Age of Solos

keke1227

Age doesn't matter, when it comes to cruising. You'll have a fantastic time. From experience, a vast majority of solo cruisers (rather than singles cruisers) are age 45 and older, with some lines having a much higher average age. If you stick with RCCI or Carnival, there will be some solos closer to your age, but don't expect all that many.

I was 32 on my first solo... will be turning 34 during my next solo... in NINE DAYS! YAY!

The other solos I met on my last solo cruise were 30, 50 (it was his b-day too!), 6o-ish and several in their 40's.

Like the others said, though, it won't make any difference that you're on the young side. Everyone's there to have a great time. Heck, that 60-ish gentleman that was on my last one definitely out-partied the rest of us!!!

Have a BLAST!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

What is age? I was late 50s on my first solo cruise. In fact, if I can go myself without my husband, I prefer it that way. Sometimes, we old geezers need a break and this is my way of breaking! Anyhow, he can sit on the sofa at home to read, which is what he basically does anyhow. I'm a wanderer and just follow my nose to see what I can find.

Patty in PA

I'm 58 going on 35 and have 2 solo cruises scheduled soon. I consider the ship the destination to be fed, waited on and pampered for 7 glorious days. Age doesn't really matter on a cruise ship... there are the FUN people and NOT fun people..age makes no difference! IMO.

Happy Cruising!

I was 28 on my first solo cruise. I'm 38 now and have cruised about half the time solo in the intervening years.

For me it matters less if there's other solo's my age cruising than if there are just people around my age cruising. There's usually a lot of folks who while not cruising solo, are still single and/or unattached. I say this not for the dating prospects, but for the idea that it's always been easy to strike up a conversation with people on board.

I would also recommend Carnival as it tends to have a younger crowd overall.

I turned 27 on my first solo cruise. It was fabulous. The day before my birthday, some fellow cruisers I met on the ship bought me a birthday lunch/drink in St. Thomas. I celebrated my birthday by exploring San Juan, calling my family who was at home at work in cold weather, and then by getting a massage.

Archived