typical weather e carribean in october

cruise fairy

All cruise ships attempt to avoid any hurricanes out there to the best of their ability. We have had itinearys reversed in the past to avoid the roughest part of the sailing when a storm is out there.

We have sailed many times in October, and if there isn't a storm brewing or formed, the weather is absolutely lovely and the waters very warm.

But since no one can out guess Mother Nature, it is a chance you take this time of year in the Eastern Caribbean. Sometimes it is perfect, and less times it can be very rough. It all just depends on if there is a hurricane and where it is headed. The ships can attempt to avoid rough seas to some point, but they aren't always successful at it. If you go prepared, just in case (seasickness prevention of some type), I am sure it will be fine.

If you go to the Princess web site and pertend to book your cruise. When you get to the screen where you can select the cruise select your sailing date and details. Then you can select the weather tab, it will give you the average temp and other average weather indications.

We sailed through the beginnings of Hurricane Noel on the Miracle last October. We both have excellent sea legs, although I had a broken foot and slightly re-injured it when the ship jerked due to a rather large wave. It did get rocky, even though we managed to stay away from the brunt of the storm. I guess it really depends on whether or not you can take the rocking of the ship because there is no guarantee of weather, and hurricane season from from 01Jun to 30Nov. Any sailing, during this period can be subject to bad weather and missed ports.

That being said, if you have good sea legs, it's not bad at all and you can get quite a deal!

we sail mostly during hurricane season and (knock on wood) have never experienced any changes/rough seas due to bad weather....in fact, the worst weather we had was on the Triumph in '99 in the north atlantic...

I agree with the previous posters-the caribbean is gorgeous that time of year!! :)

Marsha

Archived