When do RCCL docs arrive?

JoanneF

Did you book directly with RC or with a TA? If you booked thru a TA...call them and find out what's going on. I think the docs get sent to them first and then they send it on to you. Our last couple of cruises, we have booked directly thru RC and have gotten our docs about 6 weeks out.

RCCL changed to electronic documents as of the first of the year. You need to go online and fill out all of your sailpass info and then print it out. That is your boarding pass. Baggage folks at the port will have the appropriate luggage tags.

RCCL changed to electronic documents as of the first of the year. You need to go online and fill out all of your sailpass info and then print it out. That is your boarding pass. Baggage folks at the port will have the appropriate luggage tags.

RCI now gives a CHOICE on how you would like to receive your cruise documents. There is a space to check off your preference in the "my cruises" section of the RCI website.

The set sail pass and cruise documents are not one in the same....

If you book directly with RCI, the default is electronic documents. However, since time is short, and if you booked directly with RCI, you can call a RCI cruise advisor and ask the paper docs be mailed to you , and you should get them is approx 1 week after requesting them . I personally prefer the paper docs so you can attach the RCI luggage tags to your bags prior to leaving home. I always reinforce them with clear packing tape, bc the luggage handlers have torn off the tags several times before, then you have to go looking for them onboard. If you booked with a TA, I don't know.....good luck and happy cruising.:)

This is our first RCCL cruise on 2/14/08. When are docs received? It's 4 weeks from today and we have not received anything yet. Any ideas when we might get them?

Joanne

Our last RCI cruise we received our E-Docs (booked through RCI) 7 weeks in advance.

I did the Set SAil Pass online and printed it out. What other docs do we need and where to find them?

First time on RCI so don't know.

Thanks bunches!

Winnie

The Set Sail pass and your Passport are needed at the Port to check in and get your Sea Pass Card (your credit card and cabin key onboard). The paper cruise documents are actually a small book with your Itinerary, Cabin number, rules and regs, descriptions of shore excursions at each port, and luggage tags. With e-documents you instead can print the docs online or get everything emailed to you except for the luggage tags, which you will pick up at the Port with the curbside porters. Again, I prefer the mailed paper docs. Hope you have a great trip!

Does RCI have your email address? Call RCI explain your situation and ask them to email your E-Docs. You don't need them for boarding, but some people like to read all the information that are in the E-Docs. You could ask RCI to mail you luggage tags or you can get them from the porter at the pier. You should verify that all the information is correct on the E-Docs, especially spelling of names. Call RCI if changes need to be made, before leaving home.

On the other hand...if you booked through a travel agency, then call your agent, because they should have your docs or E-Docs by now. Agents are still able to ask RCI for either one.

Many cruise lines are saving money by sending E-Docs. It's also an easier way for them to make changes to reservations and resend the new E-Docs, instead of printing paper documents.

Archived