Kids program question - compass?

MsWitty1

I am taking my nephew on the Mariner this March. Are there cruise "compasses" for kids? If so does anyone have one to share?

Never having gone with kids I wasn't sure if they had a special activity guide for the day. He is 10 so I was curious about what types of things they do.

Thanks!

There are cruise compasses for each age group. Cruisinmama06 has a great collection of them that you can see for all age groups and different cruiselines too. If you do a search on her name or just go to the family cruising forum where she posts a lot, there is a link in her signature to all of them.:)

Edit: I got the link for you http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/

I am taking my nephew on the Mariner this March. Are there cruise "compasses" for kids? If so does anyone have one to share?

Never having gone with kids I wasn't sure if they had a special activity guide for the day. He is 10 so I was curious about what types of things they do.

Thanks!

Angie,

I'm not sure that I can dig up an old cruise compass, but they DO exist.

(Certainly, someone else on the board has one to share...).

The kid's program has a lot to offer. Examples of activities include science experiments/activities:

*silly putty

*slime

*volcanoes

*'fossils'

*play-doh

*Parade in the Promenade- bring your camera!

Games might include:

*Gaga ball

*family bingo

*scavenger hunts

*Others my kids forgot to mention/I forgot

Miscellaneous:

Meeting the Captain, movies, video games, swimming activities, crafts,and dance parties.

All three of my children, 12, 7, 4, enjoyed our last cruise, and came home with a 'personalized' keepsake- RC bandanas and pillow cases decorated with permanent markers. While in port, the kid's program operates with an amended schedule. I'm not remembering port days being 'drop off' times, meaning families stayed together and participated together. (We had fun with water balloon fights and races).

Prizes are awarded throughout the cruise for different activities. We've got lanyards, t-shirts, key chains, and a host of other cool do-dads.

On formal dining nights, kids can opt to eat at Johnny Rocket's for no additional charge. *Parents need to sign up their children to do this*

I hope I've offered some insight into what your nephew can anticipate. Unless he's super difficult to entertain, I'm positive he'll enjoy the program!

Bon voyage!

This a trip report but also has a complete set of dailies for a 9 day cruise, including the daily compass for all age groups in the Adventure Ocean Program.

http://cafekarina.org/explorer/

We'll be sailing in 11 days with DD9, so I will report back in some way... FWIW, from what research I have done, the 9-11 yr old group is the highest rated. Everyone says that the family going to the AO welcome event on the 1st night is key to a good start.

Archived