Is there a big difference in Cat. JS vs. D1....

klfhngr

You say you are a gold member, how many times have you sailed? let's say for you sailed once in a regular room 7day cruise, you would then now have 1 point towards the loyalty program, your JS will now give you 2 more so you will have a total of 3, when you hit 5 then you become platinum where the nice benefits start, including a discount for just booking a balcony (dependent on the length of the cruise) free robes for use during the cruise, extra party, and so on. The next level is Diamond at 10 points.

I see! Only done one RCCL, 14 other cruises with other lines.. bummer... No concierge? Or is that for the larger suites?

I am so depressed. Since we have three in an E1 on the Navigator, I'm assuming we'll be staying in....let's see; something the size of a broom closet? I don't know what to do! I am a little confused, though, since I just talked with a very close, well traveled friend who said their family of three sailed in an inside last year on RCI and were actually fine.

Everyone cannot afford a JS, and I'm sure it's a necessity for some and a luxury for others, but I am wondering how the population of non-JS'rs seem to still have fun with these descriptions I'm seeing of D1's, E1's, OV's, insides, etc. To the OP, I think the upgrade for you is a good idea, but for those who really have a particular budget, my point is, a JS may not be an option.

Listen don't fret and have a great cruise. Some peole come accross rude some times. If you had moeny sure spend away. If you don't worry not. You generally spend very little time in your cabin. Be positve and have a great CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!

I see! Only done one RCCL, 14 other cruises with other lines.. bummer... No concierge? Or is that for the larger suites?

No concierge until larger suites or you sail a few more times in a JS (2 points) and then you get to have Diamond/conceirge lounge.:D

I am so depressed. Since we have three in an E1 on the Navigator, I'm assuming we'll be staying in....let's see; something the size of a broom closet? I don't know what to do! I am a little confused, though, since I just talked with a very close, well traveled friend who said their family of three sailed in an inside last year on RCI and were actually fine.

Everyone cannot afford a JS, and I'm sure it's a necessity for some and a luxury for others, but I am wondering how the population of non-JS'rs seem to still have fun with these descriptions I'm seeing of D1's, E1's, OV's, insides, etc. To the OP, I think the upgrade for you is a good idea, but for those who really have a particular budget, my point is, a JS may not be an option.

No need to be depressed.:) Despite what one poster may think, you won't be in a room the size of a broom closet and plenty of passengers are more than content in rooms in categories lower than a JS.:rolleyes: Some people just can't imagine anyone doing things any way but the way that they do them which probably reveals a lack of imagination on their part.;) On the Navigator, E1 staterooms are 162 sq. ft. with 42 sq. ft balconies (a lot larger than any broom closet I am acquainted with). Certainly a JS is larger (277 sq.ft with a 69 ft. balcony), but having stayed in interior rooms that were less than 130 sq.ft. when necessary and fully enjoyed our cruise, I wouldn't be at all disappointed in such a cabin. We are on Legend of the Seas in a few weeks and managed to get upgraded from a D1 near the back of the ship to a JS midships and are thrilled but we would have been happy with the room we originally booked, if the upgrade wasn't available. I agree that the OP should probably jump at the opportunity to upgrade especially since there are four people in his or her party and the extra room will help make them more comfortable, but for those whose budget doesn't permit an upgrade, they needn't worry.

The extra cruise credit is also a nice benefit if one is trying to reach a higher level in C&A.

No swedish nanny...lol. No concierge. :p

But you will get to use the priority embarkation...which has always been worth it's weight in gold to us. There is a normal line and then there is the "Suite Passengers" line to get on the ship.

Now that's not saying that the normal line will be hours long. But I have gone in a priority embarkation line that was terminal sidewalk to ship in 10 minutes or less. :D Nice way to start a cruise.

No swedish nanny...lol. No concierge. :p

But you will get to use the priority embarkation...which has always been worth it's weight in gold to us. There is a normal line and then there is the "Suite Passengers" line to get on the ship.

Now that's not saying that the normal line will be hours long. But I have gone in a priority embarkation line that was terminal sidewalk to ship in 10 minutes or less. :D Nice way to start a cruise.

Bummer to S.N. and Conc.! ;)

Wonder if the rest of our group will be angry when I see ya at embarkation! Oh well, that's their problem!

Bummer to S.N. and Conc.! ;)

Wonder if the rest of our group will be angry when I see ya at embarkation! Oh well, that's their problem!

Scroll up to "Karina's" post a few up and look @ her Enchantment of the seas pics.. Click in the center to skip reading and see pics. Then scroll to the bottom were it says Aft JS # 7166 and take a look both inside and out. GREAT PICS !! These two ships are both Vision class ships so should be VERY close to each other !! Enjoy !!

