Carnival Cruiser Considering RCCL - Help Please

kellyccz

Hi everyone. I'm a Carnival cruiser who is considering a 3 night Monarch of the Seas cruise. I have been on the Carnival Fascination, Fantasy, Victory, Miracle and Destiny. I am interested in going with my SO on a 3-nighter from the West Coast. He is not sure he will like cruising, hence the 3-nighter. And, I wanted to try a cruise to someplace I haven't been yet. I love Carnival and have always had good experiences on my cruises with them. Royal Caribbean just comes in with a much better deal for the cruise length, location that I am looking for.

If anyone has sailed both lines before, can you tell me your opinions of any pros/cons for this ship/line and how the 2 lines might compare?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help.

Hi everyone. I'm a Carnival cruiser who is considering a 3 night Monarch of the Seas cruise. I have been on the Carnival Fascination, Fantasy, Victory, Miracle and Destiny. I am interested in going with my SO on a 3-nighter from the West Coast. He is not sure he will like cruising, hence the 3-nighter. And, I wanted to try a cruise to someplace I haven't been yet. I love Carnival and have always had good experiences on my cruises with them. Royal Caribbean just comes in with a much better deal for the cruise length, location that I am looking for.

If anyone has sailed both lines before, can you tell me your opinions of any pros/cons for this ship/line and how the 2 lines might compare?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help.

We've been on quite a few CCL's and two RCI's including the Monarch. I would compare the Monarch to the Fascination--about the same size and age. We enjoyed the Monarch very much. Differences? Cons--Cabins are a bit smaller on Monarch, dining room food comparable but dining room menu not as adventurous (also no lobster on the shorter cruises--might be the same on Carnival now though). Pros: Room service menu better on Monarch (some hot items on the menu). We thought the buffet breakfast was a better set-up on the Monarch. Service, entertainment, drink prices were comparable on both. I wouldn't hesitate taking the Monarch, especially w/the better deal! And you can't go wrong w/a 3-nighter for your SO--just the right amount of time to try cruising out.

FrannyK

Costa Riviera 1985

NCL Seaward 1987

CCL Fantasy 1/2000

CCL Sensation 2/2001

CCL Imagination 1/2002

RCI Explorer 6/2002

RCI Monarch 4/2003

CCL Sensation 2/2004

CCL Imagination 2/2006

CCL Liberty Thanksgiving/2006

We have been on both. We have also been on the Monarch and had a great time. You will find out they are pretty much the same. Like the previous poster mentioned the cabins will be smaller. But from what I am hearing on the newer RCCL ships the cabins are comparable and even bigger then Carnival. What I really loved on the Monarch was the dueling pianos....not sure if they still have them...but they were a blast!

Good luck!!!

I would go for it. The Monarch will be heading out of L.A. next year to the East Coast. We are even thinking about one more cruise on her before she leaves.....

Thank you everyone who has posted so far. It sounds like the Monarch won't be a bad choice then. The quote I got ($519 with all taxes and port charges included - for 2 people) is just too good to pass up really). I am disappointed in no lobster - I always enjoyed that night.

Do they have a formal night then on RCCL's 3-nighters?

Thank you everyone who has posted so far. It sounds like the Monarch won't be a bad choice then. The quote I got ($519 with all taxes and port charges included - for 2 people) is just too good to pass up really). I am disappointed in no lobster - I always enjoyed that night.

Do they have a formal night then on RCCL's 3-nighters?

Wow that's a great deal!! Inside cabins:confused:

Yes there is a formal night.

Archived