I must be doing something wrong?

Dee777

We just got off the Valor last Sunday, and now we are wanting to do a Panama Canal cruise. I have been trying to see what Carnival offers for that particular destination, but am coming up with... nothing? This can't be! What am I doing wrong??? Thanks!

Dee

We just got off the Valor last Sunday, and now we are wanting to do a Panama Canal cruise. I have been trying to see what Carnival offers for that particular destination, but am coming up with... nothing? This can't be! What am I doing wrong??? Thanks!

Dee

I went to Carnival's site and did a search, leaving everything off but the destination. The only thing that came up was a cruise on March 22, 2009 on the Pride.

Terri

hI, i WENT TO THE CARNIVAL HOME PAGE, DID A SEARCH FOR PANAMA CANAL AND CAME UP WITH ONE CRUISE. it's on the Pride, starting in LA. March 2009.

Sorry about the caps!

We went to panama on a RCCL ship. It wasn't a 14 day cruise, and cost much less. But the 14 day cruise sure looks good to me.

Good Luck.

Holy moly. Thanks, everyone!

I had checked Carnival's site too, and was coming up with the only one which was in March '09, and I thought maybe it was just ME. I kinda thought they would be doing them more regularly... will perhaps check out other cruise lines. I am a little leery about that though, as we've only had one cruise (last week!) on Carnival, with no one else, and we really aren't hoity toity people, don't want to get stuck on a ship we won't feel comfortable on!

You'll have more luck looking at Princess, HAL, NCL, or Celebrity than Carnival for a canal crossing. Carnival has so many ships they can dedicate them to East Coast/West Coast and don't have to move them through as much between seasons as the others. The new/big ships won't fit through anyway - like the Splendor, doing 49 days around the horn from Ft lauderdale to San Francisco, now that's a trip! I couldn't make that one this year but I'm hoping the Dream or Magic will do that when they come on line.

RCL's Brilliance of the Seas does a 10 and 11 day Panama Canal cruise that goes through the first set of locks into Lake Gatun and then in the afternoon turns around and goes back out. It is round trip from Miami. And it's sister ship Jewel will be taking over the itinerary in 2009

It was an amazing experience. If you would like to see pictures click on the link in my signature for the Brilliance.

I had checked Carnival's site too, and was coming up with the only one which was in March '09, and I thought maybe it was just ME. I kinda thought they would be doing them more regularly... will perhaps check out other cruise lines. I am a little leery about that though, as we've only had one cruise (last week!) on Carnival, with no one else, and we really aren't hoity toity people, don't want to get stuck on a ship we won't feel comfortable on!

We travel either carnival or royal caribbean. Both lines are really nice and have their pros and cons. I would suggest this to you. Keep in mind that "the longer the cruise the older the average age of the passengers get."

We are not hoity toity either. The 12 day cruise on RCCL was not a whole lot of fun because the age of most of the passengers was way higher than ours. It was a little hoity toity as you put it. But we have gone on 7 day crusies with RCCL and had an absolute blast!! Now before I get blasted, I got this information directly from a cruise ship employee, and we found it to be true. However that is not to say that any one age group is more hoity toity than another.

Do you want to go to the Canal, or through the Canal?

The Freedom visits: http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=FLL&itinCode=WCT&groupInd=&shipCode=FD&durDays=8&subRegionCode=CW

as does the Liberty:

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=FLL&itinCode=WCT&groupInd=&shipCode=LI&durDays=8&subRegionCode=CW

Probably others as well.

Keep in mind that "the longer the cruise the older the average age of the passengers get."

Now before I get blasted, I got this information directly from a cruise ship employee, and we found it to be true. However that is not to say that any one age group is more hoity toity than another.

Well, it makes sense. How many non-retirees can (comfortably) take an extended (more than 1 week) vacation from work?

No blasts here! :D

We went TO Panama on Liberty and took Carnival's excursion where we took a ferry through the canal. It was awesome. It was an 8 day cruise. If you don't want to wait till 2009 and want to stick with Carnival, you'll certainly get your fill of the canal with this excursion.

Archived