Monarch 1/7/08 --4 nighter/short review

Tip: In Catalina, you can take the C&A gift (tote bag) over to the embroidery shop that is located just down the road from the pier, on the left, and have your name put on it. One of the ladies did this for her GDs, and it was very nice! (Critterchick - I know you don't like the bags, but they really are great for carrying groceries!)

Celia, that's a great idea for the bags. (Jean, I don't like them either ;) ) It would have been nice if they'd had the ship's name embroidered on them, like the last set of tote bag C&A gifts. I still use mine ... in fact, I used it tonight. ~ L

The Oscar I originally referred to is Oscar Herreda. He looks to be about 40 and is black. Not sure of where he is from, I never got close enough to read his name tag. I do hope that maybe he was just needing a vacation or not feeling well. Too bad we had to be the ones to get him on those days. I asked him nicely if they had a room service menu in the stateroom, and he replied, " no, no, NO!" Ok sorry I asked. I later found out the Monarch is "between" menus. So you have to guess or not order anything at all. I did not like this, but was a short cruise, so I made due.:(

The Oscar I originally referred to is Oscar Herreda. He looks to be about 40 and is black. Not sure of where he is from, I never got close enough to read his name tag. I do hope that maybe he was just needing a vacation or not feeling well. Too bad we had to be the ones to get him on those days. I asked him nicely if they had a room service menu in the stateroom, and he replied, " no, no, NO!" Ok sorry I asked. I later found out the Monarch is "between" menus. So you have to guess or not order anything at all. I did not like this, but was a short cruise, so I made due.:(

From your cabin location, I knew that you had the same Oscar. :( Again, I'm so sorry. If he's on board for my next cruise (Feb. 1), I'll ask if everything's OK. I have heard that there have been some problems w/ the cabin stewards, on the Monarch, and they're not being happy about some additions to the staff. Still, that should never be taken out on a customer and may not have been his issue, in the first place. Just curious: Did you report these problems to Guest Relations or the Houskeeping Manager? If this is an on-going problem, they would really need to address it.

I really hope your next cruise is much, much better. :)

:) Ok so I am new to cruising and I just wanted to say wow.. and thanks to all of you who have posted on this thread. My wife kids and I are on the Monarch the week of 2/18 and we are so excited to go. Thanks to all of you for giving me some insight as to what is coming up soon...

Tip: In Catalina, you can take the C&A gift (tote bag) over to the embroidery shop that is located just down the road from the pier, on the left, and have your name put on it. One of the ladies did this for her GDs, and it was very nice! (Critterchick - I know you don't like the bags, but they really are great for carrying groceries!)

Wow, Celia, I didn't know she had that done in Catalina. They were very kewl!

~d

:) Ok so I am new to cruising and I just wanted to say wow.. and thanks to all of you who have posted on this thread. My wife kids and I are on the Monarch the week of 2/18 and we are so excited to go. Thanks to all of you for giving me some insight as to what is coming up soon...

Skydevil, Cindy (Bella930) and I are also on that cruise. Why don't you come over to our Roll Call? :D ~ Lorna

Ugh, I would but as I said I am new to cruising and not sure what a roll call is. Last time they did roll call it was to make sure all the kids made it back to the bus after a zoo trip hehe.

LOL!!!

Go back to the main menu, which comes after you click on "Boards" from the Cruise Critic home page. Scroll down past the box you found this thread on, to "Roll Calls - Members Only." Click on "Royal Caribbean - Meet & Mingle." Then scroll down and click on "Roll Calls - Monarch of the Seas." The scroll down to "Monarch of the Seas 2/18/08." There we are!!! See you there! ~ Lorna

Archived