07, and Dad lost 40 pounds; Mom's lost 33 and has about 12 to go. I'm extremely motivated to get this weight off. Once I hit my goal, I'll be able to go shopping. Trying on clothes will be fun again!

I've always been thin (size 2/4 depending on brand/style), but work travels, leading to less exercise and lots of restaurant meals, got in the way. Thankfully, work travel tailed off at the beginning of the year and I was able to get back in the good habits. It's going to start picking up again, but now that I've lost weight, I'm going to be SOOO careful, and I'm going to make sure I use the hotel gyms!

Good Morning Everyone! I am Kathy and am also a WW member. I do it online, plus sometimes go to meetings in between kids hockey games. I live way north in northwestern ontario. I am trying to lose 20 in total, with 10 being the goal before our Caribbean Princess cruise April 13th. Six weeks to go, I better get cracking!! I sailed on the Carnival Miracle back in April 05 and loved it!!

This group sounds awesome!! You are all so supportive of each other and lots of tips offered, I hope you don't mind if I join in- I need all the extra help I can get!!

Nellie, I read your recipes that you posted back in early January, and they sound soooo good, I have to try them!

Anyway, just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I will be here often and I have developed a slight addiction to these chat sites ( I'm also on the April 13 CP roll call and can be found on there often. Ha! - then I wonder why I never seem to get anything done around the house!!!

Have a great day, and I'll visit later!

Kathy

LustforLife - Thanks for that boost! It helps a lot. I'm going to try what you said and change things up a bit. I does seem I'm getting into eating the same ole same ole. I guess because I knew I was safe with that. But it's time to change things up like you said!! I do plan on staying on WW even after the cruise in April. It's like you've gone this far you might as well stick to it!! Thank you again and good luck with your weight loss!!

Chigirlcruzin - You're doing great as well!! It's nice to have others in the family help you along. My husband is on WW as well and he's doing great. Already reached his weight goal and is now maintaining! Lucky!!

kelbre - Welcome!! I'm glad you joined us. The people here have been great! It's nice to get helpful tips from others who have the same goal!! I'm cruising on the Miracle in April and can't wait. We've been booked for about a year now, so the excitement is building quick!! Good luck with your weight loss!!

Paula

PMONIZ - Your welcome! At WW's last night our instructor reminded a few people of those words after they had only posted a pound or so weight loss! There were about 25 of us there and together we lost 43lbs. which I thought was pretty good! (BTW: I lost 1.8 this week and I was thrilled! Slow but sure!):)

Good Morning!! Hope everyone is doing well out there. Congrats on your losses, slow and steady is the key!! I didn't make it to weigh in this week as we had back to back hockey. I did go shopping yesterday and found a skirt I liked, tried it in the size I thought I should get and ended up getting a size smaller!! yipee! I can tell I;m going VERRRYYYY slowly, but every little bit helps. Now I did do something that I;m not sure if was a good idea. I have some shorts and capri that I'm trying to fit into before the cruise (6 weeks away). I found yesterday a few basics (shorts and capris) while shopping that fit me now, still down a size from what I was about a month ago. So I grabbed them because they were all really comfortable and fit well. I guess I'm worried that by the time we leave I still won't fit into my other stuff, so now at least I know I will have bottoms to bring with me. I;m hoping that after we return and with summer coming, I can fit into the other stuff by then.

One neat thing I discovered last week was a minimizer bra!!! I am fairly large chested but on the petite side, so I feel very self concious when I wear tops. So last week, a clerk at my Walmart (one of our only stores btw!!!!) showed me a minimizer bra. Wholly Cow!!!, I put it on and kept it on, and what a difference with shirts now!! It's amazing how one little item, can boost your confidence!!! Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you!

Well, hope everyone does well today, I will check in later!

take care,

Kathy

dontstayathome - Congrats on your loss!! You're right slow and steady. As long as it's a loss and not a gain it's good, right!! That's what I have to keep saying to myself.