Scroll up to "Karina's" post a few up and look @ her Enchantment of the seas pics.. Click in the center to skip reading and see pics. Then scroll to the bottom were it says Aft JS # 7166 and take a look both inside and out. GREAT PICS !! These two ships are both Vision class ships so should be VERY close to each other !! Enjoy !!

Thanks Mr.!!

I think moving up to JS with four in the cabin is a good idea for the extra room and storage space. However, the D1 is considerably larger than a walk-in closet (unless you are a "princess" and live in a palace!) and I think you would manage just fine. Certainly the D1 is perfect IMO for two passengers. Have a great time on your cruise!

I've been researching like crazy!! Thanks again guys.. There will be 4 of us... I think if it was just two of us, I'd stick with the D1, then again, how much time are we going to spend in the cabin. We do like to entertain, so this is also a reason to get the JS.. Then again, $500 is $500! Appreciate all of your comments, sorry for being a nag! I have 15 more minutes, I'll be watching closely for any new posts!

I think u should read the thread on aft or hump cabin, it is very interesting. Things such as too hot on the aft, infrastructure, pole in the room, wake being too loud, long walk etc etc.

don't knock the aft until you try it , it is WONDERFUL despite some drawbacks. I don't think Vision has the infastructure that is a Voyager and Freedom class issue, and I had an aft for the Panama Canal 93 degrees and high humidity and it was beautiful on the balcony. The longer walk is great for working off some of the calories.

Sorry, but none of those things apply to aft on a Vision class. We;ve been in them, not based on a thread that is probably about other classes.

Never been too hot for us, there's no pole in Vision class, only corner aft on Voyager class, No noise even below the Windjammer, The walk is only long if you're too lazy to walk a hundred yards or have physical problems,

It's almost straight down to the wake on Vision class.

Need to pay attention to what class they're talking about.

I'll answer any specific questions.

don't knock the aft until you try it , it is WONDERFUL despite some drawbacks. I don't think Vision has the infastructure that is a Voyager and Freedom class issue, and I had an aft for the Panama Canal 93 degrees and high humidity and it was beautiful on the balcony.

You go girlfriend!

[quote name='mr jailerman']Scroll up to "Karina's" post a few up and look @ her Enchantment of the seas pics.. Click in the center to skip reading and see pics. Then scroll to the bottom were it says Aft JS # 7166 and take a look both inside and out. GREAT PICS !! These two ships are both Vision class ships so should be VERY close to each other !! Enjoy !![/QUOTE]

I don't see any pix in Karinas post....

[quote name='PaulWN']Sorry, but none of those things apply to aft on a Vision class. We;ve been in them, not based on a thread that is probably about other classes.

Never been too hot for us, there's no pole in Vision class, only corner aft on Voyager class, No noise even below the Windjammer, The walk is only long if you're too lazy to walk a hundred yards or have physical problems,
It's almost straight down to the wake on Vision class.

Need to pay attention to what class they're talking about.

I'll answer any specific questions.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Paul...

[quote name='klfhngr']Bummer to S.N. and Conc.! ;)

Wonder if the rest of our group will be angry when I see ya at embarkation! Oh well, that's their problem![/quote]

Just tell the rest of the group that you'll get onboard first, save some deck chairs and have the drinks waiting for them ;) Maybe they'll forgive you...lol

[quote name='louanne93']I also thought the subject was moving from a D1 AFT to a JS AFT. So "AFT" was never the question. It was the size of a broom closet that was the question. Just kidding;)[/quote]

Having worked in a broom closet (literally - they took a janitors closet and converted it to an office that two of us shared, we couldn't even close the door if both of us were at our desks), I can tell you that even the smallest inside on RCCL (Sovereign class) is larger than a broom closet.:p

[quote name='klfhngr']I don't see any pix in Karinas post....[/QUOTE]

If you click the Enchantment link in my sig, it will get you to where jailerman is talking about. However, you can go directly to:

For the complete everything: [url]www.cafekarina.org/enchantment[/url]

For just the images and scans: [url]www.cafekarina.org/enchantment/images.html[/url]

[quote name='crusinmama06']Just tell the rest of the group that you'll get onboard first, save some deck chairs and have the drinks waiting for them ;) Maybe they'll forgive you...lol[/QUOTE]

Great idea! I'll tell them that this is the reason I got a JS cabin, so I can get in earlier and save them some chairs!

[quote name='louanne93']I also thought the subject was moving from a D1 AFT to a JS AFT. So "AFT" was never the question. It was the size of a broom closet that was the question. Just kidding;)[/quote]

Yes, that was my "question"! I do appreciate the reassuring posts.

Archived