Constellation mattresses

Fblack

Most cruisers know that Holland America has some of the best mattresses at sea. Those Euro Pillow tops are hard to beat. I know because I slept on one for 26 days last year.

I also suffered for 10 days on a very old, tired out, mattress on the Mercury. Anyone have any comments on the mattresses on the Constellation? Yes I know enough to request egg carton foam etc. But they still are not great.

We're on the Constellation right now. Personally, I find our mattress comfortable (with the egg crate). I'm not having any problem. Mattresses are a subjective subject.

Also, they're trying out some of the new menus. I like the enhancements very much.

We're on the Constellation right now. Personally, I find our mattress comfortable (with the egg crate). I'm not having any problem. Mattresses are a subjective subject.

Also, they're trying out some of the new menus. I like the enhancements very much.

What concerns me is, the fact that the mattress needs an egg crate pad:eek: Have they replaced those thin mattress's with the thick ones like they did on Royal Caribbean?

If Perry Grant is entertaining in Michaels Pub...GO SEE HIM!!!

Hi Gator Mom !

I believe that Perry Grant is onboard right now.

Judy : if you have a chance, go see Perry.... he's a lot of fun, and very entertaining. We have been very interested in hearing about the new menus, as we will be sailing on Constellation in 7 weeks. I hope you have a chance to report back. Have a wonderful cruise !

What concerns me is, the fact that the mattress needs an egg crate pad:eek: Have they replaced those thin mattress's with the thick ones like they did on Royal Caribbean?

I would have to say no. We just got off the Connie and this was the 1st cruise where we didn't enjoy the mattress. Not comfortable at all. We were on the Explorer last year right after they had changed all the bedding and that was the best sleep ever.

Sorry, but the cruise itself was good.

For some reason the cabin attendants often pretend they never heard of a foam mattress pad. Then some say they are all being used. Lots of excuses. On my Mercury cruise last year, when I was on my side, I could feel the beds platform with my hip. After several complaints, the attendant put on three regular, quilted, mattress pads. It helped, but nothing is like those newer pillow top beds.

I slept okay on the ship the first night but the mattress (to me) was a little harder than I liked it. So, I asked my room steward, Agnelo who is wonderful but leaving the ship when we do, for an egg crate. I prefer the little bit softness of the mattress now. My husband never had a complaint.

At the pool grill, they have sausage, hot dogs, hamburgers, tacos, fried onions, sauerkraut, potato salad, one or two other salads, nachos and all of the incrediants needed for tacos et al. I'm sure that I'm missing something.

They also bring out paper cups in the am and there's coffee, tea, oj and others available morning until early evening there. BTW, they are changing the coffee but I don't know the details on that.

I will try to take a picture tonight of the menu. It's the second formal night.

Hope that this helps.

Years ago, knowing the kids would be on the miserable hide a bed, I bought an egg crate pad at shopKo for under $10.00. When they are new, they are packed very tightly in there packaging. They are very light weight. The room it took up in the luggage was the amount of room I usually leave for extras that we bring home. We left the pad on the ship. I think I will go this route again. Egg crate pads used by others kind of gross me out, considering they are not washable.. :eek:

I peeked under the sheet in our room and found a mattress about 6 or 7 inches think with two pillow tops plus the egg crate that I requested. Since I also need to sleep practicall sitting up, I requested another pillow. No problem.

I would like to add info about the pool grill. They will make you a Rueben sandwhich, or other specials of the day. They also have onion rings. I really enjoy eating out there. Oh yes, there is bacon for people who want it added to their sandwich or meal.

We received info that the new chef for Celebrity is also going to be improving the room service menu. I sure hope they've made it to the Summit by November. I'm really enjoying this cruise - like I don't enjoy them all. I am writing a daily review on my computer which I'll publish after we've been home for awhile.

Archived