Camera battery recharger

Painter

i was on the grand princess and there were two types of electrical outlets in my cabin.... (an officer cabin) so i suspect that the pax cabins also have 2 outlets - the european types and the american types - you MUST also make attempts to reach the chief electrician on board and show him your plugs and adaptors and transformers etc. and see what they think. Take everything just in case! have fun.

okay,,,,,,, um, i know that in the public areas, there are european plugs that perhaps if you were going to sit down for a cup of coffee, you could plug in there..... or you could charge overnight in one of the housekeeper's officer's office....

there are ways around your situation, Painter, you just have to find the appropriate people on board to help you.Either the electrician or the chief housekeeper.

oh - one piece of advice - it probably isn't wise to find the chief housekeeper on day one. Wait until day two; luggage delivery sort of takes priority on embarkation day..... just be sure to arrive with a fully charged battery!

:-)

Marleneann

From experience, if the recharger shows 110 - 240 volts it works fine. If it's only 240 v it may not draw enough to recharge. Our phone chargers are 240 v and wouldnt charge on the Regal but our video charger was 110-240 and worked fine. Check the charger to show the voltage it works on.

It's just another thing to remember to check before a cruise. We cruise and learn.

Karen

We were on the Sapphire in June. We come from NZ so our power supply is 240V like in Australia. We bought an adaptor so that we could plug into the 110 voltage plugs. However you also need a battery recharger that says 100-240V. We now have one that is is called a "Switching mode power supply".

The problem we found on the Sapphire was also the positioning of the power plug. It is just above the desktop & because of the design of our charger we couldn't plug into it - it wouldn't fit. Our new charger has a separate plug * cord to avoid that problem.

The Sapphire photoshop staff were tremendous to us. Erica, from South Africa, loaned us a battery charger to overcome our problems. She was really great.

Enjoy yourselves on the Sapphire. She is a lovely ship.

Bronnie

Bronnie, Thanks for that info. we're on the Sapphire at Xmas so knowing the layout of the plugs helps enormously. Have to add a power board to the What to take list.

Where did you get your switching mode power supply from? Is it specific to NZ or do you know if avail in Australia?

Karen

We got our battery charger from Dick Smith Electronics in NZ. I think they have branches in Australia. It is a GP Power Bank Smart. There were a couple of models & only 1 was suitable for both 110 & 240V. The model no is : GPPB01 it was about $NZ70. It takes AA & AAA batteries (both NiCd & NiMH. On the power cord it says GP Switching Mode Power supply. Model GPPB01SAASA1

Hope that helps.

Bronnie

Thanks again, We've been looking for one of these for the last 3 months and now I have the actual model. Many thanks. We've tried Dick Smiths in the past but they said there was no such animal. Now we can go back!

The extension cord is also a very good idea. Thanks

Karen

Archived