Carnival went above and beyond

lafayettedvm

we were booked on sensation for 1-17-08. we arrived at the airport to find out that our flights were canceled through atlanta. delta failed to inform anyone on the roster that this had happened. several of the passengers had set up for email, text alerts etc. delta could not get us to port canaveral or to the first port of call before the ship left. they could not book us on another airline either. i called carnival to inform them of the problem. i wanted them to have the opportunity to rebook the room. since this was not carnival's fault, i expected to loose my money b/c i did not buy insurance.

carnival people were very sympathetic. they worked with me, and they rebooked us to leave out of new orleans (our home port) on the same day. they did not charge us any extra, and we got a 1 day longer cruise and upgraded from inside cabin to ocean view.

thanks carnival!!!

Thanks for posting about this. I'm sure it happens more often than we know.

All too often we hear about folks who figure that Carnival got the best of them or owes them something because the weather was bad or their next door neighbor on board ship was obnoxious.

Carnival has a heart and wonderful sense of fair play. That's one of the myriad reasons that I sail with Carnival.

carnival people were very sympathetic. they worked with me, and they rebooked us to leave out of new orleans (our home port) on the same day. they did not charge us any extra, and we got a 1 day longer cruise and upgraded from inside cabin to ocean view.

thanks carnival!!!

AND they arranged for all those folks to parade around in their bathrobes for you, too!!!:D :)

Thank you OP for your post. I always sail with Carnival- because of the service I have been given. I have a PVP and I have just come into some really difficult situations within the last month. My truck was broken into 2 days before Christmas, I still have a huge bandaid on the window- and my truck conked out on me in rush hour traffic due to- a busted water pump, thermostat, and radiator hose.

I am scheduled to cruise for my birthday March 13 on the sensation with my son who will be celebrating his birthday April 4- mine is March 3...This was my present to him- I of course called Carnival crying informing them I needed to cancel my cruise to repair my vehicle.

She was very very kind, and listened to me, and told me not to cancel that they would give me some extra time to make my final payment. I am praying that when I get my taxes done, something of my refund comes back soon so I can do just that- if not and Carnival has to cancel my booking- I will just re-book...

But- I just wanted to say- Carnival is tops in my book..I love the service....

-tahiti

They didn't become the largest and most popular cruise line on earth by providing poor customer service. I have always received great service both on and off the ship. By doing things like this is how they get repeat customers. It's nice to hear good things for a change, most of the time you only hear the negatives...and thats too bad.

we were booked on sensation for 1-17-08. we arrived at the airport to find out that our flights were canceled through atlanta. delta failed to inform anyone on the roster that this had happened. several of the passengers had set up for email, text alerts etc. delta could not get us to port canaveral or to the first port of call before the ship left. they could not book us on another airline either. i called carnival to inform them of the problem. i wanted them to have the opportunity to rebook the room. since this was not carnival's fault, i expected to loose my money b/c i did not buy insurance.

thanks carnival!!!

So what happens/happened to the airfare?:confused:

thanks carnival!!!

I am so glad to hear that you made it - at least on a cruise. Not ours, but at least one. We had a wonderful cruise on the Sensation. Great service - great food. Sorry you missed it, but I am glad that you got an upgrade plus an extra day!!!!

Julie

My sister missed a cruise due to cancelled flight too - Carnival got them on another ship also. I was impressed then & I'm really impressed now. I think in the long run though, they don't want to loose your onboard dollars so if there is room on another ship - why not get you on?

I'm so glad this worked out so well for you. I remember when you posted that your flight was cancelled and you didn't think you were going to go on a cruise. Carnival really stepped up on this one, I don't think the other cruise lines would have done as much.

Terri

So what happens/happened to the airfare?:confused:

delta originally told they would only give a rain check...no pun intended! i asked for my $$ back. so, when i was able to rebook, we just hung up the phone.

upon returning, i called delta, and they are issueing a check to my cc company who will then reinstate my miles.

Just wondering, did you book your flight through Carnival too? Sorry if that was in there and I missed it.

I have one connection in Houston next week. I hope that the weather cooperates but I am headed out two days early just in case. :)

That's awesome! i'm so glad that Carnival worked with you. Sounds like a win win to me - you were able to go on your cruise, and they filled a cabin that would have been otherwise empty, and gained a customer for life.

Carnival probably does this more offend then you hear. My parents are booked on a cruise in April. My mother is on dialysis, now on a kidney transplant list. Even if she gets insurance it will not cover her if she is called to get a new kidney.

So all her money would be lost.. Well I called my PVP which is now their PVP. He said they would put the money toward a future cruise if that happens.. Even though they never got insurance for theire cruise..

Now they don't have to worry about losing all their money. And yes I looked in to insurance and it does cover people that are on a kidney transplant list.

Carnival does work with people....

Archived