Price Lower Than When Reserved

SonnyESQ

DW and I have reservations on the Celebrity Infinity for July. When I reserved, I placed deposit. Now I notice that the price for the same cabin has dropped $100/pp - and every $ saved helps. Any suggestion on getting Celebrity to honor the new price if I don't want to make my final payment just yet?

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!!

karyn is right - Get your TA to contact them, or you can do it if you booked directly with Celebrity. They are very good about giving you a credit or refunding the difference if you're still far enough out. I've had it happen to me several times. Lucky for me I have a great TA who watches out for these type of things.

Terri

DW and I have reservations on the Celebrity Infinity for July. When I reserved, I placed deposit. Now I notice that the price for the same cabin has dropped $100/pp - and every $ saved helps. Any suggestion on getting Celebrity to honor the new price if I don't want to make my final payment just yet?

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I had 5 price reductions on 2 cabins AFTER final payment on Celebrity. It was much easier to get the refund with the cabin booked directly with Celebrity. TA wanted to charge a $50.00pp change fee, but I talked them out of it based on the fact I had multiple bookings with them and I didn't want to feel I could have had a better price booking direct.

I have never had this on HAL as my cruises always sell out.

If the lower price is a new booking only special, you will not be able to get the price reduction.

You do not cancel your reservation and rebook to get the new price, your price should be adjusted and you should keep the same booking number. The reason that some travel agents say you can't is because their commission is based on your price - any price reduction is a decrease in their commission. Any TA that tells you that you have to cancel and rebook is trying to save some of their commission -especially when they charge a cancellation fee.

If the lower price is a new booking only special, you will not be able to get the price reduction.

You do not cancel your reservation and rebook to get the new price, your price should be adjusted and you should keep the same booking number. The reason that some travel agents say you can't is because their commission is based on your price - any price reduction is a decrease in their commission. Any TA that tells you that you have to cancel and rebook is trying to save some of their commission -especially when they charge a cancellation fee.

It is not the cancellation fee I was talking about, but some (especially internet agencys) do charge a change fee (any changes) and the fees are clearly listed on the web site. Even the one that I have used will not charge a cancellation fee if you cancel one cruise and book another with them.

I do not recommend canceling and rebooking the same cruise if you have insurance with a pre-existing condition waiver as all the ones I have read void the pre-existing clause if you do this (it's to keep people from rebooking to pick up insurance because they now have a condition and did not purchase the insurance in the first place).

"I have read void the pre-existing clause if you do this (it's to keep people from rebooking to pick up insurance because they now have a condition and did not purchase the insurance in the first place)."

Wow... interesting thought. Never occured to me.

I only found out because there was a long thread on the HAL board last year (well, a few of them) and someone knew of a person who tried to do this (maybe after a heart attack),rebooked to pick up insurance, had a problem on the ship where he was medi vaced and later insurance refused to pay the claim (it might have been over $50K).

Yes - the July sailings on the Infinity went down $100-$150 per person for the first and 2nd passengers - but my sister got the best deal - the 3rd and 4th passengers (little nieces) went down $300 per person to $499! Her cabin fare came down $900 total!

Archived