Glory Dining Rooms

edfox71

We are going on the Glory on 11/22/2008 and I'm wondering what is the best dining room and location of table. There will be a group of 9 of us dining together, 6 adults and 3 young children who, hopefully, will not be dining with us ever night. Also, does any one know what they will do for Thanksgiving and if they do anything special for B-days? We will be celebrating both on the same day.

We are going on the Glory on 11/22/2008 and I'm wondering what is the best dining room and location of table. There will be a group of 9 of us dining together, 6 adults and 3 young children who, hopefully, will not be dining with us ever night. Also, does any one know what they will do for Thanksgiving and if they do anything special for B-days? We will be celebrating both on the same day.

I am not sure that you will be able to request a specific dining room or table location, but it wouldn't hurt to try...The worst that could happen is they tell you no.

Good luck...

do anything special for B-days?

I've ate in both dining rooms and it really made no difference at all to me. As the previous poster mentioned, it'll be assigned and listed on your sail-n-sign. For B-days, they sing and bring you a cake if you made note on your booking.

Make sure your bookings are linked or you could end up with different dining times and tables (and even when they're linked I've read of things not being arranged right).

Also, I thought that birthday's were only celebrated if you pay for the cake, they don't offer it for free anymore (at least that's what I've heard)

As far as special Thanksgiving, I've never sailed at this time but most posts that I've read say it isn't very different from any other dinner. They do offer turkey and dressing, and maybe it's different from the turkey and dressing that's offered at some point on every cruise I've ever been on.

Just off the Glory. In the Platinum dining room on the lower level there were several round tables seating for 10.

I also agree you do have to pay for birthday cakes now.

We were on a Princess cruise to Hawaii a couple of years ago. Turkey was served along with several other entrees. So not different from any other night.

If you request early seating make sure you check your boarding card right away. Lots of mistakes were made on our cruise and several people that requested early seating were given 8:00 seating.

Lynn

Archived