Problems with Victor Boden

patehren

I want to forewarn anyone who is planning a tour with Victor Boden. We made arrangements by e-mail with him for our April 2 cruise on the Horizon. When we got to the port in Roatan, he informed us that he was booked by another party before he got our reservation. He had not told us that when we made arrangements with him. He substituted his brother George. George had a beat up van with NO air conditioning. He had to stop periodically to put water in it. He was not very informative and the van was hot with gas fumes. We all made the best of it but for $100 I would have expected better. I guess Victor is getting a little too popular.

Pat

How many brothers does Victor have? There is an earlier post where someone said Victor fixed up some cruisers with his brothers Kirk and Francisco. icon_eek.gif

I have booked Victor for our June Paradise cruise and would be really disappointed to find out we were going with someone else.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till we are in Paradise again!

Paradise 6/2004

Paradise 6/2002

Pat - sorry about your experience. We booked with Victor on April 7 and had no problems. In fact during the booking process he sent me an e-mail back and asked me to confirm with him. I booked him 3 months in advance and then I also sent him an e-mail one week before just to make sure he did not forget us. he replied back he would be waiting. I would suggest for anyone who is using a private individual to reconfirm a week or two in advance. I do know that a couple of families on our cruise also tried to book Victor after I had him booked. He set them up with his friend and brother. I talked to one of the families and they said they had a wonderful time. I am sure you were disappointed in the mix-up (I know I would have been). I still hope you enjoyed Roatan. We thought it was beautiful and it was our favorite port.

Cruising on the Paradise 04/04/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;04;04;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Imagination 03/03

Carnival Holiday 09/94

Patehren, we booked with Victor for last

Thanksgiving week. Got the same van I think, kind of purple or burgandy? Seems like the "Brother or Cousins" name was Carlos, not sure. Thank God we are used to Mexico and the way things work or we would have been totally freaked out about stopping to put water in the van every twenty minutes. The dude had one gal. to start with, had to stop to buy another, and finally the last time he didn't have enough so we gladly gave our drinking water.

Victor e-mailed me after our return to inquire about the services. I said all was well but he needed to put a new radiator in that van since this experience is going to freak out a lot of tourists.

Victor charges twice as much as other guides you read about on the boards, who are just as or more so informative and flexible about where and what you want to do. Only good thing about Victor is booking in advance. Next time we'll wait until we are there and out of the gate!

Happy Sails to you!

Patehren, we booked with Victor for one day last

Thanksgiving week. Got the same van I think, kind of purple or burgandy? Seems like the "Brother or Cousins" name was Carlos, not sure. Thank God we are used to Mexico and the way things work or we would have been totally freaked out about stopping to put water in the van every twenty minutes. The dude had one gal. to start with, had to stop to buy another, and finally the last time he didn't have enough so we gladly gave our drinking water.

Victor e-mailed me after our return to inquire about the services. I said all was well but he needed to put a new radiator in that van since this experience is going to freak out a lot of tourists.

Victor charges twice as much as other guides you read about on the boards, who are just as or more so informative and flexible about where and what you want to do. Only good thing about Victor is booking in advance. Next time we'll wait until we are there and out of the gate!

Happy Sails to you!

Well I hope everything works out for our group, we booked with Victor for Nov 2004..and have been told by several people that we will love this island and its people...I just hope we don't get with one of the brothers or cousins...wish us luck!

Sheila

hamptonsheila@netscape.net

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;31;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600 NCL Dream - Halloween Cruise - New Orleans

NCL Majesty 2/14/2004

HAL Statendam 10/1/2003

NCL Norway 1/12/2003

Celebrity Infinity 8/23/2002

NCL Norway 5/12/2002

Celebrity Infinity 11/3/2001

Celebrity Century 4/28/2001

HAL Westerdam 11/4/2000

SS Seabreeze 4/3/2000

Celebrity Horizon 11/1/1999

Grand Princess 4/25/1999

Regal Princess 10/19/1998

SS Seabreeze 4/26/1998

SS Seabreeze 9/28/1997

SS Seabreeze 4/6/1997

Sun Princess 10/19/1996

SS Seabreeze 9/15/1996

SS Oceanbreeze 3/17/1996

SS Seabreeze 8/20/1995

SS Seabreeze 2/26/1995

SS Dolphin IV 4/29/1994

SS Dolphin IV 4/26/1993

SS Dolphin IV 9/21/1992

Carnival Fantasy 4/12/1991

We were in Roatan March 10, 2004 and we had a wonderful time with Victor. I had booked him via e-mail before hand and he was waiting at the dock with my name on a sign. Roatan and Victor were the highlights of an already wonderful cruise. Our teenagers (14 & 17) also had a great time.

• 1 month later...

Archived