25 lbs. by April on WW??

pmoniz

Hoping to lose 25 lbs. by April using WW. I've joined on line and all though it seems pretty easy, I never really know what the heck to eat. I've bought all kinds of WW products so hopefully that will help me get started. I'm not a big junk food eater and I don't drink soda. Coffee and water is about it for me.

We've decided to walk 3 nights a week - 5 miles each night. Hopefully that will help as well??

Any suggestions or help from anyone out there would be truly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Paula

Hi Paula! You can definitely lose 25 lbs by April with WW. Walking is going to really help you also...good move! I suggest that you watch your "whites" along with your WW points. No sugar, white flour, white pasta, white rice, etc. Use whole wheat bread, pasta and brown rice. Eat fruits and veggies to fill you up. Eat lean meats. For dinner each night, I don't have a starch. I eat a lean meat and two kinds of veggies. If you crave chocolate, eat sugar-free, fat-free Jell-o pudding. ;) I also eat 5 small meals a day, which keeps my metabolism going. Good luck! :D

Hi Sheila - Thanks a bunch. I'm new at this whole WW stuff and never really sure what the heck to eat to diet so thanks for the help. I've already stocked up on whole wheat pasta and brown rice. I've also bought WW whole wheat bread. I'm not a big fruit person but love veggies. I only drink water and don't use sugar in my coffee so I'm happy with all that right now!! What do you usually eat for your 5 small meals? I've been eating Weight Control Oatmeal for breakfast but not sure what else to eat for breakfast.

Thanks for your help!

Paula, this is just a sample menu:

1st Breakfast: Weight Control Oatmeal with 1/2 cup milk

2nd Breakfast: Banana or 1 hard-boiled egg

1st Lunch: Natural peanut butter and sugar-free jelly sandwich (whole wheat bread), 1 cup milk, V-8 (low sodium)

2nd Lunch: Protein Shake or Yogurt

Dinner: Chicken breast, broccoli, lima beans (counts as a starch...if I do eat starch, I eat a veggie starch like this or peas)

Dessert: caffeine-free coffee with some sugar-free chocolate coffee syrup, Splenda and a splash of fat-free half & half OR a low carb, fat-free hot chocolate

The 2nd breakfast & 2nd lunch could be classified as snacks, but to make my trainer happy, I call them 2nd. It also makes me think of the Hobbits because they always ate two breakfasts and two lunches, LOL.

Thanks for your help, Sheila!! Every bit helps! I think I can handle doing something like that. Going to kick into gear with this whole thing on Monday. We'll be doing our first 5 mile walk of the week and going grocery shopping on Sunday for all my "diet" food!!

Thanks again,

Paula

Hi, Paula,

I too am in WW. In addition to what has been suggested, I like to have the WW Amaretto Cheesecake yogurt for breakfast, 1/2 portion with 1/2 c. Fiber One. It is very high in fiber, so it is 0 points. It is very filling. Our leader says it counts as a point although it comes out as a 0. (If not filling, you can add another portion or have an apple.)

For lunch I like to make wraps with extremely low carb tortillas (low cal +high fiber) with turkey, lettuce, tomato, and red onion. (Mustard and hot sauce for dressing.)This is very low in points, so it is ok to have a couple!

In general we have lots of vegetables and lots of exercise.

For snacks there are some 100 calorie snacks like Cheezits or 100 calorie Kettlecorn.

If you haven't been walking, you might try to do shorter walks each day and build up gradually.

I hope this will help. Let us know how you do!

Kathy

Kathy, thanks for the info. I'm not a huge fan of yogurt but I did buy a few WW brand and I'm going to give them a try. One that I bought was the Amaretto Cheesecake. I'll have to look for those 100 calorie snacks. This is the week that we kick off our weight loss so keep your fingers crossed. We'll be walking three times a week so I'm hoping that helps.

I will keep you posted. Thank you for the support. Keep it coming!!

Thanks all!!

Hi, Paula,

Sounds like you are getting things lined up and also getting information from fellow Weight Watchers. Support really helps! It also helps to have many changing choices. Vive Kettlecorn and Amaretto Cheesecake yogurt!!

Have fun with this!

KC, thank you. I really want this to work. I've been wanting to lose some lbs. for some time now and with the cruise around the corner it's a must!! The help here is wonderful!

I've been looking for that kettlecorn in our local supermarkets and can't find it!!! I will keep searching though.

Thanks for all the help!

