25 lbs. by April on WW??

pmoniz

Good Morning All! Hope everyone is doing well out there!

Tatianablue, you have picked a great place to come for motivation and inspiration, and also, carving out some time for just yourself, even if you have to wake up earlier and do some stretching or exercises is important! I have learned over the last couple years that even though we look after everyone else, we also have to make a commitment to ourselves because we deserve it!! You can do it, one step at a time!!

take care everyone and I'll be back later!

Kathy

Ok everybody. The weekend is here and NO CHEATING! (I'm really yelling at myself but I figure someone else my need a good talkin' too!)

Hope everyone does good! Excecise, keep busy, stay away from the kitchen! Good Luck!

Good Morning Everyone! I agree with LOWTYD, , let's make this a successful weekend!

One thing I noticed this week, is that my daughter was home with me all week with her phenomnia and I guess in tending to her and putsing around the house, I was hardly snacking. I only went out of the house a few times, just to get a few groceries and pick up Brendan from school.

When they are both at school and I'm at home, which is most of the week except Mondays, ( work) I have a hard time staying focused and not going into the pantry. Maybe having someone else in the house with me, kept me focused more, I don't know. Just thought I'd share that with you all!

I am now headed to the basement, I have found some neat organizing web-sites that now share my time along with this one and the cp roll call. I have learned some interesting things. Have any of you read the book by Peter Walsh called "Does this Clutter make my butt look fat?" I am half way through, and have learned lots about the amount of clutter yu have and weight gain.

Well wish me luck in the organizing dept! Hopefully, it will help keep me out of the pantry! Have a good day everyone!!

talk to you later,

kathy

Good Morning! Well, before I go any further, I must confess, I was shopping at Walmart, my first kidless adventure of the week other than soccer regist. I was leisurely strolling the isles near where the Ruffles Chips are and low and behold, they just jumped into my cart!!! And no, they weren't even the low fat ones (we don't have those kind yet), they were the baadddd ones! (but taste soooo good) Well, to make a long story short, when I got home, while making homemade pizza , I ate more than a few. But at least when I was done, I put the bag in the pantry way up high, so I have to really stretch to get it and haven't had any since!

I guess we all haave those days! I just had to share that with you!

Hope you all have a good day and we'll check in later!

Kathy

Hey Chigirl! Way to go on your 2 lb loss! I'm going to try and go weigh in at the meeting, I haven't been for a couple of weeks. Haven't even checked the scale in the last couple of days, so I guess we'll see!

I can't believe how fast these cruises are coming up, I also sail on the 13th on the Caribbean Princess. I would really like to be going now, but at least the weather is smartening up this way, we hit 0 today!

Ugh, you've warmed up to 0? Wow, I thought it was rough here! Or is it 0 Celsius (I have no idea if I spelled that right). If it is, we're in roughly the same boat.

I meant to say, don't worry about the potato chips. You have to live a little! I have a small piece of cake (3 bites worth) at my sister's baby shower this past weekend. That's what the 35 flex points are for!

We almost booked the Caribbean Princess, but the Valor won out because of itinerary - I just did eastern in October.

Ugh, you've warmed up to 0? Wow, I thought it was rough here! Or is it 0 Celsius (I have no idea if I spelled that right). If it is, we're in roughly the same boat.

I meant to say, don't worry about the potato chips. You have to live a little! I have a small piece of cake (3 bites worth) at my sister's baby shower this past weekend. That's what the 35 flex points are for!

We almost booked the Caribbean Princess, but the Valor won out because of itinerary - I just did eastern in October.

Hi Everyone!!

Kathy, don't stress over the chips. A few aren't going to ruin it for you. Have you tried the Ruffles cheddar & sour cream light chips or the Pringles light? They're yummy and you can have like 15 of them for 1 point or something! It satisfies the fix!

Chigirlcruzin - Good for you on your 19 lb. total loss so far!! That's great. I know times ticking for my cruise too and I'm afraid I'm not going to make my wishful weight! But I'm going to keep trying. I haven't come this far to give up now. My husband and I have decided that we're going to stick to it after the cruise! I'm glad he's in this with me. He's lost a ton of weight already!

I've changed things up a bit with the diet. Trying to eat more fruit and eat all my points every day. So we'll see how I did on the scale. I'll weigh in tomorrow and see what happens. I'm a little nervous! But we'll see.

Keep up the good work everyone!!

Paula

Hi girls, thanks for the encouragement! Paula, how did you get your hubbie to get into the program with you?? I have tried until I beat my head against brick wall to get him to do this with me. I hadn't bought any junk food into the house (until the ruffles episode!ha!ha!), but he will stop at the grocery store and buy cheesies, pepsi, peanuts in the shell, etc. , that wouldn't be so bad if he would learn TWO WORDS - PORTION CONTROL!!!! I think his problem is, is that he uses food as a destresser at the end of a long day (he usually puts in a 12-14 hour day mon to friday) Sorry to vent, I just think that he would have a little more energy or stamina to do stuff if he lost a little of his excess.

I am very envious of those of you out there that have hubbies that are working with you towards your goal weight together. Hopefully, I'll get there someday, but for now maybe I need to stop nagging him!!

Thanks, girls, for listening! talk to you soon!

Kathy

Kathy - I really didn't do anything. I just told my husband that I was going on WW before our cruise and he wanted to drop some pounds before then too - so he joined too! He wasn't a big junk food eater anyway so we really didn't have a ton in our house. Maybe your husband will come around?? Stay positive for your own goals!!

