Porcao Restaurant in Miami

digital_curator

I'm also interested, so I hope you get a response.

I haven't been to Porcão in Miami -- BUT I've been to the Ipanema branch in Rio de Janeiro -- and it was ABSOLUTELY incredible!

Look forward to the feedback; I'll be doing the Navigator in April (4/9/05) and I plan to visit Porcão post-cruise.

RSS- You seem to like the Navigator- I'm glad, as that is the cruise we are taking in January- our first:)

Have you ever stayed in a good Miami hotel? We are still looking for one post-cruise, preferably not downtown.

What was the Porcao like in Rio- I have only heard a bit about this restaurant.

Cheers,

Alright!!! -- Navigator is an incredible ship for a first timer! You'll have a blast.

Have only been to Miami twice and only one trip I was on a cruise where I stayed overnight pre-cruise and post-cruise (March 03). Both hotels were at the airport because we wanted to be near the parking lots; we were renting cars, and one in our group could only walk a few steps without a wheelchair.

Basic Accomodations for pre-cruise hotel near MIA:

Red Roof Inn right outside the airport, 55.76 including tax. Decent overnight safe accommodations, decent basic continental breakfast, free shuttle to/from MIA, *and* a free shuttle to the Port of Miami. I also picked this so I could quickly and easily pick up/drop off using Enterprise, which was only 1/2 block away. Four of us stayed there, and 3 others in our group (staying at a hotel in Coral Gables) almost joined us in the morning so we could take the Port shuttle together. (I had asked the desk the night before if this would be okay; we just wanted to travel together and were willing to pay extra. The nice clerks said no problem and there wouldn't be an extra charge! The other 3 travelers who had stayed in Coral Gables changed their post-cruise basic hotel to the Red Roof, based on our satisfaction there.

Step Up (2 star?) for post-cruise also near MIA:

Summerfield Suites By Wyndham (Blue Lagoon Drive), 104.00 before tax, using AAA discount. This was for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite with living room and kitchen. Very Nicely appointed. Included a good full breakfast buffet with eggs, meats, potatoes (not as extensive as an Embassy Suites but much better than many 3* places.) Also had free shuttle to the airport, and I also heard to the port (for extra.)

For April 2005:

Pre Cruise, 1 night: I plan to use Priceline for a 3* Downtown, and probably using the Holiday Inn Port of Miami as a backup.

Post Cruise, 2 nights: Leaning on Priceline - Resort* South Beach, 4* South Beach, Resort* Miami Beach. Haven't decided on a backup yet, although I'll probably find a place on the quieter north end of South Beach or Miami Beach.

Porcao in Rio:

This was a real treat (4 years ago). I was just happy to be in Rio, but Porcao in Ipanema was just a great wonderful place for all the grilled meats you could eat. And the other food there (such as salads) was tasty, too. I haven't been to a churrascaria or rodizio elsewhere or any other time, so I can't really compare the experience. I also expect that perhaps a churrascaria outside of Brazil, as much as I'm sure I could enjoy a great one, would not have the same Pow/Umph/Rhythm I think I felt in Rio. There is only one churrascaria in my area I'm aware of (in San Francisco) and it's much much smaller and nowhere near the mega-experience of Porcao. That being said, I'm still looking forward to checking out Porcao in Miami (unless maybe someone says I won't like it and I need to go elsewhere!) If I'm ever going to Rio again, it's not in the forseeable future -- so I'd like to make do for now!

Archived