Need Help Getting A Visa

MOYSHA

We will be going on a cruise to Australia/NZ in the Fall. We will be needing a Visa. What is the easiest, least expensive way to get the Visa?

One person told me the Visa costs $35, someone else said $20 and I'm getting confused.

Thanks for your help

You will need an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) for a visit to Australia. No additional things are needed for New Zealand assuming you are travelling on a US passport. Cost of the ETA is $20 (Australian?) Web site to check: www.eta.immi.gov.au. I think that you can do the application on line from there. Every member of a family will need an ETA.

biker is correct. I applied for my Australian visa on line. It's good for 6 months and for multiple entries into the country. All you need is to fill out the form online, use a credit card to pay the fee and hit the send button. The cost is $20 Australian dollars, which will appear on your credit card, converted to US dollars. FYI, $20 AUD equals $18.17 US dollars

Our travel agent obtained ours for us. We just gave her photocopies of our passports and we had confirmation the next day. We were aware that we could get them online, but she said that if a TA got them there was no charge, so we let her do it. Your passport does need to be valid for 6 months from date of issue of the visa.

Sheila

Some of the cruise lines include the cost of the visa in the cruise charges. Check with your TA (or Celebrity if booked directly) and ask them. I do know it is electronic...you won't receive any kind of paper.

Hope this helps.

Soccer Mom

Celebrity does not include the Australian Visa in the price of their cruises. We leave for Sydney next week (Mercury), and we got our Visa's online months ago. The fee is $20 (AUD). Your chosen airline will have access to the ETA Visa.

i have flown into sydney a few times and dont remember paying anything nor do i remember anyone else paying anything. perhaps it is different for americans, dont know but there were any number of americans on my last flight out of lax in feb 07. just went to immigration booth answered the usual questions and they stamped my passport

U.S. citizens definitely need a visa to travel to Australia. It is electronic and you will not get a paper confirmation. Princess handled it for us with an added charge of I think $20 on the cruise invoice. I would think that Celebrity would/could do the same.

NO, Celebrity does NOT do the blanket visa. Any cruiser on X needs to apply for the visa themself. Blanket visas do not work for Australia. I was on Crystal's world cruise and while they were able to get blanket visas for Vietnam, we had to get individual visas for Australia and India. Princess might do the work for their passengers, but Celebrity does not. They said it's up to the individual passenger to take care of such matters themself.

Archived