Price reduced on Voyager April 20 '08

Happened to look online today, and RCI had lowered the prices on the Voyager of the Seas departing Galveston, TX on April 20 '08. We had a Category Q inside cabin, and upgraded to a Promenade Stateroom (Cat. PR) for $60 LESS per person than we paid for the Category Q. I'm so excited! I had really wanted a Promenade Stateroom..... :D

Happened to look online today, and RCI had lowered the prices on the Voyager of the Seas departing Galveston, TX on April 20 '08. We had a Category Q inside cabin, and upgraded to a Promenade Stateroom (Cat. PR) for $60 LESS per person than we paid for the Category Q. I'm so excited! I had really wanted a Promenade Stateroom..... :D

Thanks for heads up, maybe I can get DW off for a 2 of us cruise without DD.

That would give me a chance to sail with my horns before they go to the ranch. :rolleyes:

Hi :)

I'm pretty new to cruising and have a question. If you book your cabin and then see a "sale" on the same cruise, can you change your booking to get an upgrade? Sounds like you were able to do that -- am I correct?

Hi :)

I'm pretty new to cruising and have a question. If you book your cabin and then see a "sale" on the same cruise, can you change your booking to get an upgrade? Sounds like you were able to do that -- am I correct?

Yep. You can upgrade, or you can just get your money refunded on the same room. We were already paid in full for the category Q. I saw the lower prices today, and called and had my room changed to the promenade stateroom at the lower price. They are refunding the $120 difference. They won't contact you with lower prices. You need to stay on top of it yourself. SO glad I did! And so are my cruise buddies! :D

Yes, because cruises are 100% refundable until final payment, if you see that the price has gone down, you can call and they will either give you that price or give you an upgrade to offset what you paid (balcony for and inside) which ever you want. Otherwise you could just cancel the cruise and rebook. So always keep checking, the prices are generally, constantly flucuating.

Thank you so much for posting this thread.

I checked my cabin type and sure enough it was cheaper by $100 per person. I called and was given the $200 credit on my unpaid balance. Yippee!!!

I have been checking the price every few days but hadn't checked it today. SO again..a BIG Texas Thank you.....

Carla

Yes, because cruises are 100% refundable until final payment, if you see that the price has gone down, you can call and they will either give you that price or give you an upgrade to offset what you paid (balcony for and inside) which ever you want. Otherwise you could just cancel the cruise and rebook. So always keep checking, the prices are generally, constantly flucuating.

Thank you so much for posting this thread.

I checked my cabin type and sure enough it was cheaper by $100 per person. I called and was given the $200 credit on my unpaid balance. Yippee!!!

I have been checking the price every few days but hadn't checked it today. SO again..a BIG Texas Thank you.....

Carla

They will reduce it AFTER final payment (if not for new bookings only ) so keep checking.

Unfortunately, not all travel agents will give you the lower rate. The TA we used for seeral years in San Antonio wouldn't. That is why we now book direct with RCCL>> The only thing the TA did for us was give us a box a cookies onboard as a thank you. I would rather book myself and be in control.

Carla

Archived