Organizing a meeting on-board?

MommaOML

If I wanted to organize a meeting on-board, how would I do that? Do I need to contact the CD before sailing, or wait until I'm on-board, or what?

(I'm a La Leche League Leader and I would like to have an LLL meeting. It will be a small group, most likely.)

A couple of ideas.

My first stop would be at the Formalities Shop. I know that they do have "Card rooms" that are not used. By going to Formalities, they can either send you in the right direction or at least set you up with hor'deorve(sp?) platters and maybe drink service

If I wanted to organize a meeting on-board, how would I do that? Do I need to contact the CD before sailing, or wait until I'm on-board, or what?

(I'm a La Leche League Leader and I would like to have an LLL meeting. It will be a small group, most likely.)

These are last April (2007) for the Conquest.

Here is a sample of what i am refering to this was from Carnival Conquest last year.

Our party opted to go for the 1 hour dry snack....cheap but all the drinks you could drink in a hour.....wish we would have scheduled more time, or a second party for our 7 day cruise.

The party is only held on the sea day's.

Open for your comments: please let us know!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carnivals List Cruise Lines

Individual Reservations Cocktail Party Price

1 Hour OPEN BAR with dry snacks.............................$11.44 pp

2 Hour OPEN BAR with dry snacks.................................$19.55 pp

1 Hour OPEN BAR with hot & cold Hors D' oeurvres ..........$20.70 pp

2 Hour OPEN BAR with hot & cold Hors D' oeurvres...........$34.50 pp

1 Hour OPEN BAR with Deluxe hot & cold Hors D' oeuvres..$24.15 pp

2 Hour Open BAR with Deluxe hot & cold Hors D' oeuvres..$37.95 pp

1 Hour OPEN BAR with Deluxe Hot/cold Hors D' oeuvres/shrimp..$24.15 pp

2 Hour OPEN BAR with Deluxe hot/cold Hors D' oeuvres/shrimp..$43.70 pp

Sheet cake (Minimum of 20 slices).................................$2.88 per slice

Server for cake.............................................. ............$11.50 per Hour

************************************************** ************************************************** *******

In order for the individual bookings to have a meeting, they must purchase a cocktail party for a minimum of twenty guests (or more); the minimum purchase for a party must be at least one hour of Open-Bar for the amount of time requsting the lounge.

ALL INDIVIDUAL COCKTAIL PARTIES MUST BE DONE DURING ONE FULL DAY AT SEA (BASED ON AVAILABILITY) ROOMS ARE ONLY BLOCKED FOR THE LENGHT OF THE COCKTAIL PARTY PURCHASED.

**In order to request a Cocktail Party written request must be faxed to 1-800-638-1646. Please include booking number, ship, sailing date, number of guests, type of cocktail party, form of payment, & the requested date & time of the party. Also include the name of the lead contact for the group and a phone number. Once we can confirm that a lounge is available, we will contact the group leader to confirm.

(Confirmation will be given within 2-3 weeks of the sailing.)

*PLEASE NOTE: THIS PARTY INFORMATION IS APPLICABLE TO INDIVIDUAL RESERVATION BOOKINGS ONLY, AND CAN BE ARRANGED WITH A MINIMUM OF 20 GUEST. ALL PRICES ARE BASED PER PERSON AND INCLUDES THE SERVICE CHARGE. CHILDREN RATES ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR COCKTAIL PARTIES. CHILDREN WHO ARE 7 & UNDER ARE ADMITTED FREE. HORS D' OEUVRES ARE CHEF'S SELECTION AND ARE SERVED BUFFET STYLE. PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. A MINIMUM OF 30 DAYS NOTICE IS REQUIRED.

Also this may be purchased on the ship, if this option is choosen, go to the pursers desk, once onboard to make arrangements. Then you do not have to contact the Wedding Department, from what I was advised by the Carnival Representitive from the Wedding Department.

The number to speak to a representative from Carnival's Wedding Dept. is 1-800-933-4968.

Contact the Weding Dept for a updated price list. I also invoiced everyone thru paypal, and passed on the fees assoicated with using paypal, to the parties who wanted to get a party together. It will work out great if you get your roll call group together on this so you can get the 20 person miniunim. Good LucK!

Hmm, I'm not looking to outlay cash for this. I just want a room where we can have a meeting (if there's anyone on board who'd be interested) and a listing in the daily Capers.

How does it work for the Friends of Dorothy/Bill W meetings?