I don't know how well this is going to post, but these are some great recipes that are helping us stay on-line for our cruise in April!!! WOOHOOOO!

GOOD LUCK!

Nellie

Chicken Paprikash

2 teaspoons oil

1 lb chicken breast cut in bite-size pieces

1 cup sliced onions

2 tablespoons paprika (preferably Hungarian, mild or hot)

2 garlic cloves, minced

1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

3/4 cup chicken broth

2 tablespoons white wine vinegar

1 tablespoon tomato puree

2 teaspoons all-purpose flour

1/2 cup nonfat sour cream

In large skillet, heat oil; add chicken. Cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.

To same skillet, add onions; cook, stirring frequently, 4-5 minutes, until onions are lightly browned. Reduce heat to low; add paprika and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Stir in thyme, salt and pepper.

In small bowl, with wire whisk, combine broth, vinegar, tomato puree and flour, blending until flour is dissolved; strain and add to onion mixture.

Continuing to stir with whisk, bring liquid to a boil over high heat; add reserved chicken.

Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes, basting chicken occasionally with pan juices, until chicken is cooked through. With wire whisk, blend sour cream into pan juices.

SERVES: 4 POINTS: 5

Serve with: 3 points

1/2 C. cooked Egg noodles : 2 points

C. mixed salad w/FF Italian Dressing: 0 points

1 sm apple sliced: 1 point

DINNER TOTAL: 8 POINTS

Chicken and Red Chili Tamales

1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces

1 small onion, peeled and left whole

6 garlic cloves, minced

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon vegetable oil

1 small onion, chopped

1 dried ancho chili, stemmed and seeded

1 cup water

1 plum tomato, chopped

1 tablespoon raisins

1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

2 whole cloves

About 20 dried corn husks

3/4 cup masa harina

1 tablespoon vegetable shortening

To prepare the filling: combine the chicken, the whole onion, one of the garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and enough water to barely cover the chicken in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Discard the onion. With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a plate. Reserve the broth and set aside. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, thinly slice or shred, moisten with a little of the reserved broth and set aside.

Heat a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Swirl in the oil, then add the chopped onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add the remaining garlic cloves and the chili; cook until the garlic is golden and the chili is toasted, about 3 minutes. Add the water, tomato, raisins, almonds, cinnamon, cloves and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are blended, about 15 minutes. Discard the cloves.

Puree the mixture in batches in a food processor or blender; return to the saucepan and add the chicken. Simmer over medium heat until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.

Combine the corn husks and enough hot water to cover in a large bowl. Soak, turning occasionally, until pliable, about 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, to prepare the masa dough, with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the masa harina, shortening and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt until mixture comes together. Add 3/4 of the reserved broth; beat on low speed until light and spongy, about 5 minutes. Cover and refrigerate the dough about 20 minutes.

Drain and rinse the corn husks; keep covered with a damp towel. Cut 2 or 3 of the husks lengthwise into 16 (1/4-inch wide) strips, set aside.

Flatten a corn husk on a work surface; spread 2 tablespoons dough over the husk, leaving a 3/4-inch margin on all sides. Spoon 11/2 tablespoons filling on top of the dough. Roll up lengthwise into a cylinder; secure each end by tying with a strip of husk. Repeat with the remaining husks, dough and filling, making a total of 16 tamales.

Place tamales in a steamer basket; set in a saucepan over 1 inch of boiling water. Cover tightly; reduce the heat to low and steam until very hot, about 45 minutes.

SERVES: 4 (4 tamales each) POINTS: 5

Serve with: 0 points

Fat Free Sour Cream

Salsa

Diced Tomatoes and Shredded Lettuce

DINNER TOTAL: 5 POINTS

Italian Grilled Cheese

2 slices Wonder Light bread

2 T. Spaghetti sauce

4 slices Hormel turkey pepperoni (I tear them in half to give me eight half slices)

1/3 c. Kraft Fat Free mozzarella cheese

1 T Parmesan

Italian spices

Salt & pepper to taste

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray

Preheat oven to 375. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray, then spray the outer sides of the bread with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Spread 1 T of the sauce on the bread. Layer cheeses & pepperoni on the bread, then sprinkle with Italian spices and salt & pepper. Top with the other 1 T of sauce and other slice of bread. Bake for 5 minutes, then flip over and bake for another 3. Check for doneness & serve.

SERVES: 1 POINTS: 3.5

Garden Vegetable Soup

2/3 C. Sliced Carrots

1 Onion Diced

2 Garlic Cloves, minced

3 C Broth (beef, chicken, or veggie)

½ Cabbage diced

1 Zucchini diced

1 bag assorted Frozen Veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, peas, carrots, etc.)