Kathy - I find myself doing the same thing with clothes too!! I bought a ton of stuff for the cruise at the end of last summer and they were a little on the tight side. I tried them on the other day and they fit great now! So I'm glad about that. It's funny you mentioned that minimizer bra - someone else was just talking about it to me the other day. I'll have to check it out next time I'm at Walmart - which I'm there like every other day practically!! :)

Have a great weekend all!! Keep up the good work!

Paula

Hello everyone!! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!

Nellie, I tried that grilled Italian sandwich, I used little turkey pepperettes, part skim mozza and whole wheat bread, OMG!!! it was soooo goood !!! We don;t have hormel here in our stores but I improvised and it still worked. I sure wish we could get a lot of the brands that you guys get down in the US. Oh well, you make do with what you have I guess.

Now, I have to be good this afternoon, as we are getting Dominoes for dinner. They just opened up here about 2 weeks ago. I know that we will be good customers, I will just have to be really careful about planning ahead, so I can still enjoy it!!!

Well, gonna run , talk later! Have a good day!!!

Kathy

Hi all! Just found this tread. I'm new to the cruisin' thing--just booked our 1st cruise for April 2009 (15th anniv). I started WW in the fall, lost 15 but gained back over the holidays. I am now at 10.5 and want to lose 40 more by next April. That will put me at what I was b4 kids (11 yrs ago). Haven't read all the posts but did find the recipes. THANKS SO MUCH! They sound awesome. It is a bit tough for me as hubby is not on WW (doesn't like to be told what to do/eat etc) and kids (well you know!). I am trying to have healthy stuff here for all of us but find temptation really high. I gave up cookies and candies for Lent (since that is what we usually have around) and so far haven't cheated. Exercise is a struggle--the ortho thinks I have a torn miniscus-I go for MRI on Weds. When I exercise it's fine but after really hurts. Trying to do what I can and take it ODAAT. Thanks for letting me vent. Going now to read all previous posts. have a good weekend all! Maggie

Hello everyone!! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!

Nellie, I tried that grilled Italian sandwich, I used little turkey pepperettes, part skim mozza and whole wheat bread, OMG!!! it was soooo goood !!! We don;t have hormel here in our stores but I improvised and it still worked. I sure wish we could get a lot of the brands that you guys get down in the US. Oh well, you make do with what you have I guess.

Now, I have to be good this afternoon, as we are getting Dominoes for dinner. They just opened up here about 2 weeks ago. I know that we will be good customers, I will just have to be really careful about planning ahead, so I can still enjoy it!!!

Well, gonna run , talk later! Have a good day!!!

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Try having them do thin crust, extra veggies half cheese. Not exactly the same but good for you.

Hi Maggie ! Welcome to the site! Yes, we usually do get the thin crust but we don't do so great in the veggie dept!

I so totally hear you about having a hubbie that doesn;t like to be told what to do/eat!! Mine need to lose about 50, but just doesn;t seem to have the drive, and yet his doctor put him on a heart and stroke study as his blood pressure was a little high. HIs blood pressure seems good right now but we have had our elipitcal machine for two weeks or so and he used it for 5 mins. when we set it up. Says when he comes home after work at night that is the last thing he wants to do. He is usually gone to work by 4:00 am, ( he is self-employed in logging) and home by 7:00 ish at night. I have decided that he just needs to get there on his own and I will get myself on track and get the kids to eat heathier even though we are all pickey!!!

talk to you all later,

Kathy

Well, I have 14 points left for pizza tonight! I should be able to enjoy without going overboard. I always do thin crust, and my sister doesn't like veggies:rolleyes: , so we're doing a cheese and sausage thin crust. This will be my biggest "splurge" since I started this.

It's funny, I "only" lost a pount this week (which I'm thrilled with), but I look and feel so much thinner. It's like my body "caught up" with the weight I've lost. I'm actually one pound away from my original goal. I revised it to be an additional 5 pounds so that I can be at my driver's license goal. Plus, I haven't had kids, I'm only 31, so it's still a realistic weight for me!

PS Does anybody else find it funny that the "Lose Before You Cruise" board is under "Fun Stuff"?