Paula

Tried a little experiment this week......after posting a week or so ago about never using my flex 35 pts. I thought I'd try to use at least some of them and see if by chance I would still lose this week...NOPE! My weigh in was last night and I gained .2 which isn't bad but it's not what I'm used to either. Sooooooo, I'm back to using only my 19 allowed pts. a day and NONE of the 35 flex. Hope you all are having a good week! Stay positive!:p

Hello there! Where is everyone?? Haven't seen any new posts for a while!! Hope all is well with everyone. It has now been about 3 or so weeks since I have been at a meeting, and am really starting to lose motivation. Haven't been on my elipitcal in about 3 weeks either! I really need to get back at everything, but just kind of feeling dumpy about everything . The crazy weather probably doesn't help matters either!

Anyway, take care and I'll check in soon!

Kathy

Kathy, while I've never been to a meeting, my parents say they are very motivational. Get to a meeting asap! With the eliptical, just get on it saying that you're only going to do 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, you'll feel good, and you'll want to keep going. And if not, hey, you did 10 minutes. Just get on it and start with something.

Hello Everyone!!

Kathy - You've got to push yourself back into gear!! The weather does drag you down - it's been horrible here in MA as well. Snowing today!! Lovely! I'm looking forward to getting out into my yard and doing some work - after the cruise of course!! Come on - you can do it!!

Paula

Thanks, girls for your encouragement! I really appreciate it! I know I'm just in a funk and need to get over it, Even the lady that owns the Curves type centre where I had been going, commented at SAfeway today that she hadn't seen me in a while.

Next week, I will get back at it, then once we return from the cruise, back at it again and it should definately be spring by then!!! Three weeks today and we leave!! Yay!

Well gotta run and have lunch, again, thanks for your support! Talk to you later!

Kathy

OK - only 4 weeks to go before my cruise and the weight isn't coming off like I'd like it too! I'm glad that I'm not gaining any, but I'd love to shed a few more before the cruise. Not sure really what the heck to do anymore - except to just keep on doing what I'm doing and see what happens! Maybe I'll try more exercising and see what happens!

Hi,

I went on a hike with Cliff and fell and hurt my back and hip, then had allergies and company, so I missed exerise for around 3 weeks. Now I am getting back in gear...17 days to go, and I want to be back to or below goal weight. I have added a 1 hour walk to exercise (exercise is 5 days) a few days a week. This is ridiculous! I do not want the extra 2-3 pounds. So far I think I am down 1, but there is the AZ cruisers (people from our state like to go on cruises and have a thread here) get together in Mesa this weekend at Macayo's. (Sounds nice, but not low cal:rolleyes:). I will have to be very good :Dthe rest of the time!!

Good luck, everyone!!

Ok, I started off good, wernt sour at Superbowl. Started off good again....Birthday cake......St, Patty's day....Easter......15 days to the cruise. back up to old weight. My fault, no will power and too much goign on to realize I have to slow down and do what's best for me. Trying to please too many people and not take care of myself. Shame on me. Anyway, I got 15 days. I still can loose a few lbs and feel better about myself.

Thanks for all the ideas and recipes along my short stay. I hope everyone gets to where they want to be:) !

Good luck.

Hi all!

I have been on WW for 11 weeks so far and have lost 16-2 lbs. my Mom and Dad are both going and they have lost around 60 lbs each in a little less than a year, Dad is at his goal, Mom has a long way to go...I feel so much better, and it is so easy. I am doing the flex plan, and usually have to figure out what to eat at the end of the day to use all my points! The Blue Bunny or Edy's icecream (1/2 cup is 1 point) really helps. I am also addicted to the hostess cupcakes, they are 100 calories I believe (1pt) and they are even cream filled, they satisfy my chocolate fix. I guess I am just in he right mind set this time. The flex plan lets you decide if something is worth the points! Right now I am off work, I am a Head Start Teachers Assistant, but I have Shingles and I can't be around the kids....I am bored to death, I love my job! My main motivation for starting back to WW was my formal cruise picture last year, it was horrible, this years will be much better! We still have 10 weeks or so to go, I already feel much better and am wearing clothes I have not worn in awhile, it is amazing what just 16 lbs can do! I go to meetings Thursday nights, I have found that the meetings are great motivation. I am so glad I found this thread, I will be visiting here often to get and give tips!

Here is my solution for when I get hungry for pizza:

1 Flat bread or tortilla ( you can find 1 pt ones that are good)

turkey pepperoni (17 slices 1pt. very good taste)\

1/4 cup spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce ( if you look you can find o pt or 1 pt)

1/3 cup of part skim mozz. cheese ( 2 pts)

flat outz tortillas are very big for 1 pt...and my pizza is only about 4.5 pts, and delicious.

My other best find has been Laughing Cow Cheese, it comes in a package of 8 wedges, it is spreadable and 1 pt for wedge. I use it as a spread when I make a wrap for lunch.

OK my post is getting pretty long here, so I will close for now....I am so excited I found this place!

Good luck to everyone

PK

I'm down 20 pounds. I cruise in 2 weeks. My goal was 22 pounds. Still attainable, but I've been the same weight for 3 weeks now. However, I went to wear a pair of pants I wore 3 weeks ago...they were huge! I decided to measure myself. I lost another inch in the chest:( and another 1.5 inches in the hips:D. Waist stayed the same. I guess it makes sense - since I hit this mark I stepped up my workouts - I'm now spending about 10 hours a week in the gym. So, even though the scale reads the same, I've shrunk:)

Archived