Solo is the way to go

dnice1979

I was a solo virgin that is until I went on first cruise last month. I must say that I was intially shy and little nervous but after a while I started striking converations up with people and before you know it was like I was the life of the party.

I left the boat with so many new friends I am planning on meeeting up with those same people on the Destiny this coming December.

I partied like a rock star.

I just got back last week from my first solo voyage and it was the BEST thing I've ever done for myself in my whole life. I loved every minute of it. My DH and I are sailing together in May, but I hope to solo once a year.

I was a solo virgin that is until I went on first cruise last month. I must say that I was intially shy and little nervous but after a while I started striking converations up with people and before you know it was like I was the life of the party.

I left the boat with so many new friends I am planning on meeeting up with those same people on the Destiny this coming December.

I partied like a rock star.

Wow! Another solo cruiser. Isn't it great???

I just got back last week from my first solo voyage and it was the BEST thing I've ever done for myself in my whole life. I loved every minute of it. My DH and I are sailing together in May, but I hope to solo once a year.

Hi darlipoo,

I feel asleep and missed our meet and greet. By time I got up there no one was around.

Had a wonderful time and can't wait until I can go again.

Everything about the elation was GREAT!

I am hoping to go again next jan.

Bonnie

I love reading these posts. I'm booked on my first solo next January. Every time I start to have a moment of uncertainty, I know I can come here and read about everyone's great experience cruising solo. Actually my only real fear is dinner. I can do the buffet and room service if I get really unnerved by dining with strangers, but I would hate to miss out on the dining room experience completely. Oh well, there's always lunch. LOL.

I have ended all my frustrations with eating on cruises. First of all, I probably am one of the few who actually HATES to get dressed up to eat. To eliminate the stress of it all, I eat all my meals in the Windjammer. Unfortunately, this last cruise was a big letdown! The food was so-so and not too many selections that I liked or could tell what it was for that matter. I am NOT a picky eater, but am ready to change cruise lines to experience food that I can recognize at least. So...I am perusing the Internet and CC to find what I am looking for in my next solo cruise.

Lois>>>great itinerary for your 50th! Have a wonderful birthday!

I love reading these posts. I'm booked on my first solo next January. Every time I start to have a moment of uncertainty, I know I can come here and read about everyone's great experience cruising solo. Actually my only real fear is dinner. I can do the buffet and room service if I get really unnerved by dining with strangers, but I would hate to miss out on the dining room experience completely. Oh well, there's always lunch. LOL.

Actually dinner was something that I was looking forward to. In fact it was such a coincidence that one of the girls that I had been talking to under our roll call did not show up at our meet and greet but low and behold she was sitting at my table.

Also all the people who were at my table were traveling by themselves. So that made for interesting conversation. In fact they were looking forward to every evening hearing my stories of my day. What a blast I had.

On my destiny cruise in December I won't be solo because majority of all the friends I met on my first cruise will be on this one.

I have ended all my frustrations with eating on cruises. First of all, I probably am one of the few who actually HATES to get dressed up to eat. To eliminate the stress of it all, I eat all my meals in the Windjammer. Unfortunately, this last cruise was a big letdown! The food was so-so and not too many selections that I liked or could tell what it was for that matter. I am NOT a picky eater, but am ready to change cruise lines to experience food that I can recognize at least. So...I am perusing the Internet and CC to find what I am looking for in my next solo cruise.

Lois>>>great itinerary for your 50th! Have a wonderful birthday!

I love to get all dolled up I spent $273.00 on pictures I bought 3 one time use cameras and I had my digital camera with about 200 pics on it

I am a picky eater though I tried a lot of new dishes and was very pleased. I hope I have the same results in December

Hey there, Rock Star!:D Welcome to the Solo Club. Cruising solo really spoils you, doesn't it? Glad you had fun.

Well thank you,

I really wish that I could cruise more but then single supplement prevents me from doing so.

Site too slowwwwwwwwwwww to "quote"

Yellowbird: I went on the 5 day Elation Jan 12. Loved it.

Bonnie: I am so sorry I missed you. I was 10 minutes late but found out that the room that our group picked was being used for High Tea . As a total coincedence, when I boarded the ship I had to go change my dinner reservation. I ended up at the same table as Bob and Charlie from our Roll Call! What were the chances of that happening.? Charlie and I saw each other all over the ship almost every day plus eating dinner together. I haven't heard a word from them since so I think they went into hibernation! I'm glad you had such a good time also. My DH and I are going to try the 4 day on May 8 with his new wheelchair. Hoping that works out. But I'd love to solo once a year also.

Again, sorry I didn't get to meet you.

Darlene

I too, found out I love sailing solo but what is even better is go with a CC Group. That way you are in your own cabin but also with a group. You can do things with the group and if not you will at least see familiar faces.

Going solo is the best!:)

I too, found out I love sailing solo but what is even better is go with a CC Group. That way you are in your own cabin but also with a group. You can do things with the group and if not you will at least see familiar faces.

Going solo is the best!:)

I enjoy cruising solo mainly because I prefer to have my own space...unless I'm cruising with my DD. I'm taking my first CC group cruise (going solo) in October and based on the posts I've read from fellow cruisers, looks like I'll be cruising with a really fun group of people. I have a feeling my future solo cruises will be with a CC group.

Letscruisegd, looks like we will be cruising at the same time, just different ships. Doesn't the Destiny also do the Southern Caribbean?

The Destiny is doing the Southern Caribbean right now. I took that cruise on the Destiny in January '07. It will be moving to Miami later this year to do the Eastern and Western Caribbean. This will be my first B2B and I can hardly wait.

• 2 weeks later...

I am gonna take the solo plunge too Feb 28th! I am honestly really looking

forward doing my own thing!!! There seems to be a couple big groups booked so I am sure to run into a bunch of fun folks :)

I'll report back afterwards!

Archived