1 sm. Can Tomato Paste

½ tsp. Basil

¼ tsp. Oregano

¼ tsp Salt

1.In large saucepan, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, saute the carrot, onion, and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. 2. Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt; bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until beans are tender. 3. Stir in zucchini and heat 3 - 4 minutes. Serve hot.

SERVING: 1.5 C. POINTS: .5

1 C. mixed salad w/FF Italian Dressing: 0 points

DINNER TOTAL: 4 POINTS

Pasta with Lemon Cream

15 ounces lowfat ricotta cheese

1 teaspoon grated lemon rind

1 teaspoon nutmeg

4 cups cooked pasta

dash salt

Empty ricotta into blender or food processor, using the steel blade. Add salt. Process until all graininess disappears and ricotta has the texture of thick whipped cream. Flavor the mixture with lemon peel and nutmeg. Store in refrigerator. Drain the hot cooked pasta, then immediately return it to the saucepan it was cooked

in. Add the whipped ricotta. Toss until pasta is well coated with the sauce. Garnish with parmesan and parsley.

SERVES: 4 POINTS: 6

Garlic Bread

2 slices Wonder Light Bread

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray

Garlic powder/salt/Parsley

Preheat oven to 375. Spray both sides of the bread with the butter spray. Sprinkle garlic

powder and salt on both sides, then top one side of each slice with parsley flakes.

Bake until your desired level of crispiness is reached. Please note that the bread will

NOT brown like regular garlic bread with butter does; it will just get crispy, so be careful

how long you cook it

SERVES: 2 POINTS: .5

Serve with: 1 points

1 bowl of WW veggie soup on-hand: 0 points

1 C. mixed salad w/FF Italian Dressing: 0 points

1 C. Melon: 1 point

DINNER TOTAL: 7.5 POINTS

Vegetarian Peanut Pasta

½ cup reduced-fat peanut butter

1/3 cup water

3 tablespoons brown sugar

3 tablespoons rice vinegar

3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce

½ teaspoon crushed red pepper -- or to taste

8 ounces spaghetti -- uncooked

10 ounces fresh snow peas -- trimmed

1 large carrot – shredded

1 bunch green onion chopped (use to garnish)

Combine first 6 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil, stirring often. Remove from heat and set sauce aside. While sauce cooks, cook pasta according to directions, omitting salt and fat;

add snow peas to pasta the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and place in a large serving bowl. Add carrots and sauce, tossing to coat. Top with green onion.

SERVES: 6 POINTS: 5

Fruit Parfait

½ C. Vanilla Yogurt

½ C. Berries

1.5 Tbs. Granola (low Fat)

In a glass, layer Granola, Berries, and Yogurt.

SERVES: 1 POINTS: 2

DINNER TOTAL: 7 POINTS

Spaghetti With Smothered Onions

1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

2 large sweet onions -- quartered and cut into thin wedges

2 cloves garlic -- minced

½ cup nonfat chicken broth -- low or reduced sodium

½ teaspoon dried thyme

1/8 teaspoon pepper

8 ounces spaghetti

1 ½ cups frozen peas -- thawed

½ cup nonfat cheese – shredded (mozerella, swiss, cheddar, whatever)

¼ cup parsley -- chopped

salt and pepper -- to taste

In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and toss to coat with oil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are very tender and a deep golden color, about 20 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, thyme and pepper.Meanwhile, in a large saucepan filled with boiling water, cook pasta, without adding salt or oil, until tender, but still firm, 7 - minutes; drain.Place pasta in a large bowl. Add peas and browned onions; toss to combine. Add cheese and parsley and toss again. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.

SERVES: 4 POINTS: 7

Serve with: 1 points

1 C. mixed salad w/FF Italian dressing: 0 points

1 Sm Apple Sliced: 1 point

DINNER TOTAL: 8 POINTS

Broccoli Mashed Potatoes

2 small baking potatoes -- 1/2 lb, unpeeled and quartered

1 teaspoon Butter Buds® -- or your brand

3 cups fresh broccoli florets -- and stalks

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 medium onion -- chopped

3 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese -- from 8 oz tub

Garlic salt and Pepper to taste

Place potatoes in large saucepan; add water until 2 inches above potatoes. Bring to a boil.

Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add broccoli and onion. Return to a boil over high

heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Drain well. In food

processor bowl with metal blade or in large bowl with electric mixer, combine well drained vegetables and remaining ingredients. Process or beat until smooth. Serve immediately.

SERVES: 3 POINTS: 1

BBQ Chicken

½ C. BBQ Sauce

½ Chicken Breast (3-4 oz)

Cook chicken breast in BBQ sauce until done.

SERVES:2 POINTS: 4

Serve with: 4 points

1 C. mixed salad w/FF Italian dressing: 0 points

1 C. Steamed Veggies: 0 points

1 Orange: 1 point

1 C. Chocolate pudding (sugar free/fat free made w/skim milk stovetop) and FF Whipped Cream: 3 points

DINNER TOTAL: 9 POINTS

Peppered Pork Chops

4 boneless pork loin chops, 3/4-inch thick

2 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/2 teaspoon thyme

2 teaspoons vegetable oil

2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

Coat chops with pepper and thyme. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops, cook to brown on side (2 - 3 minutes); turn to brown other side. Remove chops from pan; keep warm. To deglaze skillet, add Worcestershire sauce to hot pan, stir constantly to remove pan juices cooked to bottom of skillet. Pour accumulated juices over chops and serve immediately

SERVES: 4 POINTS: 4.3

Pineapple Sweet Potato Casserole

3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 medium-large)

2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained

1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

4 tsp butter-flavored sprinkles

1/3 cup chopped pecans or golden raisins (optional)

1 3/4 cups miniature marshmallows

To cook the sweet potatoes in a conventional oven, bake them at 400 degrees

for about 45 minutes, or until tender. To cook in a microwave oven, prick each

potato in several places with a fork, and microwave at high power for about

15 minutes, or until tender. Set aside to cool; then peel and cut into bite-sized

pieces. Place the potato pieces in a large bowl and toss with all of the remaining

ingredients except the marshmallows. Coat a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish with

nonstick cooking spray, and place the sweet potato mixture in the dish. Top with

the marshmallows. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the sweet

potato mixture is bubbly and the top is lightly browned. If the top starts to

brown too quickly, loosely cover the dish with aluminum foil during the

last 10 minutes of baking. Serve hot.

SERVES: 6 POINTS: 5

1 bowl of WW veggie soup on-hand: 0 points

1 C. mixed salad: 0 points

Sugar Free Jell-o and FF Whipped Cream: 0 points

DINNER TOTAL: 9.3 POINTS 

Taco Squares

1 (8 ounce) Can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Rolls 8 ounces

8 oz Ground 90% Lean Turkey or Beef

3/4 Cup Chopped Green Bell Pepper

1/2 Cup Chopped Onion

1 3/4 Cups Hunts Tomato Sauce (15 ounce can)

6 Ounce Red Kidney Beans, drained and slightly mashed (8 ounce can)

1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning

3/4 cup Shredded Kraft Reduced Fat Taco or Cheddar Cheese

Preheat oven to 375º. In a large skillet sprayed with olive-flavored cooking spray, saute meat, green pepper and onion until meat is browned and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add tomato sauce, kidney beans and Taco seasoning. Lower heat and simmer until heated through. Meanwhile, pat crescent rolls in a 9x13 inch cookie sheet sprayed with olive-flavored cooking spray, being sure to seal perforations. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread hot meat mixture over lightly browned crust. Continue baking an additional 10 minutes. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over top and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Let set 2 or 3 minutes before serving. Cut into 6 pieces.

Serves: 6

HINT: 1. Do not use inexpensive crescent rolls; they do not cover the pan properly.

Serve With: 1.5 points

Shredded Lettuce: 0 Points

½ Tomato: 0 points

Salsa: 0 points

Fat Free Sour Cream: 0.5 points

Orange: 1 Point

DINNER TOTAL: 7.5 POINTS

CHILI LIME CHICKEN

1 TBS. veggie oil

2 TBS. all-purpose flour

1/2 tsp. chili powder

1/4 tsp. salt

4 (3oz.) thin-sliced skinless chicken breast (1/4" thick)

1/2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth

2 TBS. fresh lime juice

2 TBS. minced cilantro (optional)

In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. In a large ziplock bag, mix the flour, chili powder, and salt. Add chicken and shake until well coated. Transfer the chicken to the skillet, shaking off any excess flour; saute until cooked through, about 3 mins. on each side. Pour broth and lime juice over the chicken; heat to serving temperature, about 30 seconds. Transfer chicken to plates. Spoon the pan juices over chicken and sprinkle with cilantro.

