Connecting balcony on Freedom

tsj

Hi all, we are considering a family cruise on Freedom to the Med in 09. I am wondering when folks refer to connecting balconys, do they mean the rooms are connected or that the balconys are connected? When we have cruised Princess the steward can open the diveders between the balconys, we have enjoyed this feature so much and hope to do the same if we sail the Freedom. Thanks in advance! BTW, if only some balcony catagories offer this feature can you tell me which ones? Teri

We were discussing opening the dividers between the balcony rooms. I don't know if any rooms have restrictions, I remember reading on here that they would only open so many but we have never had problems having ours opened with family or friends next door. On our legend cruise in November we had 5 balcony doors opened. Great gathering place each morning for breakfast and drinks each night before turning in.

the dividers open to the bulkhead making it so that not all of the dividers can be opened without blocking access from one of the cabins. Spirit class open to the rail and is not an issue.

I made this up to help with the divider issue....

*****Conquest%20Deck%20plans.htm

Hope it helps explain it better. (we had this problem on my Triumph, and is why I did this)

Dbrucern & Chitown,

Thank you for your replies, great news about the dividers, we love to visit on one big balcony with our family.

Chitown, being diagram challenged as I am, I have to ask ,are the bold lines between the cabins (Bulkhead) the key to figuring out which dividers will not open Thanks so much. Teri

Dbrucern & Chitown,

Thank you for your replies, great news about the dividers, we love to visit on one big balcony with our family.

Chitown, being diagram challenged as I am, I have to ask ,are the bold lines between the cabins (Bulkhead) the key to figuring out which dividers will not open Thanks so much. Teri

Conque1.jpg

I added the red to show where the doors are located....on the overall deck plan they aren't there(I don't have that much time on my hands LOL)

Use this to figure out the pattern......6210 and 6216 would have their door to balcony blocked by the divider (shown at an angle swinging aft on the ship)

you can see in our Triumph photo that the divider SHOULD be inbetween the glass doors. They removed it because the booking of our kids in the next cabin. I doubt they physically remove too many.

the cabin closer to the camera was the aft of the cabins...the divider was secured to the wall and blocked access.

2139102980089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived