help.. 4 people & a balcony

OneAnnM19608

I am interested in a Carnvial Cruise, there are 4 of us (2 adults,2 kids), we would prefer 1 cabin, and a balcony (if possible)...

What ship and cabin would you recommend?

I am open to itinerary, where to cruise out of, but would prefer a 7+day cruise...

Thanks

Andrea

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if you would be interested in an alternative, but this coming 7-night cruise on the Legend we are trying a balcony cabin w/an adjoining inside cabin for our two kids. It's kind of like a balcony cabin w/an extra bedroom, bathroom, tv. Very front of the ship. We've always sailed 4 to a cabin when we had our kids along, but now that they are teens it gets pretty tricky with us getting up early, them sleeping late and an extra bathroom is a Godsend! I think this type of cabin set-up may only be on spirit-class ships, not sure.

FrannyK

Costa Riviera 1985

NCL Seaward 1987

CCL Fantasy 1/2000

CCL Sensation 2/2001

CCL Imagination 1/2002

RCI Explorer 6/2002

RCI Monarch 4/2003

CCL Sensation 2/2004

CCL Imagination 2/2006

CCL Liberty Thanksgiving/2006

CCL Legend 7/08

Hi Andrea,

All of the larger ships (Victory, Valor, Glory, Legend, Miracle, Liberty, etc.) have cabins that will accommodate 4...the key word would be comfortably! You did not mention the ages of your sons, or when you would like to cruise. If they are older (teens), you might consider putting them in an interior cabin across the hall from your balcony. (If they are under 18, you will have to have 1 adult/parent assigned to each room for legal reasons - but once onboard, they don't care if you switch.) If they are younger, I would DEFINATELY keep them in your room with you! Another idea would be to search for an extended balcony cabin which is available on some ships, they give you a little more space. The cabins that hold 4 are really quite nice though. The sofa converts to a bed and there's a drop down birth for the 4th passenger. It CAN get a little cramped if you don't stay organized... especially when everyone is wanting the bathroom and changing for dinner at the same time.

Have you called Carnival and spoken to any of the PVP's yet? I have booked most of my cruises directly thru them and they are more than helpful. Also, I have been on several CCL ships and they are ALL great!! Each has it's own theme and is literally a "floating city"! No matter what you finally go with...I'm sure you will have the vacation of a lifetime. Please let us know what you decide and write a review when you return.

Oops...I forgot about the balcony cabin that has a connecting interior cabin at the very Bow of the Legend! Franny had an excellent idea there! This would be like getting a 2 bed/2bath cabin...and all would still have access to the use of your balcony too.

We shared a balcony room with the 2 kids on one cruise (RCL). It was good because we had an extended balcony. The only thing was in the room that we were in the 3rd and 4th person had to sleep on the pullout couch which wasn't that comfortable. On another cruise we stayed in a cabin that had the bunks that came down from the wall. They were much more comfortable. If you decide to share a room with 4 people I'd go for a room with the bunks instead of a pullout.

• 3 weeks later...

We have traveled several times with 4 of us in the cabin. Three times on Holland America in a Verandah room. The couch pulls out to a single bed and there is a drop down above the head of the K/Queen bed. We are a close family so it wasn't awful. But my trick was; before dinner I would go to the spa bathroom (open to all; although I purchased a week-long spa pool usage package finally the last trip and would make my visit to the spa pool before dinner each night) and shower and get ready. Very calm and plenty of room. Wonderful light for make-up; better than the room bathroom. The little fold out couch/bed was nice at night when the teenager would stay up late and write or read because it had a curtain, but in the AM we would sometimes crawl over her to get out on the the balcony for AM coffee. We stayed organized with over-the-door organizers and had a wonderful trip!

Archived