SERVINGS: 4

Fiesta Rice

1 cup salsa

3/4 cup Minute Rice

1/2 cup water

Mix salsa, rice and water in saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5-10 minutes until rice is tender. Fluff with fork.

SERVES: 4

Serve With: 1.5 points

1 Pear: 1.5 points

2 C. mixed Salad w/FF Italian Dressing: 0 points

DINNER TOTAL: 6 POINTS

Those mashed potato and chili-lime chicken recipes look fab! I'm totally stealing them and trying them out this weekend!

Here's a recipe that I've made in the past - no clue what the WW points would be, but it's yummy and not that bad for you. (I add sweet red pepper to mine so I can have a veggie, and also cook it in the oven since winter in Iowa is not conducive to grilling =)).

Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs (from allrecipes.com)

INGREDIENTS

* 3 tablespoons soy sauce

* 3 tablespoons brown sugar

* 2 tablespoons sherry

* 1 tablespoon sesame oil

* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

* 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 2 inch pieces

* 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained

* skewers

DIRECTIONS

1. In a shallow glass dish, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic powder. Stir the chicken pieces and pineapple into the marinade until well coated. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.

2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.

3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken and pineapple alternately onto skewers. Grill 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until chicken juices run clear.

NUTRITION INFORMATION

Servings Per Recipe: 8

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 203

* Total Fat: 4.2g

* Cholesterol: 61mg

* Sodium: 418mg

* Total Carbs: 17.1g

* Dietary Fiber: 0.6g

* Protein: 23.5g

You can do it! I'm attempting to lose weight without a program, also by April, just by watching what I eat and excersizing, so I know what you're going through! Enjoy your walking time! =)

Nellie,

Thank you sooo much for those recipes they look great. Can't wait to try a few. It's hard sometimes to figure out what to eat so when people share these great ideas it's so helpful.

Jess, your recipe sounds great too. I'll figure out the points in the WW calculator!!

Thank you both again!

Funny - we're all cruising in April! What ship are you all sailing on?

I'm headed to the Southern Carib. on the Carnival Destiny with 5 of my girlfriends. We are SOOOOO excited.

Nellie

P.S. My roommate and I had the Italian Cheese Sandwiches last night for dinner with soup....YUMMO!

Nellie,

Thanks for all the recipes. They look great!! Especially the taco squares.

I will give them to my husband, as he cooks for us. (That is partly why I needed WW. It was all good.):) Luckily he joined WW too. In fact he just told me Happy Anniversary this morning. :confused: What? He said we joined WW one year ago today. (He is into weight loss more than I am, but that helps.)

And Paula,

I have found that our local supermarket will get items we need if their supplier has them, such as the 1 point WW fudgsicles and "Alternative Bagels," which my friend Elyse ordered. I may have found Kettlecorn at Walmart, but it was not with the other 100 calorie snack foods.

We are going on a cruise in April too. We are going to Italy and Croatia on RCI Legend of the Seas leaving Rome on 4/13. What about you?

Hope you are doing well.

Kathy

Kathy, thanks for that tip. I'll find out from our local market if they can get the kettlecorn. I found the fudgicles at Walmart. They are yummy for only 1 pt. I'll have to look in the regular chip isle for the kettlecorn at Walmart maybe it's there?? My huband is the same way. I think he's obsessed with this diet stuff. But that's OK. He's been doing the cooking too. It's great. He's tried 3 recipes so far from WW and now that Nellie shared those other great recipes I've turned them over to him to give a try!!

We are cruising April 23 out of NYC on the Carnival Miracle to the Eastern Carib. for 9 glorious days!! So looking forward to it. This will be my 4th cruise.

Kathy your cruise sounds wonderful. I'm not big on flying so it's probably something I'd never get to experience.

Nellie, I cruised last April with my BF and sister-in-law. We took along my son (16) and my BF's son (16) who also happen to be BF's!! It was great. We had soooo much fun - just the girls! Have a blast!

Hi, Paula,

I believe the kettlecorn at Walmart was with all the other popcorn. Sometimes they have Sunchips near there too, and that is a good snack for something different.

Cliff made vegetable soup yesterday (a favorite), and today he is making Rotisserie Chicken (smells great!).

I had gained back 3-4 pounds over Christmas, and so far I have lost 1.5 pounds. It was hard to get back in the groove, but I think I am getting there.

I am excited about going to Italy. It will be our 15th anniversary the day we land in Rome. It seems incredible.

