Southern Caribbean excursions

bjrose

Still looking for the right excursion for Grenada, Barbados, Curacao and St Lucia. Have read many reviews and info and the tours the Celebrity Cruise offers, but am confused. Read where Mandoo in Grenada is good; Glory Tours in Barbados is good; Cosol in St Lucia is good; Casper or Blue Angel Tours in Curacao! Please give me your feedback about any of these.

Thank you.

bjrose;)

In Curacao this past December, we took a HAL excusrion entitled:Willemstad Trolley Tour. Was about 1.5 hours and did a circle tour of the city while the guide explained different sites, why buildings were constructed a certain way and even showed us the American Embassy. Simple way to see the city & tour guide was very good - spoke very clearly and understandable!

Cost was $49/pp. I think the price was a bit steep for a simple tour BUT at just about every port on this trip, we had several passengers running

L-A-T-E...and had to wait up to 5 hours for them. So, we went with a ship sponsored tour so we wouldn't get left behind!

What I did learn is that the beaches in Curacao are not free. One must pay to enter them and some of them are not located right in Willemstad, itself.

My next cruise is on Feb 29th, via CC. CC has set up a great outing using Glory Tours in Barbados, so they must be good!

Also, on the same cruise, CC is going with Cosol in St. Lucia. Cosol has put together an entire package for us. It's my understanding they are great to use.

When is your cruise? Perhaps after this trip returns, folks will have more info for you.

Thanks, "Me in Florida" for answering so quickly. Yes, I have emailed to Mr. Francis from Cosol already to do the day with them in St Lucia. Everyone raves about them. And, the Barbados Glory Tours I have heard are good too. The only thing is that I emailed and haven't heard back which is strange considering business.

As for Curacao, that sounds like a good idea. We might do this one that you mentioned by trolley or the Casper one depending upon how we feel. We don't feel the urgency to go on 1 or the other on this island.

Let me know how your cruise goes. We leave Mar 7th until Mar 17th.

Thank you. Bjrose;)

Like most ports, Curacao will have tour operators at the pier. Generally, they all follow about the same route to the major attractions and vistas. We ganged up with a few others on the spot and had a nice tour of the city and environs. We opted to get dropped off in the middle of the town and walked back to the ship. Nice day.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Thanks, "Me in Florida" for answering so quickly. Yes, I have emailed to Mr. Francis from Cosol already to do the day with them in St Lucia. Everyone raves about them. And, the Barbados Glory Tours I have heard are good too. The only thing is that I emailed and haven't heard back which is strange considering business.

As for Curacao, that sounds like a good idea. We might do this one that you mentioned by trolley or the Casper one depending upon how we feel. We don't feel the urgency to go on 1 or the other on this island.

Thank you. Bjrose;)

You are welcome.

Do you snorkel or dive?

Thank you. Bjrose;)

Bjrose, please come join us on the roll call:) lots of us are

sailing with you too:)

Bjrose, please come join us on the roll call:) lots of us are

sailing with you too:)

Dear Lois,

Just signed up 4 the CC party onboard. Do you know when and where it will take place? Just curious. I apologize as I didn't know I intruded in the Roll Call, but I did just join.

By the way, happy 50th early! My cousin is celebrating her birthday the saildate, so she will enjoy her time this year. Anything to get away from work! Ugh!

Any other pointers on the Galaxy, would love to hear.

bjrose;)

Dear Lois,

Just signed up 4 the CC party onboard. Do you know when and where it will take place? Just curious. I apologize as I didn't know I intruded in the Roll Call, but I did just join.

By the way, happy 50th early! My cousin is celebrating her birthday the saildate, so she will enjoy her time this year. Anything to get away from work! Ugh!

Any other pointers on the Galaxy, would love to hear.

bjrose;)

You did not intrude!!!!! The roll call is for EVERYONE:) on the cruise!

There will be an invitation in your cabin with day, date and time

of the gathering.

Nice to meet you:) and thanks for the birthday wishes too...and your to your

cousin as well:)

When I was in Curacao we just hopped in a cab and told him to take us to KonTiki Beach. The cost to get on the beach was 3.00 and the cost for a lounge chair was 3.00. We ate there at the beach also and the food was very good. We told our cab driver what time we wanted to be picked up and he was there waiting for us. He then dropped us off in town and we did some shopping before walking back to the ship. Good jewelry buys there!

Still looking for the right excursion for Grenada, Barbados, Curacao and St Lucia. Have read many reviews and info and the tours the Celebrity Cruise offers, but am confused. Read where Mandoo in Grenada is good; Glory Tours in Barbados is good; Cosol in St Lucia is good; Casper or Blue Angel Tours in Curacao! Please give me your feedback about any of these.

Thank you.

bjrose;)

We spent our day with Mandoo 3 years ago - it was absolutely terrific, in fact we've considered booking with him again for next January. And we've also used Glory tours in Barbados. They did a very nice job. We filled a van with our meet and mingle group from Cruise Critic, and designed our own custom day, based on what various members of our group had requested in advance communications. When it was a little rainy and we wanted to skip the beach part of the day, the guide/driver was very flexible in finding another activity for us. And when we arrived at our first stop of the day too early (they hadn't opened yet), he quickly reversed the order of what we were going to see.

We've used Frank in St. Lucia - we'd go with him again in a heartbeat, as well. Can't help you for Curacao - we've snorkeled there (had a taxi driver recommend a beach and ended up at Jan Thiel), and walked around Willemstad on our own on previous visits.

Archived