100+ lbs to lose???

PreciousJewel

Hello all!

Glad I found this thread. I have 100+ to lose on my 5'0" frame. My boyfriend and I are planning an October 2009 cruise and even if I can't lose everything by this time next year, I would like to be much smaller. I am hoping a cruise to Hawaii will finally be the motivation I need to make a change and stick with it. I know what I need to do..it's just hitting that point (seems everyone hits that turning point when they make a change for good). Anyway..just wanted to say hello.

welcome brown. A cruise to Hawaii sounds delicious!!!!!!

Well started my Alli saturday so far so good, no side effects as of yet but really watching my fat intake. it really has me scared about messing myself at home or in public. will let you all know if it is doing any good when I weigh this friday.

Hope you have a great week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep your spirits high and your journals updated!!!!!!!!!

it really has me scared about messing myself at home or in public. will let you all know if it is doing any good when I weigh this friday.

If given the choice, I would choose at home over out in public.:D

I'm happy as I have lost a few more pounds since I last posted. My total weight loss is 105 lbs.

Believe me, everyone, if I can do it, so can you. Quit making excuses and just do it - that is meant to be motivational, not critical.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, hope you all are doing well!!!!!!!!

I weighed this am, even though my "official" weigh is tomorrow (we bought another scale for the house:eek: ). Anyway I am down to 317 from 325 since 10/1/08. Not tremendous numbers but I haven't been "perfect" on eating and just starting go back to working out yesterday. And with thyroid problems I am thrilled with any loss.

Looking at another cruise in January 2009. Hope we get to go

Leah, that's great!! A loss is a loss! Doesnt matter if it is big or not. Congrats! Are you still taking the Alli?

How is everyone else doing? I am sore all over. Still doing 3-5 classes a week at our YMCA. I havent noticed a difference as far as weight loss, but I am really sore. Come on everyone, let's check in with each other.

Hey stacy, I agree. I have lost 5 lbs from 10/07 to 10/01/08. And my thyroid is still not "normal" but it is coming down. so I am thrilled with 7 lbs in 2 weeks. 309 puts me at 5% and that is what goal I have set right now with the alli. I don't take it if I know I am being "bad". but otherwise I take it every meal. I actually have to try and put MORE fat back in my diet and reach my 1600 calories per day. They actually say I should eat 1800 but I am trying to loose "quickly" so i cut 200 more out.

Glad you are sore, that means muscles are working!!!!!!!! Hope spidey and hubby are good. How is your FIL????

Hope everyone else is doing good. Have a great weekend.

Baby steps Leah, baby steps. :) I feel like I am taking those baby steps every day they kick my rear end at the Y. Doesnt help during one certain week. My back will just ache afterwards. But overall I am enjoying it and I have not had anyone make weird looks at me or say off the wall things b/c of my weight. Everyone has been supportive.

Spidey is good. We have a free preschool program here in FL, so I went and put him in school last week. It is only for 3 hrs a day, but hey, that is when I can go to the Y or clean the house. DH job sucks. With this economy, sales have not come up at all. We are beyond pinching those pennies. I might go back to work soon if it doesnt look up. FIL, well, all I can say is bless his heart. He can no longer leave the facility b/c he just gets too confused. He thinks that DH is his brother, not his son. He knows that me and Spidey are related, just doesnt know how. They called from the facility last week to let FIL talk to DH b/c he was so confused. He doesnt know who he is half the time. I really pray that he doesnt live long like this. I know that is bad to say, but I wouldnt want to live like that. On top of it, my BFF from high school (Biloxi, MS) called me last Saturday to let me know that her mom had just passed away of lung cancer. Then two days later a friend from Chicago called to let me know that her grandmother had just passed away. WOW. What a week. Hope all is well with you. How is T and Vic?

Hello Ladies,

Just checking in! I'm battling strep throat right now so I'm feeling very *blah*, but I hope everyone is doing well.

A group of friends and I have decided to start (or restart in some of our cases) WW on tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that. I need to do some grocery shopping to get some staples in the house, but I think I'll do okay. I lost almost 60lbs on WW back in 2006 and I've gained about 20lbs or more of that back...unacceptable!!! LOL At any rate, I just came to check on my lovelies while I'm laid up. We have a huge meeting at work on Tuesday so I'll be going to work tomorrow to help the guys prepare (I'm the only woman in the office, sometimes I feel like they are lost without me), but I will try not to exert myself too much. I really don't like going to work sick, but I feel okay (as long as I'm not talking) and the guys said they really need me. I've already told them if any of them get sick, it's not my fault, lol.

Anyway, I'll check in later in the week. Actually, lemme go weigh myself and try to take my measurements.

Hello Ladies,

Just checking in! I'm battling strep throat right now so I'm feeling very *blah*, but I hope everyone is doing well.

A group of friends and I have decided to start (or restart in some of our cases) WW on tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that. I need to do some grocery shopping to get some staples in the house, but I think I'll do okay. I lost almost 60lbs on WW back in 2006 and I've gained about 20lbs or more of that back...unacceptable!!! LOL At any rate, I just came to check on my lovelies while I'm laid up. We have a huge meeting at work on Tuesday so I'll be going to work tomorrow to help the guys prepare (I'm the only woman in the office, sometimes I feel like they are lost without me), but I will try not to exert myself too much. I really don't like going to work sick, but I feel okay (as long as I'm not talking) and the guys said they really need me. I've already told them if any of them get sick, it's not my fault, lol.

Anyway, I'll check in later in the week. Actually, lemme go weigh myself and try to take my measurements.

Oh PJ I hope you feel better soon. Good luck on the WW. Let us know your weight and measurements. I haven't measured lately so I guess I need to do that to. {{{hugs}}} for you.

Stacy, so sorry about all the losses. We are going to a rosary tonite for one of my friends grandmothers. I feel so bad for your DH having to watch his father go through this. {{{{{hugs}}}}} for you, spidey, dh, and fil. 3 hours a day to yourself is a great start to taking care of YOU!!!!!! T and Vic are good. If T makes it through school without me choking him everything will be great. He will be 15 next month and is just driving me crazy with grades and teenage attitude. But we will muddle through. He wants me to go on the Biggest Loser show:D . I told him I would probably kill Jillian if I went. LOL.

Well let me go fix my soup. Hope you all have a good day.

Good morning ladies/gents!!!!!!! How is everyone doing this week? I weighed in this am and I am down to 315. 6 more lbs. and I will be at 5% of my total weight. I want to be under 300 before my birthday but that is a week from tomorrow so I guess not.:mad: Oh well, I will take any loss.

I just changed our picture on here. That is Vicki with the blond hair, me and then T. That is one of the animals from our last cruise. We are looking into going another on in January. It will only be a 4 day but it is a cruise!!!!!!! If I continue at this pace I will be about 285-275 I sure hope so!!!!!!

Well hope all is well with everyone and yall have a healthy weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. I have been so busy. I have been going 3 to 4 days a week to our YMCA to exercise. I also was hoodwinked into making Spidey's Halloween costume. This year he was the Ferocious Beast. He watches a Cartoon on the Noggin Network called Maggie and the Ferocious Beast. I will try to include a picture of my Ferocious Beast. He was just too cute to me.We have had a weekly Bible study here at our home. Spidey has been going to school every day for a few hours a day. Just busy busy busy.

Erika - I am sure you are feeling better by now!! Hope all is going well with you girlie. Did you start WW? How is that going?

Leah - I think I missed your birthday. Sorry. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! {{hugs}} Great job on the weight loss. Keep it up girlfriend. I would take a 4 day cruise over no cruise at all. We are getting ready to go on ours on Dec 7. It will be the first time Spidey has cruised before. Should be interesting. T has a birthday soon too doesnt he? Please dont choke him. You will make it through. Thanks for the hugs regarding all of the bad news and with my FIL. We went and visited him a few nights ago and he just played with Spidey so well. Like I said, he knows we are family, but that is it.

Gotta run. Spidey needs me right now. Miss all of you a lot. Stacy

198946655_Halloween2008009.jpg.d7c3df15c44a16912cbcc592b428ce27.jpg

Hey stacy, thanks for the birthday wishes. Yes, T has one on the 29th. He is doing some better but still lying about silly stuff like, taking his shower, you know just testing the boundaries i guess. OH MY Spidey looks sooo cute in his costume. I hope you all have a great time on yall's cruise. Why are you depressed??? Maybe talking about it will help. spill sister.

I have have resorted back to eating out and eating badly and not taking the Alli so I have put back on 5 lbs and am back up to 320. We are not going to go on the cruise in January because we really want to buy a new house in the next year, year and half. So we need to save our money. So I will plan that instead of trips.

Hope everyone else is doing good. Hope to hear from you all soon. Love and miss yall.

Hey Leah. Well, we just never seem to have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of. This economy has been really really bad with car sales. DH was driving 25 miles just to sell cars. Spending a lot in gas. He quit his job on Fri. His paycheck was about $250 for the week. This is what it has been ranging lately. He was spending about $40 in gas just to go back and forth to work. So we both figured the best thing for him to do was quit and find something else. He is out right now trying to find something. Amscot was going to hire him yesterday, but the fact that we have a vacation coming up was not appealing to them. They told him to come back after we get home from vacation. Now how is that going to help us now. We have no money. Bills are due, etc. There is an organization here who is helping us with our rent this month, thankfully. So, I am just sick and tired of the whole situation. As far as vacation is concerned, I have already switched it once, they will not do it again. Cant cancel, it's too close to travel. So we have to go or we loose it. Feel guilty taking a vacation during this time, but by George we need it. I am not worried about him finding a job, he always finds one really quick. I am just depressed that we are in this situation.

I have continued to do my exercise. I dont think I have lost any, nor gained any. Thanks for the comments on Spidey. He thought he was just the coolest kid on the block because mommy made him into the ferocious beast. lol He is so goofy. Gotta run in a minute and pick him up from school. At least FL pays for that for all 4 yr olds for 3 hrs a day. T is at that age where he is going to see just where he can get over on you. Be firm, but supportive. Teen years are so tough. Stay away from the fast food girl. I understand about buying a house vs going on a trip. Gotta run. Hugs and kisses.

Hi I am new here to Cruise Critic and new to cruising also. But I am not new to trying to lose weight. My Highest weight was 349 this February and since then I have lost about 30 pounds. First was a 3 week trial to Curves that kick started my weight loss but I hurt my knee there and twisted my ankle. Then I was picked to be in a Weight loss contest similar to Biggest Loser that if you are in the contest you got a 3 month membership at a local Gym I got 3rd place and won a 3 month gym membership. After the free memberships were over I started to pay for them myself. I am going to try a new gym for 3 months starting December and they have a pool so I can do their water aerobics. I was doing good with eating earlier this year and then summer came and my eating went down hill. I still plan to make Thanksgiving but after that I am going to eat healthier. I have a cruise I plan to reserve for March 28 so I can cruise on my birthday as it is April 1. Would love to have some buddies.

• 4 months later...

Hey all~

Sad news :(.... We had to cancel our cruise! Unforseen medical issues came up and there is just NO way can go!

Oh well, I guess it was just not meant to be...hopefully there will be another opportunity to go another time!

Take Care, Dawn

Archived