Kayaking Puerto Rico

wpas

I'm looking into the Rainforest/Biobay tour with Kayaking Puerto Rico. Has anyone had any experience with them, or been on a tour to the rainforest or biobay. Any comments or information would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

They are a great company with nice equipment. They are very friendly and have an amazing tour - DO NOT miss it! We've been to PR many times and kayak every time. It's just as incredible as the first time we saw it. The "glowing" is the neatest thing - very difficult to describe - you have to see it for yourself. Give Percy at kayakingpuertorico a call. You'll have a great experience!

We used Las Tortugas, but it seemed all the companies at Las Croabas where we did the bio bay had similar equipment. I think any of them would be fine. I think the bio bay trip is a MUST SEE as long as there isn't much moonlight and you can ask the company since they keep track of which days would be best.

Jenn

Thanks for your help. We booked the Rainforest/Biobay tour, I wanted to see both and they appear to be near each other. It'll be a long day, but I think well worth it. We can always sleep in the next day.

The rainforest/bio bay day is a great idea. Everytime in PR we set aside a day just for this. We get up early and drive to the rainforest. Hike to La Mina Falls for a refreshing swim. If you go in the morning, it will be much less crowded. Relax on the Luquillo Beach for a few hours, the drive out to the kayak site. It's a great day! The roads are all well-marked and it's very easy to rent a car and drive yourself. The new toll road is very nice. Don't be discouraged if there will be some moon. We usually go when there is no moon, but last month when we went, the moon was almost full. We couldn't believe how well we could still see the "glow".

JaySantos,

Why were you expectations not met? We plan on going regardless, but it's nice to hear others opinions before we go. (Not that that will stop us from going.) That way if we experience the same thing we will not be disappointed, but prepared.

Thanks

I think it is in people's expectations. If you look on the Bio-Bay web sites and see the glowing waters, you might think it actually looks all green-glowing-like.

This is special effect photography.

The bay is actually like little sparkles when disturbed. You get enough sparkles and it is very beautiful, but not glowing in the dark!

I did a review of my experiences using Las Tortugas (but all of the kayak companies are very similar). This might give people are realidea of what happens on the trip:

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/2007/04/07/bio-bay-in-fajardo-by-kayak-or-boat-a-glowing-experience/

Archived