Hi Chigirl! Congrats on the loss, a pound is awesome and you are almost at goal, yay! My scale hasn't moved too much, I am at 151.5 and goal is 130, however, I know once I get working out more, and weight training, that muscle weighs more than fat. I do feel even though I've only lost a couple in total, I do feel a little more toned up in the middle.

What do you guys recommend for my elipital time wise. I have been aiming for 30 mins 4 times a week plus going to my local curves and doing just the toning machines for half hour.

Also, how many of you use up all your extra 35 flex points?? I had been relying on them too much, so now just trying to use my 23 regular points for the day, then using a few extra flex here and there.

thanks,

Kathy

Hi Kathy! Are you sure we're not married to the same man?!?!?!? Yours sounds just like mine (except mine doesn't see 4am!) He gets out to work early and home late. Your successes will be my inspiration to help the kids and me get healthier!!

I am bad at using all my 35 points. My biggest struggle is the weekends (going out, running and eating on the fly etc)and when everyone is home. Seems easier to stay "good" when they are off to work & school.

Chigirl: Congrats on being so close to goal!!!! Keep up the great work!

Thanks for all the support. Enjoy your pizza everyone!

KELBRE: I don't know how many others will chime into this but I never use my 35 pts. and neither does my friend who I'm doing WW with. We have found that if we try and use them we lose NOTHING that week. I do, however; go out to dinner one night during the weekend and have something I haven't made that week (i.e. baked fish, large salad w. light dressing, grilled chicken) and I really enjoy that.

I actually eat quite a bit. I'm at 19 points, plus 4 for workout points (I usually earn 7 or 8 a day, but my mom's WW leader said you should take no more than 4 a day for food). Anyway, I stalled out on my weight loss because I wasn't taking the workout points. When I started eating those, I started losing again. I also use 10-15 of the flex points. It's working for me. In fact, I'm down another pound for 17 pounds total! 5 more to go!

OK, I'm going to brag a bit. My sister and I went shopping today. I tried on this really cute jumpsuit that I will be bringing on my cruise in 6 weeks. I first tried on a 4, and it looked great, but I wanted to try the 6. Both the saleswoman and my sister said I didn't need to go up a size, but the saleswoman got me a six. While I was trying on the 6, I hear my sister tell the saleswoman that I just lost weight and I now think I'm bigger than I am. They convinced me to stick with the 4. My sister, who has been kind of ho hum about my weight loss because she's gaining weight with her pregnancy, said, "Leslie, you look GOOD. You're motivating me to get the weight off after Little Dude is born." I ended up getting the jumpsuit, a dress for formal night, a pair of black satin pants, a pair of wool pants for work, and 2 blouses.

After shopping, I went to the gym. There, I had two ladies compliment me on how I look! It was a good day!

I post this because I'm excited, but also because you need to stick to it. I stalled out for four weeks and wondered why I even bothered. But then I changed things up a bit, and the weight is coming off.

Off to try a pork tenderloin recipe - 4 pounts a serving. If it's good, I'll post it.

Good goin Chigirl! Did you enjoy your pizza last night, mine was very yummy! Sounds like you had fun shopping!! I don't think I'll ever fit into a 6 or 4 but I'd be happy to get to 8 (the skirt that I got last week).

I definately need some motivation, today was not a good day in the eating dept. I made banana bread yesterday, then today, had a bag of chip, a french van. capp. at hockey, one little piece of birthday cake at a party my son went to. YIKES!!!! However, I did make yummy chicken in the slow cooker, take frozen chick breasts, (4 small) added one can of low fat cr of chick soup half can water, and half envelope of onion soup mix and cook on low 8 to 10 hours, soooo good and low fat too!!

I am kind of dreading weigh in on Tuesday, but I guess if it's bad, it will motivate me right??

Thanks for letting me vent!

talk soon!

Kathy

Kathy,

Hang in there! You can do it!

The pork tenderloin was great! Here's the recipe - 4 points per 1/4 pound serving.

