What time can you go to your room on first day?

I've never had them not let me at least throw my carry-ons in the room around noon when I've boarded. The last time I cruised was before they implemented team room stewards, so that may have changed.

One time a person said, "The rooms aren't ready", I replied "That's OK I'm just going to drop of the bags" and nothing more was said.

I recall seeing a post recently that stated that they closed the fire doors to the section of staterooms that weren't ready. They weren't even allowed to drop off carry on luggage. :confused:

In any case, We've never had our room not be ready when we boarded....early.

I was on the Mariner in June and the fire doors were definitly closed until 1pm. There were employees at each door making sure no one entered. We explained that we just wanted to drop off our stuff but they still wouldn't let us. They said they couldn't ensure the safety of our belongings. Even after we said that we would take this risk they wouldn't let us to our room. We carried our things around with everyone else. This made it difficult getting around the Windjammer with everyone's suitcases. We were still glad we boarded early but in the future I would check more things.

We had a similiar experience when we cruised on Mariner in May. We boarded between 1130 - 12 noon and were told we could not access our cabins until 1 pm. I do remember the fire doors being closed. We went up to the pool deck with carryons, went to the pool bar had a drink to toast our cruise.

There was hardly a soul up there. In fact the only other couple at the pool bar was a couple who were on their honeymoon and were doing back to back. We stayed until shortly after 1 pm and the rooms were indeed ready then.

I would still go early...

Emmy :)

On the Rhapsody at the end of may , the fire doors were closed. We were towards the bow of the ship and found one door open on the opposit side and went in, around the bow, and dropped our stuff off and back out the same door. If you look hard enough you may find one open or not so well guarded. :D

On the Explorer a few weeks ago.. started boarding procedure as I usually do around 11:30, and got to cabin at 12:00 Noon (Diamond membership helps).

Team stewards said the was room not quite ready, but not a problem for us to drop off carryons and head to the Windjammer.

I don't think getting to the cabin 'tween 12-12:30 will present a problem; and if nothing else, you'll be where you most want to be right then: ON THE SHIP!! :p

Archived