I bet you will LOVE your Caribbean cruise. It will be so beautiful. My son just returned from one, and he had a great time on Carnival.

How is your walking going? My husband loves walking. He hikes for 3-4 hours a day. We live in Sedona, the red rock country, and there are some fantastic trails. He had some medical problems (got a lecture from his dr. about that, which inspired him to do something!), and he built up gradually. At one point a few years ago he could barely make it around the neighborhood park. What a difference!

I like all the recipes that Nellie sent and the fact that she added side dishes (and their point values).

Take care!

Kathy

Hi, Paula,

I believe the kettlecorn at Walmart was with all the other popcorn. Sometimes they have Sunchips near there too, and that is a good snack for something different.

Cliff made vegetable soup yesterday (a favorite), and today he is making Rotisserie Chicken (smells great!).

I had gained back 3-4 pounds over Christmas, and so far I have lost 1.5 pounds. It was hard to get back in the groove, but I think I am getting there.

I am excited about going to Italy. It will be our 15th anniversary the day we land in Rome. It seems incredible.

I bet you will LOVE your Caribbean cruise. It will be so beautiful. My son just returned from one, and he had a great time on Carnival.

How is your walking going? My husband loves walking. He hikes for 3-4 hours a day. We live in Sedona, the red rock country, and there are some fantastic trails. He had some medical problems (got a lecture from his dr. about that, which inspired him to do something!), and he built up gradually. At one point a few years ago he could barely make it around the neighborhood park. What a difference!

I like all the recipes that Nellie sent and the fact that she added side dishes (and their point values).

Take care!

Kathy

Kathy - I'm going to have to check near the other popcorn at my local Walmart. Thanks for the tip!!

15 years!! Good for you. What a great place to celebrate!! My husband and I are using our cruise to celebrate our 20th anniversary! It's not actually until the end of May, but close enough!! We'll also be celebrating my baby boy's high school graduation!! He'll be graduating in June! Scary!!

Walking is going great. We gossip so much the time seems to fly by. We'll be at it again tonight!! My thighs were screaming for a while, but that's OK!!

PrincessG - welcome!! I'm hoping to lose 25 lbs. by April - I'm keeping my fingers crossed. You'll find a lot of support here - everyone's been great with sharing recipes and things that help them!! Good luck!!

Nellie, yes I am from Sedona. We moved here from CA (along with many others). We made our change two years ago. We too live in the Village, but I don't know Hay Handiman yet.

GG, welcome to our world. WW is a great way to lose weight. Cliff and I were thinking about one of the other programs, and a nurse suggested it based on its success rate. Have you been to a meeting yet? We have one lady in our group who has lost over 70 #. Let us know how you do at weigh in!

Paula, twenty years is commendable!! And congrats will be in order for your son on his graduation too. I hope he is studying hard;). Can't tell much from your pic, but I think you do look like a serious walker!

Kathy - I'm going to have to check near the other popcorn at my local Walmart. Thanks for the tip!!

15 years!! Good for you. What a great place to celebrate!! My husband and I are using our cruise to celebrate our 20th anniversary! It's not actually until the end of May, but close enough!! We'll also be celebrating my baby boy's high school graduation!! He'll be graduating in June! Scary!!

Walking is going great. We gossip so much the time seems to fly by. We'll be at it again tonight!! My thighs were screaming for a while, but that's OK!!

PrincessG - welcome!! I'm hoping to lose 25 lbs. by April - I'm keeping my fingers crossed. You'll find a lot of support here - everyone's been great with sharing recipes and things that help them!! Good luck!!

thank you for the welcome. My first weigh in is Sunday and i will let you all know how mu first week went

Nellie, yes I am from Sedona. We moved here from CA (along with many others). We made our change two years ago. We too live in the Village, but I don't know Hay Handiman yet.

GG, welcome to our world. WW is a great way to lose weight. Cliff and I were thinking about one of the other programs, and a nurse suggested it based on its success rate. Have you been to a meeting yet? We have one lady in our group who has lost over 70 #. Let us know how you do at weigh in!

Paula, twenty years is commendable!! And congrats will be in order for your son on his graduation too. I hope he is studying hard;). Can't tell much from your pic, but I think you do look like a serious walker!

im actually doing the WW online - so i havent been to a meeting. I like the online as you track everything and they even give you a tracker on line. I know so many people that have been successful on this. So im hoping i will be too. I will let you know on sunday how my weigh in goes!!! :)

Archived