Man arrested -Watch your luggage.

TexasAlexus

btw, if i enter the valentine's story contest, does the story have to be true?:p

OK:rolleyes: as long as its not as bad as the essay for Hannah Montanta...Still makes me mad- DH is military and has been to Iraq 3 times

If someone tries to steal my velcro sun visors I am going to be pissed!

Dont think they are going to steal them- I have been on that thread' date=' Now we are all going to wonder what those velcro sun visors have been through and where they have been.:eek:

I kind of like the idea of self assist on debarkation.

The more pax that do it.....The less luggage I have to sort through to find ours.

Me too! 3 kids and my mom, no way we can do self assist!

We've done self-assist twice and it worked out GREAT for us -- no problems at all. Unfortunately, we couldn't do it on the Sensation last month. The cruise director said Port Canaveral wouldn't allow it.

We sailed on the Sensation the end of October and did self-assist. I've never heard of Port Canaveral not allowing it... I wonder if there was some issue and that rule was for your cruise only??

I always do self-assist to get off the boat... I prefer to be able to bypass all the people searching for their luggage after you get off the boat. And I don't want the worry of someone else grabbing my bag by mistake as they leave. I don't ever see anyone checking to see if you have your own bags...

Here's how our morning goes:

We hang out in our stateroom as late as we can... then we head up to the buffet and get ourselves some breakfast... (we find a table and one person sits with our parked luggage... so we don't have to drag it through the buffet line!) then we calmly eat and watch all the people panicking about when they will call their number to get off the boat! If we are still eating when they call our number, no big deal. We don't need to go rushing off anyways... I like to enjoy my last moments on the ship!

I thought it was a ship...not a boat ?? I have only been on a couple of cruises but I have never done the "you schlep it" luggage plan. I have also never had a problem with anything missing. If they convince us all to self-debark what will be next ? ...cook our own food....make up our own cabins ??? I thought this was a relaxing get-away.

If you don't feel like packing the nite before, so now you have to do self assist, can you still stay on the ship after they call self assist? I don't mind carrying the bags, but I don't have any reason to get off the ship early.

well, yes, but you will have to go down the regular ramps. if you want to stay on later, this is the time to put it out instead of self assist.

but i agree with you that the packing on the last night can blow the whole night for you sometimes, depending upon how many people you have to pack for. for me, it's a lot...not just me, so now i try to pack a lot of it early on the last day.

I sort of repack as I go. Anything I know we are done with goes in ziplocks and back in the suitcase. Then we take care of the major packing in the middle of the day while having room service for lunch.

Anything really valuable is in the one carry on we keep and I have insurance, so I won't ruin my vacation with one more thing to worry about. Anyone wants to steal my dirty clothes, go for it!

We sailed on the Sensation the end of October and did self-assist. I've never heard of Port Canaveral not allowing it... I wonder if there was some issue and that rule was for your cruise only??

I always do self-assist to get off the boat... I prefer to be able to bypass all the people searching for their luggage after you get off the boat. And I don't want the worry of someone else grabbing my bag by mistake as they leave. I don't ever see anyone checking to see if you have your own bags...

No, it wasn't just for our cruise. I'd read several comments prior to our cruise from people stating they couldn't self-assist on Sensation. I'd also read that on other dates people were allowed to do it, so it seems to be hit or miss. The cruise director said PC wouldn't allow them to do it -- maybe it depends on certain situations. Who knows? I know we prefer to do self-assist too, and would have done it last month if we could have.

Archived