Back to Back across Cruise Lines

ECP

Because:

(A) Princess is not too much more expensive as Carnival.

(B) It has differences in it's itineraries leading to different islands available in the same time slots.

© Sails out of the same ports in Florida as Carnival.

I am considering a Back to Back cruise where I go on Carnival one week and Princess another (order based on when/where cruises are going).

Does anyone know of any problems switching cruiselines like this?

On my first cruise on the Sernade of the Seas I made friends with a couple who cruised all sorts of cruise lines. They were going on the Celebrity ship directly behind us at the pier when we got off of the Serenade. I talked to them when they returned and they said it was great. Totally different experience then staying on the same ship for a second cruise. They also did a 28 day on Princess a year later.

I've wanted to do this for about a year now. I think it's a great idea! Not only do you get to cruise for 2 weeks, but you also have the chance to have 2 different cruise experiences.

I would think that as long as the ships are at the same port, you won't have any problems. You might have to wait a while to get on your second ship, but just bring a good book or spend the time writing your CC review of the first!

Let us know what you decide.

Archived