What happens if you don't get docs?

PlaneJoy

Hi again!

I posted a couple of days ago that we have received our docs yet for our Sept 27th cruise. Well, at the moment they haven't been found so I'm curious what will happen if we never recieved them. Is there a "will call" or something similar?

We booked pretty close in, and then upgraded about a month ago. Maybe this has delayed our docs?

Thanks for your help!

-joy

There is a separate line for people w/o docs. Simply provide your photo ID/whatever ID you were going to use for the cruise/your invoice. After that, it's a simple process. Sort of like an e-ticket you use on an airline. Just fill out your docs. You're done.

You'll probably be just one of a couple dozen.

I don't mean to be the grim reaper here but.............

Assume nothing! Its all PROBABLY FINE..........but call Carnival (Not your TA) and make sure you are payed in full. If you are not they WILL NOT send out your Doc's. Or at least their not supposed to. (Even if you DID pay in full and someone didn't record it then you may have well not paid) Double and Triple ck!

I speak from personal experience.......assume nothing, those tickets don't mean jack!

I've done this a bunch of times, on a bunch of different cruise lines, no big deal (except for NCL, who quite frankly I won't sail again because of the nightmare I had booking and getting onboard, one disaster after another)

When you drop off your bags in front of the building there should be someone checking names off a list. Your party's name(s) will be on that. Then, as soon as you enter the Carnival building, before the security line, there is a desk for people to pick up tickets (a "will call" window so to speak) Show your ID, they get your tickets. This is the same desk for people with special needs so there can be a bit of a wait (10 minutes) if there is even just a couple of people in front of you.

Now, before you even pass security there are tables for you to fill in all the forms you need to. If you haven't done the funpass registration online please take the time to fill them in before you go through security and get into the line. Takes a while to fill in all those forms, and frankly it's just plain rude to get in line and get to the desk and make all the people behind you wait for you to finish.

Make sure you have your booking number handy (carnival's, not just your TA's) and have your travel agent's telephone number (and a charged cell phone) handy in case there's some confusion.

Hi again!

I posted a couple of days ago that we have received our docs yet for our Sept 27th cruise. Well, at the moment they haven't been found so I'm curious what will happen if we never recieved them. Is there a "will call" or something similar?

We booked pretty close in, and then upgraded about a month ago. Maybe this has delayed our docs?

Thanks for your help!

-joy

Well what happens is you goto cruisiecritic forums, and search for one of the 300 other posts about not getting docs, they read along the lines of "dont worry they will be at the pier". Dont need to post a new thread for it:D

Archived