2 3/4 pound pork tenderloins

1 tbsp 1% buttermilk

3 tbsp dijon mustard

2 tsp fresh thyme

1 tsp fresh ground pepper

1/2 tsp salt

2/3 cup bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 425. Tie the two pork tenderloins together. Mix the buttermilk, mustard, thyme, pepper, and salt in a bowl. Coat the tenderloins with this mixture. Spread the bread crumbs over the tenderloins. Bake at 425 for 60 minutes.

I almost did not open this subject, but I am sooooo glad I did.:D

I have been on WW before, but now I know I have to go back. I want to loose 25lbs by June, I know I can do it. With the help of you wondeful people here.

Those recipies look scrumptious. I also want to cut out the bread,sugar,flour and so on.

It has been a while and I have a question....eggs, such great protein, can I have two of them with some canadian bacan for breakfast? I have to go look up the points, but that will stay with me much longer than the oatmeal.

WOO HOO, happy to be back on WW!!!!!!!!

Hi Tatianablue. Good luck...you're right, you CAN do it!

Are you doing core or flex? If you're doing either program, there's no problem having the eggs and canadian bacon. However, if you're doing flex, I use Eggbeaters to save some points (2 points for a 2 egg equivalent vs 4 points for 2 eggs).

Kathy - I know I'm a little late on this one, but I love Dominos thin crust pizza with tons of veggies. Haven't had it since WW, but eventually!! Hope you enjoyed it. I wanted to tell you too - you had asked about using the points - I chatted with someone from WW and they told me by not using all your points and some of your flex points that you are not using the program properly. I've been stuck for the past 3 weeks - very frustrating - and this is what they told me. She said use all the points, plus whatever points you have for workouts and also the flex points. You don't have to use all of them but if you dip into them it's not cheating! Chigirl is right. You have to change things up a bit to get back on track! I've started doing that this week so we'll see what happens! I have 13 lbs. to go and time is ticking!!

Speaking of Chigirl - Good for you!!!! That's awesome!! I'll never see 6 - I'm sure - but good for you!! You should be very proud!! I'm sure it helped to hear your sister say that. Keep up the great work!

Tatianablue - Welcome!! I was going to suggest the eggbeaters as well. They're great!

Hello everyone! Hope things are going well. It's been a little hectic around here, I've been dispensing medicine and tylenol to my daughter today, I had her up at our emerg dept. last night and she has phenonia in both lungs! She seems a little better late this afternoon after some drugs have kicked in.

I did weigh myself today, and I really hope my scale is the same at the meeting, if I can go tonight! Have to see what time my hubbie gets home. If my scale is the same I lost 2 and 1/2! I guess we'll have to see! Talk to you all later, gotta run and get supper!

Kathy

Hey! I don't remember who posted the Graham Cracker and cool whip make beleive ice cream sandwhich thing but I would like to say...YUMMMMMMMMMMMM and thanks. Good fake out. I am getting back on track and will do another weigh in Monday. I only have 38 days until my cruise so it's cruch time. i was trying for 20 but I'll be happy with 10-12 at this point!.

Me again! Well, hubbie didn't make it in time for me to go weigh in, but just weighed at home here and down 2 in two weeks! I'll take it!

Hubbie had a dr' s appt today and I thought his dr would tell him more strongly to get the weight off, but he just told him to still try to lose 50 and see him next year for his yearly driver's medical. I guess I was kind of hoping his doctor would scare the !!## out of him. I gently reminded him that the eliptical machine would like to meet him!

Well, gotta run and go sign up for kids soccer, kind of early for us, given that it is -20 and snowing like crazy! I guess we have to remember spring is out there somewhere!!

talk to you all soon!

Kathy

Chigirl, thanks for the support!

I am living in very stressful times, trying to take care of everyone else and barely having time for myself. I have not even exercised or stretched this week.

I hope to get some mental control soon, and if the only way I can get time for myself is to wake up extra early to walk, then I guess that is what will happen.

I am so very uncomfortable in my clothes, I feel so fat all of the time. I hope that someday I can find the same success that you have! I am inspired!!!

I am doing the flex, I think I will attend my first meeting {again} this week.

You are all so wonderful and thanks for posting recipies, a huge help!!!!!!!!!

Archived