Couple questions about Spirit and Grenada?

Curious Jan

Does anyone know how long it normally is before we will know if we are going to Grenada? We leave on the October 22 cruise and I was curious if we

will go there. ALso I was to go on a different cruise and bought two new

dresses, one definitely a formal gown. I know they don't have a formal night.

If I want to wear that gown does that mean I have to eat in a particular restaurant so I will not feel stupid? Or should I forget the gown completely.

My husband is willing to bring a suit but he does not want to feel out of place. I don't want to pack something I am not going to wear. Please help, first time on NCL.

Thanks

Jan

Gown? As in "very formal"? What other line were you going on? If it was Cunard then your gown is too formal. Wear what you would normally to an evening wedding.

Grenada was destroyed:( I don`t think that you would even want to go there in Oct. Look on their web site to see when the port will be open.

Have a great time on your cruise.

Curious Jan,

They do have an optional formal night, so you will have an opportunity to wear your gown if you like. There will be other women dressed in gowns, as well. The usual way it is done is that one main dining room is specified as formal, while resort casual is appropriate elsewhere. Of course, the numbers of those dressed formally will vary, but many people do dress up and get formal portraits, participate in the Champagne reception, and enjoy their evening meal in high style.:)

On our last cruise, June 04 NCL Star to Alaska, I was expecting that less people would be dressing formally, as I got the impression that Alaska voyages were more casual. On optional formal night the Versailles dining room, right at opening, was quickly filled to capacity with people dressed formally and semi-formally. There were gowns, ties, and dark suits everywhere. (I didn't see any tuxes).

I wore my floor length gown all night and was not uncomfortable at any time (except due to the shoes;) )

Archived