HAL embarkation in Venice

kdowneymd

We will be sailing on the Zuiderdam in July. The web site states that boarding typically begins at 11:30 AM. We want to quickly check in and then return to sight-seeing and check out the ship later in the afternoon/evening. My question is typically how quick is check-in (forms already completed on-line) do you need to go to a separate line to be photographed adding to the time and is muster the first day or just before sailing (we spend a night in Venice on the ship prior to sailing) Thank-you

Have you booked your hotel for Venice? If so, would you mind sharing where you booked? I am just starting to research hotels in Venice-we will be spending one night post cruise in July. Probably getting off when you are getting on!

Paula

Yes, several months ago I was able to book one night at the Westin Regina using Starpoints. I was unable to get a night on our return july 19. I was able to book a night at the Hilton Stucky using Hilton points. Hotels in Venice are very expensive. The week-end of July 19 is a poopular week-end in Venice because on Sunday there is a huge procession of boats/gondolas that line up across the canal so that people actually try to walk from boat to boat and on Saturday night, fireworks. The is a Venetian tradition for more than one hundred years.

Archived