Stone Island: Victor's vs. Molokay

sacleonard

Yummy!! Sounds great. I will have to try it!:) klfhngr...have you ever thought of asking to "buy a vowel":p ;) :D Just Kidding!! Hey, what do you prefer w or w/o egg?

Smiles, Connie

lol!! if its breakfast time, w/egg, if not, then w/o!! i believe that flank steak is used, the same meat used for taquitos... my mother makes the best! come on down!

• 2 weeks later...
We had a great meal at Victor's on Friday. It was a great day. We ran into Randi and I ended up sitting in the Kitchen chatting with Randi and Victor. Some of our group rented ATVs by Victor's $25 for one hour $50 for two. The garlic shrimp and the coconut shrimp were fab. They also have great chips and salsa.

Hey cruisinpatmo, we're looking into doing the exact same thing you did. Hitting up Victor's and renting some ATV's. Can't wait!

It truely is illegal for Moloky or any restaurant to sell hard liquer on the Island. If they get caught, which could happen even tho the owner has clout over there, they will get fined and could do some jail time. I'd be carful about posting that you got hard liquer there unless you were on a catamaran excursion. Then it is OK but not for the restaurant to sell.

Sorry, but that is a fact!

Scruffers

I just about live there on the Island and no matter what you write or what you say, selling hard liquer is ILLEGAL. Bring your own is another thing. That is allowed. Don't be fooled by the post, and the fine is huge about 10,000us plus jail time for the owner and his business being shut down for good.

So there you dare deviles. Go for it if you want but realize even if you are American you are not in America you are in Mexico and under their laws.

Scruffers

Is the Molokay the palapa restaurant up the beach a ways where the cruise tour drops you off? If so, I remember that excursion including an open bar. My DH and I were there in April of 2006 and we got to Stone Island early and had the beach all to ourselves for an hour or so, it was great! I have to add that we are, also, big fans of Victor's. It was highly recommended to us and we hung out there all day. The garlic shrimp is really fantastic, the Pacifico's very cold and the local people are very friendly. We met several, including a local Mayan Medicine Man who gave us a tour of the island that his family founded in the early 1900's. Needless to say, we had a once in a lifetime experience there. We can't wait to go back someday. Oh, and as to the vendors there, they were not bothersome and they were very reasonable compared to town. Not to mention that there were a lot fewer there than Cabo for instance.

• 2 months later...

We've been to both places and I like each. Victors was smaller, food and prices were excellent. We were there with Randi and she did a good job keeing the vendors away. Molokay was larger, very clean restrooms and food was still good. I would have a hard time choosing between either, so I don't think you can go wrong.

Also, how are the amenities at Victor's? Chairs, loungers, umbrellas, etc. How about the bathrooms? Thanks everyone!

We were just there at Victor's this month. The coconut shrimp was excellent.

The bathrooms were very primitive, at least the women's. One toilet, no doors, no ceiling. At least there was toilet paper.

The chairs and tables were all plastic. Not terribly comfortable. Lots of beach vendors walking up and down the table isles.

Will probably try another place when we go back for New Year's. Maybe another part of Mazatlan altogether. We enjoyed it, but we are ready to try something different.

DW and I were at Victor's last Wednesday. The panga was $2.00 RT/person and the Pacifico was $1.50; the salsa and chips were free and both were tops. Randi and here group were there, I told her that she was famous on the internet and she laughed.

Other than name, CaboWabo does not compare to Victor's. The Corona was $4.50, chips and salsa $7.50. The chips and salsa were such poor quality that we refused them.

• 1 year later...

wow,way to bring a thread back to life:D

i'll do my best...when you walk off the mandatory shuttle from the ship, go out the big gates on the left at the port, then start walking left down the street

you will keep walking along the fence until the road goes right & left...you go straight, onto dirt road down to bright blue or bright yellow little building, this is where you buy tix for the water taxi

it is 2.00us for round trip ticket (dont lose ticket) and it will putt across the waterway and drop you at the only dock. then you will walk over a little dirt hill and lo and behold...there is the beach and all the restaurants:)

victors is about 2/3 of the way down the beach,and has superb food and cold beer. right next door to them is letys , and they have outstanding fresh made margaritas...yummmy:cool:

hope that helps,sorry if i get corrected on any of it...it was a slightly blurry day:rolleyes:

dave

Archived