Sleep Inn Dania 01/09/08

Bob and Linda

We were a group of 4 that stayed at the Sleep Inn, Dania precruise. After finding our luggage we called for pick-up at the airport. We had to call twice as the driver drove by us. Total wait about 45 minutes. On arrival signed up for 11:00AM transport to cruise port.We were given room # 315. The room had a stange smell. We checked the bedding and bathroom. Bedding was fine except for some dried blood on one of the bedspreads(we removed it). Bathroom was clean and had no mold/mildew odors. I don't know who did what on the sofa sleeper but it had some nasty looking stains on it.

The Walgreens next door was very handy. We had lunch at the Italian Restaurant across the street and purchased wine at Publix. We returned to the room the smell had faded but we used some airfreshner anyway. Then a long walk to the boardwalk downtown. Very nice area with lots of friendly people. Because of the distance we took a taxi back. We ate at the Italian Restaurant again and it was excellent! The pool area very clean and the hot tub was great! The free breakfast was very nice except for a very unfriendly lady that was restocking and cleaning the area. The ride to the cruise port was on time and dropped us where we requested.

This review is my opinion only. I did this as I really appreciated reading all the reviews and info others have posted. I would stay there again.

Bob and Linda,

We will be staying there on Feb 10th. Sounds like a decent place to spend one night. Did you happen to notice about how far of a walk it was to the beach. The hotel says its about 1 mile? When you say downtown, is that the beach area?

Thanks.

The Sleep Inn does charge for parking.

Yes what I called the downtown and beach are the same thing (or were to us). If you cross the street at Walgreen's and head East you will run right into the boardwalk. A nice sidewalk all the way on the South side. It seemed like more than 1.3 miles. It's a very nice area to spend the afternoon. My wife and daughter in-law loved it. The taxi ride back was very reasonable.

The lunch special at the Italian Restaurant was a cheeseburger plate. It was good enough to return for dinner. Everyone ordered something different and it was all excellent. The Italian, Mexican and Chinese Restaurants were all busy and the food looked good. It was handy being able to get the wine at Publix. If you buy 4 bottles they will give you a nice carry bag. The Walgreens is right across the parking lot and was very handy for picking up a few forgotten items. The hot tub was great to soak sore feet in.

Archived