Stone Island: Victor's vs. Molokay

sacleonard

For those who have been to both, which do you prefer? And why?

I read more recommendations for Victor's on here, but last year, we went to Molokay for the day. The food was exceptional, we rented ATVs, and our DD greatly enjoyed our corner of the beach.

Is Victor's comparable, or am I missing something even better? I wouldn't mind trying a new place, but we were very happy with Molokay.

Also, how are the amenities at Victor's? Chairs, loungers, umbrellas, etc. How about the bathrooms? Thanks everyone!

Morning,

Victor's out weighs Moloky 5 to one. The food is more than excellent and the prices are great plus the size of the shrimp and the service!!

DH and I only eat at Victor's and after trying the others the food is the best and beach chairs, boogie boards and all the other stuff are free.

Great chips and home made salsa! Yummy

Scruffers

Morning,

Victor's out weighs Moloky 5 to one. The food is more than excellent and the prices are great plus the size of the shrimp and the service!!

DH and I only eat at Victor's and after trying the others the food is the best and beach chairs, boogie boards and all the other stuff are free.

Great chips and home made salsa! Yummy

Scruffers

Thanks... maybe we will try things at Victor's this year. Do they have a vendor-free beach area? Molokay had a small area, but the vendors simply hawked their wares from over the rope areas.

We had a great meal at Victor's on Friday. It was a great day. We ran into Randi and I ended up sitting in the Kitchen chatting with Randi and Victor. Some of our group rented ATVs by Victor's $25 for one hour $50 for two. The garlic shrimp and the coconut shrimp were fab. They also have great chips and salsa.

We drank Pacifico there and didn't see Margaritas anywhere on the menu. I am not a beer drinker but those three!!! Pacificos I drank were wonderful that day :)

Randi and her group sat right beside us and all seemed very nice :) Beach vendors were there in droves :( but a few, "Garcias no", was all that was needed.

I would stick to bottled beer in Mexico rather than drinks made with ice, especially if you're not in a large hotel where you know the water is purified.

Damn it then the last few years of me drinking tap water in PV might be bad?? LOL......I think most of the restaurants especially in coastal tourist cities do use purified water and ice. I know that PV has one of the best water systems in the world.

I have never had a problem in all my times in Mexico. That said, I do drink bottled water usually everywhere but sometimes it just isn't there and the tap is.

All the restaurants use purified water and ice that is not a problem.

If you would like a margarita at Victor's just bring your own tequilla and he or Chris, the waiter there, will make the fixins. Nobody on the Island is allowed to sell hard liquer but there is no law stopping you from bringing your choice. DH and I do everytime we are there.

Scruffers

Slightly off-topic: last year, on Stone Island, we got a ride from the water taxi to the restaurant (and back again). While we will likely have a stroller again, we aren't opposed to stretching our legs.

Do most people pay for the ride? Or walk?

Just curious... thanks!

Victors really has THE most amazing shrimp...garlic and coconut!

Hello Scruffers! I had such a blast on the 9th that I am looking to take lessons here locally in Watsonville!

Mark and Michael are you the same that were also with us on the 9th with the horsies? If so Hello!

Marilyn

The water taxi only takes you to the Island getting to which ever restaurant you want is on you. You can walk or take a cab.

The sand can be quite deep for a stroller.

Scruffers

Thanks. I actually knew that part since I went last year. My question was regarding the distance from the water taxi area to the restaurants. We got a ride to the restaurants, so I don't remember how far away they were.

All the restaurants use purified water and ice that is not a problem.

If you would like a margarita at Victor's just bring your own tequilla and he or Chris, the waiter there, will make the fixins. Nobody on the Island is allowed to sell hard liquer but there is no law stopping you from bringing your choice. DH and I do everytime we are there.

Scruffers

Scruffers-

Are you sure about no hard liquor being sold on Stone Island? Even having never been there that seems hard to believe. Here is a cut/paste from Johann & Sandras website about their Stone Island tour:

Make use of the open bar throughout your stay on the island, choosing from Pina Coladas, Beer, Margaritas, Sex on the Beach, Water and Soft Drinks.

Just back from Mazatlan!! I will try to get my reviews typed up tonite. We had yet another great day at Victor's. Love Love Love this place!! Once again, our day on Stone Island, including our visit at Victor's was the highlight of our week.

Oh how I am wishing I was back in the hammock with Chris delivering an ice cold Pacifico to me. As he said when he handed it to me... "Doesn't get any better than this!"

Hey Tina I have been awaiting your visit to the boards! We had a great day with Randi. I liked my horse Pinto as well. I would like to ask you some questions in private e-mail, if I could, about horseback riding. My e-mail address is the same as my screen name just add at aol.com . Thanks,

Marilyn:D

You people are helping me so much , new port for me

I got directions how to get to stone island

Once you get off the taxi boat will you see where to go from there?

Do they rent towels or do I need to bring some from ship

The ATV do they require long pants and full toe shoes like RC trips do?

any other ideas would be great. all I need is a chair and beer :cool:

but hubs needs more activities

You people are helping me so much , new port for me

I got directions how to get to stone island

Once you get off the taxi boat will you see where to go from there?

Do they rent towels or do I need to bring some from ship

The ATV do they require long pants and full toe shoes like RC trips do?

any other ideas would be great. all I need is a chair and beer :cool:

but hubs needs more activities

Hey Tina I have been awaiting your visit to the boards! We had a great day with Randi. I liked my horse Pinto as well. I would like to ask you some questions in private e-mail, if I could, about horseback riding. My e-mail address is the same as my screen name just add at aol.com . Thanks,

Marilyn:D

Marilyn - I will email you this evening... :)

We too were just on Stone Island. Once off the taxi go straight up the ramp and continue straight you will come to a small gravel hill that leads right on to the beach we walked to Molokay about 7 restaurants down 400 yards. Wife didnt want to walk any further to Victor's, It was cold that day in Mazatlan. We ate at Molokay and had to Coco loco drink which had hard liquor in it. There was also a bar there where I went and got an extra shot of rum in it. No Malibu rum to be had so I had to settle for white Rum. We were going to rent ATV's however the wife was too cold, and wanted to get back. Wife had the best Carne Asada at Molokay and I had garlic shrimp. We are from Phoenix and have pretty good Mexican food, however this was the best ever. I was also craving machaca which was not on the menu, however after talking to the waiter they cooked me up some. yummmm

We too were just on Stone Island. Once off the taxi go straight up the ramp and continue straight you will come to a small gravel hill that leads right on to the beach we walked to Molokay about 7 restaurants down 400 yards. Wife didnt want to walk any further to Victor's, It was cold that day in Mazatlan. We ate at Molokay and had to Coco loco drink which had hard liquor in it. There was also a bar there where I went and got an extra shot of rum in it. No Malibu rum to be had so I had to settle for white Rum. We were going to rent ATV's however the wife was too cold, and wanted to get back. Wife had the best Carne Asada at Molokay and I had garlic shrimp. We are from Phoenix and have pretty good Mexican food, however this was the best ever. I was also craving machaca which was not on the menu, however after talking to the waiter they cooked me up some. yummmm

Hey, what exactly is Machaca? It must be good if you "crave" it?;)

Did you pay for the drinks and food with US dollars or Peso's?

Thnx, connie

Hey, what exactly is Machaca? It must be good if you "crave" it?;)

Did you pay for the drinks and food with US dollars or Peso's?

Thnx, connie

machaca is shreaded beef, usually mixed with onions, greenpeppers, chili peppers and with/wo egg mixed... real real yummy!!! machaca burritos awesome!

Archived