These are last April (2007) for the Conquest.

Here is a sample of what i am refering to this was from Carnival Conquest last year.

Our party opted to go for the 1 hour dry snack....cheap but all the drinks you could drink in a hour.....wish we would have scheduled more time, or a second party for our 7 day cruise.

The party is only held on the sea day's.

Open for your comments: please let us know!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carnivals List Cruise Lines

Individual Reservations Cocktail Party Price

1 Hour OPEN BAR with dry snacks.............................$11.44 pp

2 Hour OPEN BAR with dry snacks.................................$19.55 pp

1 Hour OPEN BAR with hot & cold Hors D' oeurvres ..........$20.70 pp

2 Hour OPEN BAR with hot & cold Hors D' oeurvres...........$34.50 pp

1 Hour OPEN BAR with Deluxe hot & cold Hors D' oeuvres..$24.15 pp

2 Hour Open BAR with Deluxe hot & cold Hors D' oeuvres..$37.95 pp

1 Hour OPEN BAR with Deluxe Hot/cold Hors D' oeuvres/shrimp..$24.15 pp

2 Hour OPEN BAR with Deluxe hot/cold Hors D' oeuvres/shrimp..$43.70 pp

Sheet cake (Minimum of 20 slices).................................$2.88 per slice

Server for cake.............................................. ............$11.50 per Hour

************************************************** ************************************************** *******

In order for the individual bookings to have a meeting, they must purchase a cocktail party for a minimum of twenty guests (or more); the minimum purchase for a party must be at least one hour of Open-Bar for the amount of time requsting the lounge.

ALL INDIVIDUAL COCKTAIL PARTIES MUST BE DONE DURING ONE FULL DAY AT SEA (BASED ON AVAILABILITY) ROOMS ARE ONLY BLOCKED FOR THE LENGHT OF THE COCKTAIL PARTY PURCHASED.

**In order to request a Cocktail Party written request must be faxed to 1-800-638-1646. Please include booking number, ship, sailing date, number of guests, type of cocktail party, form of payment, & the requested date & time of the party. Also include the name of the lead contact for the group and a phone number. Once we can confirm that a lounge is available, we will contact the group leader to confirm.

(Confirmation will be given within 2-3 weeks of the sailing.)

*PLEASE NOTE: THIS PARTY INFORMATION IS APPLICABLE TO INDIVIDUAL RESERVATION BOOKINGS ONLY, AND CAN BE ARRANGED WITH A MINIMUM OF 20 GUEST. ALL PRICES ARE BASED PER PERSON AND INCLUDES THE SERVICE CHARGE. CHILDREN RATES ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR COCKTAIL PARTIES. CHILDREN WHO ARE 7 & UNDER ARE ADMITTED FREE. HORS D' OEUVRES ARE CHEF'S SELECTION AND ARE SERVED BUFFET STYLE. PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. A MINIMUM OF 30 DAYS NOTICE IS REQUIRED.

Also this may be purchased on the ship, if this option is choosen, go to the pursers desk, once onboard to make arrangements. Then you do not have to contact the Wedding Department, from what I was advised by the Carnival Representitive from the Wedding Department.

The number to speak to a representative from Carnival's Wedding Dept. is 1-800-933-4968.

Contact the Weding Dept for a updated price list. I also invoiced everyone thru paypal, and passed on the fees assoicated with using paypal, to the parties who wanted to get a party together. It will work out great if you get your roll call group together on this so you can get the 20 person miniunim. Good LucK!

Thanks for posting this information. A couple on our roll call board is in the process of dong this.

Robb

Hmm, I'm not looking to outlay cash for this. I just want a room where we can have a meeting (if there's anyone on board who'd be interested) and a listing in the daily Capers.

How does it work for the Friends of Dorothy/Bill W meetings?

I'm not sure how it would work for other groups. Friends of Bill and Friends of Dorothy meetings are scheduled by the cruise line with no input from the cruisers who may be sailing (meaning they aren't always at a time that "I" would find convenient.....I'm a Friend of Bill).

The suggestion about asking at the Purser's desk about putting up a note is probably the best way to go.

Does your organization have a website and message board? Maybe you could post there? And you could always post on your Cruise Critic roll call that you will be on board and wonder if there are others traveling.

It is up to the Cruise Director as to what is placed in the Capers. I have better luck with NCL CD's than CCL CD's as NCL's are more accessible.

Like the other person said, if it is a small group I would just meet up in the card room.

Dave

Archived