Bay of Biscay?

Micheller

As you have been told it is a little hit or miss. At that time of year you will be unlucky if it is more than ''a bit bumpy'' but it may be too chilly to be on deck.

P&O, the British ''sister'' of Princess sail ships of a similar size to Sea Princess, which I presume is your ship, regularly through this stretch with rarely a problem.Also, any adverse conditions are unlikely to last more than 24 hours at most

Please don't let this worry you unduly. On our last transit we were really lucky, it was sunny and warm with only a brisk breeze and we had a school of dolphins alongside for a while.

I did a short cruise on Aurora (in the autumn - September/October time - I think) a couple of years back. Crossed the Bay of Biscay twice and it was like glass both times - and we had dolphins one day too. I think that the Bay deserves its fearsome reputation when there's bad weather about, but if you go in the summer you're less likely to see it. Good/bad weather at sea is always a matter of the luck of the draw, anyway.

Micheller

What a co-incidence, being so close!!

Is this by any chance your first Princess cruise? We migrated from P&O and love the Princess style, especially anytime dining,24 hour buffets, etc etc.

If you have not been on Princess before and I can answer any questions you may have please let me know.

Kool Kruiser

We went on the Century (Celebrity) in 1997 and took my daughter who was then 19 months and we had a fantastic time. Now there's 4 of us and we never thought that cruising was affordable for 4 but we did get a fantastic deal. We've managed to get a quad outside cabin (without balcony) and I'm hoping it's not going to be too tight on space!

Would you say that the Princess is much better than P&O? and have you been on the Sea Princess before? I know that she's not had great reviews being the Adonia - perhaps she will be better when she switches to Princess.

Archived