Horseback Ride & Swim Grand Turk vs Half Moon Cay

teeejh

I've read everywhere that the Horseback Ride & Swim is a blast on Grand Turk AND I've read that the snorkeling/diving there is phenominal. My dilemma is we'd like to do both on Grand Turk but the excursion times aren't jiving. (I wanted to do the Gibs Cay Beach and Stingray Encounter)

Has anyone done the Horseback Ride & Swim on Half Moon Cay? If so, I'd love to know how it was.

Has anyone done the Stingray Adventure at Half Moon Cay? Stories please.....

If we do the Horseback Ride & Swim on Grand Turk at 7:30, we thought we'd do the Catamaran Sailaway - Cotton Cay Beach & Snorkel... Has anyone done this excursion? Please do tell :D

Thanks so much in advance for any advice, stories, etc :D

• 1 month later...

bumping because I would really like to know that too!! We are visiting both islands and I am heading towards just chilling on HMC and doing the horseback ride on Grand Turk unless there is a big difference as far as quality, time, etc. I am a total inexperienced horseback rider too I might add.

The first time we stopped at HMC, we did their stingray tour, through Carnival, of course, since there are no independent tours there.

I hated it. :(

It was my 3rd stingray tour (1st was Grand Cayman - wonderful; 2nd was Nassau - wonderful).

At HMC, the area is a tiny, enclosed area with a reef, so if you aren't going to snorkel the entire time, you're shoved over to the side. When they finally got around to feeding them, it was all about getting "professional" photos so they could sell them to you later on the ship.

It took forever to even get in the enclosed area because you HAD to stop on the steps for a photo with the main tour guide.

I should've complained. I thought it was a waste of money. I would've much preferred just a beach day.

2nd time at HMC was just a beach day.

Next December, I'll do the horseback riding, but right now, there are zero excursions listed.

Our 2nd stop in Grand Turk, December 2006 on Elation, we did the 1st Horseback excursion (it was early), went back to the ship for an early lunch, then did the Gibbs Cay stingray and snorkel. We had plenty of time. If you're doing them through the cruiseline, they won't let you book if there's a time problem.

I've done the Horseback Ride & Swim on the past 3 cruises in Grand Turk. The last one was the best.

2927079110102755439S425x425Q85.jpg

To me, this is what a vacation is all about. We had a blast. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you know that on the Private Island board there are a few long reviews of the horseback riding on HMC, with pictures. Sorry I probably should have a link to put in here for you... but you'll find it easily on that board. I'm doing that excursion next week - my daughter wants to scuba on Grand Turk, so we're doing the horseback thing on HMC - I hope it's as good as everyone says it is on GT, and the review I mentioned was excellent.

Moriah

Archived